IGNORED

Battlefield 2042

Harsin

1 hour ago, Harrisown said:

It had bots. The bots in this game are beyond appalling. They’re offensively bad.

Probably because hazard zone is just not something battlefield players ever asked for so that's all you will find in there ^_^

Most of the battlefield player base will be in portal or the new game modes.

I've been playing this and to be honest I think I prefer BFV, I know some of the group love it but I think some of that is the nostalgia of the old maps in portal. 

For me though everything's too big, there have been some good moments and there are glimpses of what could be a great game but as always with the battlefield games, it's going to take 6 months or more of updates & patches before it's singing.

The hovercrafts are ridiculous and someone should have really tested it's ability to drive over things (or up walls), the guns are a bit hit and miss, the DMR's are great, the assault rifle's are lacking, the audio is also poor. The music on conquest when it get's towards the end of a round is terrible and too long, the gunfire feel's chunky but the battleground seem's a bit lacklustre, it doesn't sound like a warzone. The destruction really doesn't feel next gen, it's possibly hampered the game trying to appeal to both markets. Also we are really struggling to get more than 4 players into a lobby together, anyone else had issues? 

The maps look fabulous and the weather does look great, seeing a tornado come in looks fabulous and the gunplay on the whole feel's nice and chunky.

As I say, glimpses of something great, portal could be expanded, more guns and weapons could be added. There are more negative points than positive at the moment but that will reverse with a few months of additional development (it is a bit annoying they always do this though, it's like they don't playtest it properly).

I played a game of Bad Company 2 Rush last night and it seemed totally unbalanced to me.  The other side had heavy tanks and we had nothing to counter them with, so naturally just kept getting mullered.

I don’t often rage quit games but after spawning straight in front of a T72 or whatever the hell it was and getting blown to smithereens in seconds for the third time in a row, I thought bollocks to this.

Where is the fun in that?

Having read through the BF sub reddit it appears that the PC version is a disaster. Even people with the highest of high end rigs are getting poor frame rates. I’m happier now that I know everyone is also screwed and I can’t blame my set up on the many problems. 

As for hovercrafts I’ve also been baffled as to why / how they’re driving up the side of buildings. I’ve saw trees flying about a map as well. 

I actually do like the game although I liked BFV as well so clearly I have no taste. :lol:

Yeah I will play it and most definitely get my money's worth but where I used to look forward to playing battlefield V every chance I got I suspect it will be I'll look forward to playing this to hang out with mates for the next 6 months. I'd be less likely to play this on my own I think. 

25 minutes ago, vezna said:

Having read through the BF sub reddit it appears that the PC version is a disaster. Even people with the highest of high end rigs are getting poor frame rates. I’m happier now that I know everyone is also screwed and I can’t blame my set up on the many problems. 

As for hovercrafts I’ve also been baffled as to why / how they’re driving up the side of buildings. I’ve saw trees flying about a map as well. 

I actually do like the game although I liked BFV as well so clearly I have no taste. :lol:

Ha ha. I love it when people with massively expensive PC rigs get screwed over.

Half the time they cry because they can’t lock 90fps and simply nothing else will do.

I had a fancy pc back in the day but as long as it ran above 25fps I was fine. I remember  using a Sony trinitron 14” colour tv to play wolfestein and Medal of Honor online. Good times.

Some people are spoiled.

I don’t quite feel all the love for Portal if I’m honest.

I’ve been playing these games since the first one all those year ago. Even modded it with hot air balloons and hovercraft.

AEA8E91E-59FD-4CC4-9134-322ED0BF2A61.thumb.jpeg.b32cbf751bd868bf7c5ba605c8f098cd.jpeg7965860B-70CC-4973-9A80-ED5C99D98958.thumb.jpeg.86bf7b74458a4abc3445dbfd20eb695b.jpegF56A18FA-8BB4-428E-8EE9-448099D3D9EB.thumb.jpeg.a0196aabf026336f68703ce2326daa87.jpeg

…but when I play these older games in Portal I’m just kinda reminded that things are generally better now. The weapons feel much better, the maps are more detailed and interesting, the sound is even more atmospheric. I would have been happier with just a reskin but to be honest the map design of the early games maybe wasn’t the important thing all those years ago, it was just about the amount of people and the mayhem with the vehicles.

Finally played a couple games and for the first time ever, I may ask for a refund on a BF game. 

Performance wasn't great and it just felt awful, shots not registering, stutters and numerous other things. 

I used to play BF with a whole bunch of really great teammates and we have all drifted away so playing it on my own with no voice chat just defeats the purpose. I know it's a BF launch and things will eventually get sorted but even the 3 maps I played felt shit. 

I then jumped onto Halo Infinite and had a couple of games and had a ton of fun. I usually only play BF as my multiplayer shooter as I don't want to invest my time in a few different ones and it looks like Halo might be the better choice. Especially as I can jump on that and not feel the stress that I do when playing a BF game essentially on my own. 

Yeah I’ve stayed out of this thread with my rambling essays because I didn’t want to be a Debbie Downer for those who seem to be enjoying it, but I’m just not feeling it at all either and there are huge issues in lots of areas. Will check it out when it hits Game Pass and has had its first pass of patches, but my feelings from the beta that there are fundamental problems baked into its design that have diluted the Battlefield experience and that no amount of patching can fix haven’t abated after 10 hours with the trial. If anything they’ve only strengthened.

It’s not the new take on a modern Battlefield setting that I was looking for, you can feel the grubby mitts of EA execs’ slavering over Warzone MTX profits permeating every aspect of it and it all feels weirdly bland and soulless. At times it felt like I was playing some sort of cheap facsimile of a Battlefield game struggling for an identity and made by people who don’t really understand what makes Battlefield truly great. A huge disappointment, but then I was warned that this may well be the kind of game that the DICE of today would produce, so I’m not that surprised.

Fill yer boots if you’re having fun with it, I can only envy those who are. Based on initial impressions Halo is the far more polished and enjoyable experience and I can’t say I feel like I’ll be missing out by skipping this for the foreseeable.

We've all pulled away from it too. Couple of the group have requested refunds. It's such a shitshow. BF games always start broken but this one is taking the piss. 

The closest we've been able to have a laugh is setting up a portal server with as close to hardcore rules as we can get. The problem is you can't change teams, so if you want to play on the same team, or you want to play against each other, you have to keep quitting and joining the server until it randomly assigns you where you want. 

Oh and teamkilling counts as killing enemies. Shoot a team mate in the head? Pops up as an enemy kill. I tested it by laying waste to my friendly bots. End of the match I got the award for the most kills...

Is the soundmix a bit off? Sometimes it seems that certain sound more or less disappears. I had a tank roll up on me the other day, shooting me in the back from like 5 M without me hearing anything. One would think you would hear a tank sneaking up on you. 😆

But using DMRs have really improved the enjoyability of the game. I just can't seem to compete with snipers in general and the pin point accuracy and recoil control of mouse and keyboard when using assault rifles.

58 minutes ago, koefoed said:

when using assault rifles.

That's because the automatic weapons (especially the assault rifles) are fucked. They have bullet bloom. So your aim could be perfect, but the bullets fire out in random directions so most will miss anyway.

24 minutes ago, T Pot said:

That's because the automatic weapons (especially the assault rifles) are fucked. They have bullet bloom. So your aim could be perfect, but the bullets fire out in random directions so most will miss anyway.

Does the same apply for the SMG? I see a lot of people using the PP29 and they seem to be able to laser me at incredible distances.

7 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Most fucked launch ever?

Nah, I remember Battlefield 4 being more or less unplayable for the first 6 months or so. Not the worst I would say, just a normal launch of a DICE game, i.e. horrible but expected. 🙄

30 minutes ago, koefoed said:

Does the same apply for the SMG? I see a lot of people using the PP29 and they seem to be able to laser me at incredible distances.

Nah, I remember Battlefield 4 being more or less unplayable for the first 6 months or so. Not the worst I would say, just a normal launch of a DICE game, i.e. horrible but expected. 🙄

From what I've seen the SMGs are the least broken out of the auto guns. 

BF4 was utterly broken at launch, but at least it had basic features. You can't change squads / teams. If there's more than 4 of you, you can't stay together in AOW, chat is limited, plus so many other issues. 

There's a good game in here somewhere, but I just don't think it will surface any time soon. I think this will be an autumn 2022 BF gets good situation. 

11 minutes ago, T Pot said:

From what I've seen the SMGs are the least broken out of the auto guns. 

BF4 was utterly broken at launch, but at least it had basic features. You can't change squads / teams. If there's more than 4 of you, you can't stay together in AOW, chat is limited, plus so many other issues. 

There's a good game in here somewhere, but I just don't think it will surface any time soon. I think this will be an autumn 2022 BF gets good situation. 

Agree, 2042 seems more unfinished, BF4 was more broken.

There are so many unfinished stuff in 2042, for example why can't I spawn on vehicles when the round starts. I only play as infantry so I don't want to take up a driving position from someone who knows what they are doing but I would like to be able to get a ride at the start of a round. Spending the first 2-5 minutes just running is not super engaging gameplay.

2 hours ago, koefoed said:

Is the soundmix a bit off? Sometimes it seems that certain sound more or less disappears. I had a tank roll up on me the other day, shooting me in the back from like 5 M without me hearing anything. One would think you would hear a tank sneaking up on you. 😆

But using DMRs have really improved the enjoyability of the game. I just can't seem to compete with snipers in general and the pin point accuracy and recoil control of mouse and keyboard when using assault rifles.

I have been raging about that in my games. No footsteps from Poe-le who kill me. I was in a mobile shed thing on the snow map and closed the door behind me and a couple of minutes later bang….didn’t hear a thing, no footsteps, no door opening.

I have since set it back to my all time favourite since before it was recognised as a classic …”war tapes” which is a bit better.

3 minutes ago, koefoed said:

Agree, 2042 seems more unfinished, BF4 was more broken.

There are so many unfinished stuff in 2042, for example why can't I spawn on vehicles when the round starts. I only play as infantry so I don't want to take up a driving position from someone who knows what they are doing but I would like to be able to get a ride at the start of a round. Spending the first 2-5 minutes just running is not super engaging gameplay.

Call in a drop if there’s one available or hitch a ride by looking behind you.

I started using a PP. it’s pretty nice, the haptics in the PS5 controller really are ace.

Managed to get the squad placed 1st in one game 

1 hour ago, Ry said:

I have the cross gen version. 

I'm tempted to try the Xbox One version to see if I have more fun. Because these big maps are fucking shite. 

That's what we did. Suddenly we're not getting one shot plugged every 30 seconds by PC snipers a mile away and close range fights are a bit more balanced.

But it's still completely fucked. 

13 minutes ago, Simmy said:

Few folk here not really remembering how bad Battlefield 4 was for a long time after launch.

The entire game crashed pretty much every round - for weeks, if not a month or two. It was a DISASTER - at least on PS4. 

I remember it deleting your single player save games. Happened to me 3-4 times which is why I think it’s the worst for campaign I’ve ever played.

I find it delicious that EA's greedy money grubbing ways have probably fucked them over with this. At the moment the only people playing this (apart from GamePass Ultimate trial folks) are people who ponied up for the nearly £100 expensive special edition because EA thought they could make more money by exploiting FOMO. Now gaming sites are full of articles eviscerating the game and Twitter is loaded with videos of how janky it is. There were probably plenty of people who wouldn't buy a silly money special edition but might have picked the normal one up day one. Now they'll have had plenty of time to be put off and go to a game that's getting better coverage. Resetera has loads of people on there reporting they're cancelling their orders lol.

21 minutes ago, Simmy said:

Few folk here not really remembering how bad Battlefield 4 was for a long time after launch.

The entire game crashed pretty much every round - for weeks, if not a month or two. It was a DISASTER - at least on PS4. 

I remember how awful it was, that's the only reason I haven't refunded 2042. I hope that with a bunch of patches in the next 6 months it will be something fun. We shall see.

I have crossplay off and I'm still getting dropped in nanoseconds even though I get the drop on people.

Does anyone fancy teaming up (I'm on Xbox SX) I need to decide in the next day or so if I'm going to ask for a refund. I think if I'm with some actual adults who know how to revive me then I might get some enjoyment.