Times when Statue of Liberty has been destroyed in fiction?

drmick

Just a thought I had, following a leak I read today about

Spoiler

a film set in New York which appears to have scenes set on Liberty Island (and unclench).

Can you name stories (movies, TV shows, books, games etc) where the Statue of Liberty has been destroyed?

I'm currently watching The Man in the High Castle and it gets destroyed in a fashion that I doubt you will see anywhere else. 

Damn Nazis. 

6 minutes ago, drmick said:

Just a thought I had, following a leak I read today about Spider-man No Way Home.

Can you name stories (movies, TV shows, books, games etc) where the Statue of Liberty has been destroyed?

cloverfield

day after tomorrow

deep impact

Uh...

I think the two most obvious ones are Planet of the Apes (I don't think it's clear if it's destroyed or just buried but it's not in a good way) and on the poster for Escape from New York. 

12 minutes ago, Waggo said:

The first X-Men film.

Wolverine slices off the tip of one of the crown's points, and Magneto traps the X-Men by bending some girders inside the head. Does that count as the statue getting destroyed?

11 hours ago, drmick said:

Just a thought I had, following a leak I read today about

Spoiler

Spider-man No Way Home

why wouldn't you put this in a spoiler tag? :seanr:

14 minutes ago, PeteBrant said:

Nothing’s gonna top planet of the apes 

so good they put it on the cover of the box set.

worst spoiler ever

well, after Robocop on the poster

8 hours ago, PeteBrant said:

Nothing’s gonna top planet of the apes 

Contrary to what Charlie Heston says, it is very clearly not blown up. In fact it seems to have survived more intact than anything else from the previous human world.

46 minutes ago, Alex W. said:

Contrary to what Charlie Heston says, it is very clearly not blown up. In fact it seems to have survived more intact than anything else from the previous human world.

I always thought he was referring to the planet (of the apes) rather than the statue itself.

On 16/04/2021 at 21:54, SeanR said:

INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!

I thought the statue was one of the few they didn’t get.  Empire State Building & White House deffo, but I don’t remember seeing Liberty in bits.

2 minutes ago, Ivanho said:

I thought the statue was one of the few they didn’t get.  Empire State Building & White House deffo, but I don’t remember seeing Liberty in bits.

image.png.b33a01445e1f37d8658b9e4872337fe6.png

"I'm never drinking again!"