Ps5 4k60 getting back into it

Just downloaded and bought all 3 expansions, looking to catch up and had a few noob questions:

1. it downloaded another 60gb or so after adding expansions. Is this normal, I expected it to be part of main game just unlocked.

2. Does the new content just appear in the director?

3. Can you play it in any order or is it locked until you hit a level. 

4. Can you play with randoms for a fire team now?

5. I’ve not played for a couple of years , any tips much appreciated!

Fucking hell this is doing my nut in, it’s been a while since I played this!

i love the combat in destiny and the upgrading is superb.

but I’ve played for maybe 4 hrs tonight and it’s been a bit frustrating. Definitely getting the hang of it now but I can’t work out how to track quests while playing ie make the waypoints appear. I know you press the touchpad....I know that you can track up to 3 quests. So I track 3 bounties (I need to do 5 for some guy in total to progress the main story). But nothing is showing on my map apart from things like starting a patrol.

help!!!!! How do I track bounties ? I want to just go kill the dudes and get on with the story but I have no idea how to find them.

Also be aware of a strange quirk of the PS4/5 versions

i first installed the ps5 version, had a blast, then bought all 3 expansions. This triggered a download of the PS4 version as far as I can tell.

so I’m pretty sure I’ve got both installed and was actually playing the PS4 version for lost of yesterday.....

there is no fov slider on PS4 version.

can’t wait to delete it and play the proper one :)

17 hours ago, sid said:

Fucking hell this is doing my nut in, it’s been a while since I played this!

i love the combat in destiny and the upgrading is superb.

but I’ve played for maybe 4 hrs tonight and it’s been a bit frustrating. Definitely getting the hang of it now but I can’t work out how to track quests while playing ie make the waypoints appear. I know you press the touchpad....I know that you can track up to 3 quests. So I track 3 bounties (I need to do 5 for some guy in total to progress the main story). But nothing is showing on my map apart from things like starting a patrol.

help!!!!! How do I track bounties ? I want to just go kill the dudes and get on with the story but I have no idea how to find them.

Tracked bounties won't show on the map as most of them can be completed in lots of places. Only main quests are shown on the map.

Also, you probably want to post questions in the main Destiny 2 thread as not many people come in here. 

I found this vid really great for noobs like me !

Can already see this sucking my life away , absolutely amazing and so much content there for anyone who has missed it for a few years.