Advance Wars 1+2 - The best turnbased strategy game is back! Dec 3rd

mdn2

This just leaves me conflicted, because on the one hand I want it to do well enough that Nintendo consider commissioning actual new AW games; on the other hand, it looks kind of... ugly. As in, the GBA originals (and also, by extension, their virtual console rereleases) look significantly better. Whyyyy.

If they release Amiibo for this I will buy multiple versions of each and make my own battles on the kitchen table. 

I'm 41. 

1 hour ago, Calashnikov said:

‘Re-Boot Camp’ tho 😘👌🏻 

But it's not, it's a remaster. Apart from the graphic update it looks unchanged from the original. I assume someone at Treehouse was so proud of the title no one could convince them not to use it. 

Was super happy to see advanced wars, then realised it’s a remake... I still want it, but I could play them both right now if I wanted.

It’s a tough decision as I’d like to support it in the hopes of getting more. Tbh they could have just made a bunch of new maps using the old sprites and I would have loved it.

1 hour ago, Wiper said:

This just leaves me conflicted, because on the one hand I want it to do well enough that Nintendo consider commissioning actual new AW games; on the other hand, it looks kind of... ugly. As in, the GBA originals (and also, by extension, their virtual console rereleases) look significantly better. Whyyyy.

It would have been nice if they made it so you can switch between the remaster style and classic style perhaps. 

This is a cheap way for them to bring it back. If it does well there'll be more. Room for a lot of DLC even ahead of other games too. 

Advance Wars essentially perfected the Famicom Wars formula and every one since has been worse. I'm not sure this is a bad idea anyway, because short of big anime boobies I'm not sure how they improve it. 

Yeah for me, Advance Wars 1 was pretty much the perfectly balanced game. Every unit had strengths and weaknesses and all had their uses. Every sequel just added more and more units which just upset that balance. 

Advance Wars 2 is still good, but Advance Wars is pretty much perfect. 

Was there a price announced for this? As much as I loved Advance Wars, I already put a ton of hours into it, which I guess I could do again but, you know, new Advance Wars would be good too. 

Just now, MattKB said:

Was there a price announced for this? As much as I loved Advance Wars, I already put a ton of hours into it, which I guess I could do again but, you know, new Advance Wars would be good too. 

£49.99 on the Eshop. 11.7GB. 

I've spent my last Voucher on it, making it just under £40. Although now I'm tempted to buy more Vouchers for WarioWare. 🤔