Jump to content

Euro 2020 - Congrats Italy


Recommended Posts

Love a bit of Bocceli, he came and sang at The King Power when we won the league. That's a clear sign England are going to win this thing. 

 

Hoping my boy Soyuncu delivers this evening. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thought Italy were immense in that half, made it into attack vs defence. Couldn't quite craft the opener but their pressing and movement has been relentless against a decent Turkey side playing a low block. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Pug said:

Going to have to check which England games BBC are showing.

 

So far, just Croatia. Assuming they progress, then you'd expect them to get the round of 16 game to keep things even with ITV. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Anjin said:

BBC are streaming it on iPlayer in 4k. ITV I don't think are.


Cheers, any way of checking what devices that’s working on as it doesn’t seem to be on either my Sky Q box or Apple TV 4K. Is it browser only?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Ravern said:

You can't be offside from a corner. And a quality own goal. Good to see the comical international football train rolling already. :lol:


The only time you can’t be offside is from a throw in, you can be from a corner.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ryodi said:


The only time you can’t be offside is from a throw in, you can be from a corner.

 

Check the rules.

 

"No offence

There is no offside offence if a player receives the ball directly from:

a goal kick

a throw-in

a corner kick"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fair enough, I thought it was only throw ins. Too many times seeing the short corner receiver passing it back to the taker and being offside made me think you could be offside.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, ryodi said:

Fair enough, I thought it was only throw ins. Too many times seeing the short corner receiver passing it back to the taker and being offside made me think you could be offside.

 

Well yeah, the guy who took the corner can be offside if the ball is passed back to him.

 

Italy look really good.  Strange to see an Italian team attcking so freely, even though I knew that was their style beforehand.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Sureshot said:

Florenzi subbed already… not a good start for my fantasy team.

Mate I've got Florenzi and Chiesa who will probably come on for 3 minutes at the end.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, ryodi said:

Fair enough, I thought it was only throw ins. Too many times seeing the short corner receiver passing it back to the taker and being offside made me think you could be offside.


What are you waffling about?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, dizogg said:


What are you waffling about?


I don’t know the rules of football as well as I thought I did. The game is lost, Turkey should concentrate on keeping the score down at the point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This whole continent Euros is so lifeless. I guess this was always good to be the case in a pandemic but it’s just set the tone for the future of the tournament. I’ll always enjoy a bit of competitive football on tv but the reason I fell in love with world cups and Euros as a kid was the whole cultural flavour of each tournament, how every host gave it it’s own carnival atmosphere that swept through the build up to the games and seeped into the stadiums. It’s the character and lifeblood of these tournaments that make the whole event exciting. I remember the past competitions through the country they were played in.
 

There is no flavour here, just dull corporate mouthwash. Even post pandemic it’s going to feel not much more than a series of qualifiers. 
 

Just me killing the vibe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Oh Danny Boy said:

This whole continent Euros is so lifeless. I guess this was always good to be the case in a pandemic but it’s just set the tone for the future of the tournament. I’ll always enjoy a bit of competitive football on tv but the reason I fell in love with world cups and Euros as a kid was the whole cultural flavour of each tournament, how every host gave it it’s own carnival atmosphere that swept through the build up to the games and seeped into the stadiums. It’s the character and lifeblood of these tournaments that make the whole event exciting. I remember the past competitions through the country they were played in.
 

There is no flavour here, just dull corporate mouthwash. Even post pandemic it’s going to feel not much more than a series of qualifiers. 
 

Just me killing the vibe.

They're not doing it in the future. The next one is in Germany. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Oh Danny Boy said:

This whole continent Euros is so lifeless. I guess this was always good to be the case in a pandemic but it’s just set the tone for the future of the tournament. I’ll always enjoy a bit of competitive football on tv but the reason I fell in love with world cups and Euros as a kid was the whole cultural flavour of each tournament, how every host gave it it’s own carnival atmosphere that swept through the build up to the games and seeped into the stadiums. It’s the character and lifeblood of these tournaments that make the whole event exciting. I remember the past competitions through the country they were played in.
 

There is no flavour here, just dull corporate mouthwash. Even post pandemic it’s going to feel not much more than a series of qualifiers. 
 

Just me killing the vibe.

 

The atmosphere was always going to be weird with covid, so be thankful that their anniversary across Europe version of the tournament comes during that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • gospvg changed the title to Euro 2020 - Come on England!
  • gospvg changed the title to Euro 2020 - Congrats Italy

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.