Police Intercepters / Motorway Cops / Traffic Cops etc

dino_jr

These shows seem to be taking over CH5 but still :sherlock:

Possible Old man rage but I get pretty wound up by the behaviour of the thieves... Last night's ep had guys throwing a hammer and a QUAD BIKE out their moving van at the chasing cop. Guessing adrenaline takes over and escaping at any cost is all that matters.

With modern tech I don't see why Police don't have remote car immobiliser transmitters or something. Stop any car that makes off with no fuss.

1 hour ago, dino_jr said:

With modern tech I don't see why Police don't have remote car immobiliser transmitters or something. Stop any car that makes off with no fuss.

I'm sure those would 100% reliable, never hacked and that power would totally not be abused in any way.

1 hour ago, dino_jr said:

These shows seem to be taking over CH5 but still :sherlock:

I had to double check that this wasn't a bumped thread from about 10 years ago. Several channels, I think including Ch 5, have been showing about 21 hours a day of these things for years.

I reckon it must be about the cheapest TV that's it's possible to make. At least 50% of the footage used is itself old enough to drive.

I always like at the end of a segment how the hard man voice overs try their best to make even the most paltry sentences sound like they've just got sent to the cubes in Mega City One.

HE'S LAUGHING ON THE OTHER SIDE OF HIS FACE NOW WITH A £25 FINE!!!

Jamie Theakston has the best voiceover for these, keeps it calm and to the point.  The guy from Cold Feet is a bit of a twat with his but the award for total voiceover dick is the Police Interceptors guy, what a knob.

I will admit that these shows are my guilty pleasure, partly because my job is roadside enforcement so I work with Kent RPU/Commercial Vehicle Officers pretty frequently.  I’ve also met the Scottish Officer who used to be in one of them all the time, any opportunity to drop that he was on the telly, he’d take it, regardless of how relevant it was :lol:

14 hours ago, Ivanho said:

Jamie Theakston has the best voiceover for these, keeps it calm and to the point.  The guy from Cold Feet is a bit of a twat with his

It would be vastly improved if John Tompson did his voice over in his Jazz Club voice. "They've just ran that cunt off the road so they can nick him. Niiiiiiice."

15 hours ago, Ivanho said:

Jamie Theakston has the best voiceover for these, keeps it calm and to the point.  The guy from Cold Feet is a bit of a twat with his but the award for total voiceover dick is the Police Interceptors guy, what a knob.

I will admit that these shows are my guilty pleasure, partly because my job is roadside enforcement so I work with Kent RPU/Commercial Vehicle Officers pretty frequently.  I’ve also met the Scottish Officer who used to be in one of them all the time, any opportunity to drop that he was on the telly, he’d take it, regardless of how relevant it was :lol:

Except when he covers Nottingham he has a habit of saying Bulwell, which is how it's written, but everyone from Bulwell pronounces it Bulwull

On 18/09/2021 at 07:07, Harsin said:

I always like at the end of a segment how the hard man voice overs try their best to make even the most paltry sentences sound like they've just got sent to the cubes in Mega City One.

HE'S LAUGHING ON THE OTHER SIDE OF HIS FACE NOW WITH A £25 FINE!!!

Sherriff John Bunell from the US equivalents was the king of these. Everything had to end with something like "Looks like the only free ride this guy's getting... IS A ONE WAY TRIP TO JAIL", etc.