IGNORED

Ridge Racer 6 For Xbox 360

Graham S

The game will apparently feature online play and downloadable content, although details on everything else remain under wraps, with just a smattering of artwork - featuring some extremely shiny cars - showing up anywhere on the Internet over the weekend.

Nice of them to show some links to them, eh... :)

Online Ridge Racer? Shiny cars? Super-realistic versions of Reiko Nagase and Ai Fukami?

ridgequeens_b.jpg

Yes, please.

To answer the 'Hulk' post you made :lol:

Some of the games are far too similar to each other really (one, two, Revolution and five), and some way too different (Rage Racer was a waste of the licence, even if the tracks were nice, and Ridge Racers is only a compendium, at the end of the day) and hardly anyone got to play Rave Raver.

Something with the style, track originality and class of Ridge Racer, Rave Racer and Ridge Racer Type 4 is still most, most welcome.

.::: The summit itself gave the 360 a more 'normal'* launch line-up. But I don't think R6 will be exclusive... If it would be, it'd be a good reason to get me a 360 though.

BUT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T LET THEM MAKE A REALISTIC RACER!

Something like a console Ridge Racers is what I'm hoping for.

*: Read: more alike to an expected PS3 one.

.::: BUT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T LET THEM MAKE A REALISTIC RACER!

Something like a console Ridge Racers is what I'm hoping for.

Don't worry, they learned their mistake from the god-awfulness that was R: Racing Evolution, the only good point of which was the pack-in Pacman Vs..

I don't want a console Ridge Racers. It was far too easy and overly repetitive after a while, if fun. The handling was more Outrun 2 than Ridge, as well. We need just another addition to the series, hopefully of the quality of Rave and Type 4.

Although it was a rehash, I also loved RRV. Some nice courses ^^

Don't worry, they learned their mistake from the god-awfulness that was R: Racing Evolution, the only good point of which was the pack-in Pacman Vs..

I don't want a console Ridge Racers. It was far too easy and overly repetitive after a while, if fun. The handling was more Outrun 2 than Ridge, as well. We need just another addition to the series, hopefully of the quality of Rave and Type 4.

Although it was a rehash, I also loved RRV. Some nice courses ^^

If it's anything like Type 4, I'll run away and cry. So DULL...

revolution was the my last RR game.

NAMCO's best bet now is to rip-off and merge Daytona/Sega Rally with next-gen graphics.

Or "lighten" slightly the experience offered by PGR2 and cross it with Outrun.

Lets face it, NAMCO can't "do" their "own" racing games anymore, cos everyone else has done it better, right?

revolution was the my last RR game.

NAMCO's best bet now is to rip-off and merge Daytona/Sega Rally with next-gen graphics.

Or "lighten" slightly the experience offered by PGR2 and cross it with Outrun.

Lets face it, NAMCO can't "do" their "own" racing games anymore, cos everyone else has done it better, right?

.::: :P

Dont compare those gimmickfests sega rally and daytona to the ridge series.

The day Sega release a racer with decent handling and more than 1 decent track is the day i sell my PS2!

Ban Request!

Being more incorrect than is humanly possible.

Oh man, more and more reasons keep coming up to get a 360, and this one might sway me. I think Namco's best bet is to go all out on the style, sort of like they did for R4 (which is my favourite by far.) The presentation, music, stylised graphics and cars made an incredibley cohesive and stylish experience which I think has yet to be bettered in a racing game.

Incidentally, I was just thinking the other day how amazing it would be if the track designers at Namco left to become town planners. Imagine a real town that was like 'out of blue' or a city that was like 'brightest nite'. That would be excellent.