rllmuk
cubeadvance

Arsenal

Would be very surprised if either of them started against Chelsea if I'm honest, we all know how conservative Arsène has become in recent years. I suspect he thinks Xhaka/Elneny are too inexperienced within the league/team to start as a pair against top opposition (plus not sure how good Mo's English is?) and he'll revert to the Coqzorla safety net.  I think it will be the same XI as Hull.

We will probably see more of Xhaka when Ramsey is back as in theory that's a nice pairing.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/sep/21/arsene-wenger-arsenal-1966-premier-league-rivals-where-are-they-now

Good article on Wenger, breaking down his 20 years in charge, in to different phases. Briefly looking back on his time overall, the things that stand out most for me, are that he undoubtedly should have won more league titles (five at least) and that I think time will be much kinder to him over the period of our move to the Emirates and keeping us in the CL each season. It was a frustrating period at the time, coming from the invincibles and how amazing that was, but to achieve what he did with the limited finances at the time (and some of the dross we had in the squad), was a remarkable achievement under the circumstances. 

Wenger will certainly leave the club with a much better squad than Fergie did - he fucked off and left their team in a right old state, something they're still trying to recover from.

Gents, what's are the best options for buying match tickets? Looking at Middlesborough on the 22nd in particular. I'm coming to London for my stag and looking to see my first live game. I have the Red membership but there are only tickets on ticket exchange available now.

9 minutes ago, jonno said:

Gents, what's are the best options for buying match tickets? Looking at Middlesborough on the 22nd in particular. I'm coming to London for my stag and looking to see my first live game. I have the Red membership but there are only tickets on ticket exchange available now.

ticket exchange is usually a decent option if you look in the week running up to the match, especially for a cat C game like Boro, lot of people will chuck back tix in the run up to the game. Plus you only pay face value for them.

always see plenty of touts around the Arsenal tube station and burger stalls quite openly plying their trade, but obviously you'll pay over the odds and not guaranteed

Thanks, Gotters.

Do you know if there is a limit on how many tickets I can personally buy through ticket exchange? I had a look at the FAQs and the site and couldn't see anything.

I wouldn't swear to it, as never tried, but think ticket exchange is limited so that 1 red membership can only buy 1 ticket.

I think this changes once games go on general sale, but that never for league matches

Predictable but still not good:

Cech; Bellerin, Mustafi, Koscienly, Monreal; Coquelin, Cazorla; Walcott, Ozil, Iwobi; Alexis 

Coq and Caz are gonna get steam-rolled in midfield and I can't see Theo or Owobi offering much assistance. 

I know I shouldnt be but I'm Surprised by the team. Really thought xhaka would start. No Elneny on the bench either and Sanchez upfront. 

Let's just hope we can keep 11 on the pitch 

12 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

Walcott has been superb so far, getting out quickly and putting pressure on the ball, and scored a good goal as well.

Yeah, I was totally wrong when I didn't think he'd offer much cover but he's been fantastic. 

That was the best we have played in a long, long time. Better than Utd last season for me because Chelsea haven't totally handed it to us like Utd that day.

I mean, look, it's a shame it's going to end 3-3, obviously, but that was really enjoyable.