The Watchtower - A thread for all comics

So to make up for not getting a Series X today. I just bought Batman by Paul Dini Omni. Think that takes me over £300 spent on Absolutes, hardcovers and Omnis this month.  I have a serious fucking problem. 

12 minutes ago, cassidy said:

So to make up for not getting a Series X today. I just bought Batman by Paul Dini Omni. Think that takes me over £300 spent on Absolutes, hardcovers and Omnis this month.  I have a serious fucking problem. 

I am tempted by the Paul Dini omni myself but DC’s fucking ridiculous practice of publishing books with only half the story in, has allowed me to wait for a while to buy it as I have too much to read as it is.

1 hour ago, Charliemouse said:

I am tempted by the Paul Dini omni myself but DC’s fucking ridiculous practice of publishing books with only half the story in, has allowed me to wait for a while to buy it as I have too much to read as it is.

Doesn't seem like too much is missing and it's contents are all material I've not read before.  

20 minutes ago, cassidy said:

Doesn't seem like too much is missing and it's contents are all material I've not read before.  

Oh yeah I am sure it will be a great read but I just hate it when they miss out issues if they weren’t written by the person on the front cover.

Basically when it comes down to it, the collected edition department sucks compared to Marvels, and then they wonder why they get outsold every month.

14 minutes ago, Charliemouse said:

Oh yeah I am sure it will be a great read but I just hate it when they miss out issues if they weren’t written by the person on the front cover.

Basically when it comes down to it, the collected edition department sucks compared to Marvels, and then they wonder why they get outsold every month.

I'll be honest mind, my marvel collection is far outweighed by DC. 

6 minutes ago, cassidy said:

I'll be honest mind, my marvel collection is far outweighed by DC. 

Same here, I much prefer the DC universe in general but Marvel collected editions are simply far nicer book.  They are better built, all their spines nicely match up and things like their Epic Collections are a million times better than what DC offer.

Just now, Charliemouse said:

My New Frontier Absolute should arrive tomorrow, I can’t wait to see Darwyn Cooke’s art on those massive pages.

Oh you are in for a treat. I got that for last Xmas. It's a thing of beauty. 

God I love Darwyns art.

6 hours ago, Arn Ironjaw said:

Anyone read Immortal She Hulk?

It was so good, added to the pull list. 

It's brilliant and really adds to the Immortal Hulk story. But it's also a one-shot...

Based on this, I wouldn't mind a She-Hulk series by Ewing after Jason Aaron is done ruining the character in Avengers.

3 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

It's brilliant and really adds to the Immortal Hulk story. But it's also a one-shot...

Based on this, I wouldn't mind a She-Hulk series by Ewing after Jason Aaron is done ruining the character in Avengers.

Jason Aaron’s Avengers has been terrible so far, he’s usually a decent- if rather overrated writer as well.

1 minute ago, Charliemouse said:

Jason Aaron’s Avengers has been terrible so far, he’s usually a decent- if rather overrated writer as well.

I read the first three or four issues and dropped it. It was Michael Bay style incoherent nonsense imho. 

1 hour ago, Charliemouse said:

You are as bad as I am , I have had 4 omnis and 1 absolute in the post over the last week.

Defo got a problem!  Worst thing is I need a new Kallax and cant go to Ikea to get one as lockdown in my area and can't leave to go furniture shopping . So have a few stacked up awaiting shelf space post reading.

Forgot to post this one as well that arrived yesterday.

IMG-20200923-WA0003.jpeg

What do you think of the Absolute New Frontier btw?

Just now, cassidy said:

Defo got a problem!  Worst thing is I need a new Kallax and cant go to Ikea to get one as lockdown in my area and can't leave to go furniture shopping . So have a few stacked up awaiting shelf space post reading.

Forgot to post this one as well that arrived yesterday.

What do you think of the Absolute New Frontier btw?

IMG-20200923-WA0003.jpeg

It may have just topped my Absolute Sandman books as the most beautiful thing on my shelves.

10 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Can't believe that's a one shot! Damn got well excited thinking we were getting a second hulk title. 

I read the first issue of Juggernaut and I see that a Hulk fight is due next issue. Not enough in the first issue to grab me to keep the series going. 

1 hour ago, cassidy said:

Final arrival for the month Black Science Vol 3. I now have the complete tale. 

DSC_0012.JPG

After really struggling to even finish the Uncanny X-Force omnibus, I have accepted Rick Remender is a writer I just don’t enjoy reading, even though almost all his books are critically acclaimed.  At least this saves me money in the long run as he has written a shit ton of books.

22 minutes ago, Charliemouse said:

After really struggling to even finish the Uncanny X-Force omnibus, I have accepted Rick Remender is a writer I just don’t enjoy reading, even though almost all his books are critically acclaimed.  At least this saves me money in the long run as he has written a shit ton of books.

Well I really enjoyed Fear Agent, and Black Science and Deadly Class.  Tokyo ghost was only ok but did have lovely Sean Murphy art. 

Sorry for the double post but a few people have said in this thread that they'd enjoy seeing me point out references to old Hulk lore, so I'll leave this here. The references that I picked up on in Maestro 2 (I'm too lazy right now to write it all out properly):

8 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Sorry for the double post but a few people have said in this thread that they'd enjoy seeing me point out references to old Hulk lore, so I'll leave this here. The references that I picked up on in Maestro 2 (I'm too lazy right now to write it all out properly):

You need to phone Ewing stat and consider working together. Ain’t saying it for shits and giggles. 

After many, many distractions I have reached issue 100 in my 2000AD reread. Dan Dare has lost his memory! And the Mekon is going to take advantage. What a bastard. The title has merged with Starlord (For the better since it gave them Strontium Dog and Ro-Busters) and things are bashing along at a fair old clip. We've already had the Cursed Earth saga and we're halfway through the reign of Judge Cal.

Also very nice to see a new Hook Jaw story in the regular progs, even if I have no idea how or why or what?