Xbox Series X | S

djbhammer

28 minutes ago, sofasurfer said:

Just checked my X and no night mode. I've got automatic updates switched on and it checked this morning but it's not under the TV and Video settings.

It's under "personalisation".

57 minutes ago, sofasurfer said:

Just checked my X and no night mode. I've got automatic updates switched on and it checked this morning but it's not under the TV and Video settings.

I've got auto updates on too but still had to manually update my series X this morning to get the update. 

Hey folks, wondering if anyone can help me here.

I have spent a not so small fortune on a C1 OLED and sonos surround setup and it feels an absolute waste, sound wise, to be sticking on my Arctis 7X's (I like them don't get me wrong) whenever I want to talk to a mate or play in a party.

Is there a reasonable way that I can hear the party, talk to them and not have them hear echos or it be an absolute disaster?

Any tips really much appreciated. Thanks a lot!

31 minutes ago, Simmy said:

I have spent a not so small fortune on a C1 OLED and sonos surround setup and it feels an absolute waste, sound wise, to be sticking on my Arctis 7X's (I like them don't get me wrong) whenever I want to talk to a mate or play in a party.

Is there a reasonable way that I can hear the party, talk to them and not have them hear echos or it be an absolute disaster?

Probably getting the official wireless headset tbh. 

On 21/10/2021 at 09:52, Popo said:

I suppose you have to go to IKEA to buy the IKEA batteries, so that makes it an easy choice as far as I'm concerned. 

On 21/10/2021 at 10:00, ucci said:

IKEA is like capitalism, desparation and a queue for the new Iphone in 2008 in one kooky package. 

Yeah you might be above it all, but that only means more IKEA hot dogs for the rest of us.

52 minutes ago, cassidy said:

Probably getting the official wireless headset tbh. 

But isn't that over ear? I then can't hear anything from the actual soundsystem unless I am mistaken and you mean something else?

1 minute ago, Simmy said:

But isn't that over ear? I then can't hear anything from the actual soundsystem unless I am mistaken and you mean something else?

But it does Dolby Atmos so you are experiencing the exact same sound quality I believe. 

I can't comment from experience cos I have an Atmos amp and don't bother with multiplayer. 

4 minutes ago, cassidy said:

But it does Dolby Atmos so you are experiencing the exact same sound quality I believe. 

I can't comment from experience cos I have an Atmos amp and don't bother with multiplayer. 

Yeah sorry I know this is incredibly picky :( I just want the real, surround sound and somehow to also hear my mates without wearing headphones. Tricky I know...

1 minute ago, Simmy said:

Yeah sorry I know this is incredibly picky :( I just want the real, surround sound and somehow to also hear my mates without wearing headphones. Tricky I know...

Then I'm shit out of answers sorry Simmy. 

No need to apologise though. 

12 hours ago, Simmy said:

if you have decent earphones that only pick up you talking as audio, you can do what i do and join your party from your laptop. just press windows key + g and then you can join or create a party like you would on xbox. just check your speakers aren't too loud cos then your mic will pick it up regardless.

9 hours ago, Popo said:

Who goes to IKEA for the hotdogs?!

👋 I live right beside IKEA so sometimes go with the kids for a lazy midweek dinner. Watch the planes land at the airport, scoff a plate of meatballs and a few packets of tealights on the way out. When you live so close, it’s just becomes a shop and not a big stressful visit.

7 minutes ago, fattakin said:

scoff a plate of meatballs

Sorry folks, I wasn’t denigrating the food at IKEA, I was wondering out loud why you’d go and not eat the meatballs!

Fattakin - shantay you stay. Multi - sashay away. 

Fired up Alice Madness Returns and struggled deleting the existing save because this particular game has no "new game" option. I googled around and tried every step in deleting both local and cloud based saves, but the Alice save kept popping back up. Maybe I was being stupid, but in case anyone else encounters this extremely specific problem: you have to start the game first, then press back and start together to bring up the old blades menu, and IN THERE you have to go to manage storage and delete the save. After that you can delete any local saves through the Xbox Series X settings menu proper. 

This took me awhile to find out!

Also, I had an IKEA hotdog yesterday and they're okay-ish. My 4yo boy loves them though.

13 hours ago, Simmy said:

You could try bone conduction headphones. You'll need wired ones which are harder to find, and I don't know about specific models compatibility.

If you've not seen them they sit outside your ear and you hear through literal bone conduction. I have some wireless ones which are very good - you can still hear external sounds and hear music. Great for being out and about.

If you do get some cheap ones the only issue is the may not be massively loud, but then you can't expect to have surround very loud AND hear your mates. You'll have to choose!

EDIT

These MIGHT work. I don't know. Best brand out there and these wired ones are hard to find now.

https://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=157522

EDIT - Oops sold out! 

Anyway there are very cheap ones around, may be worth a punt.

23 hours ago, cassidy said:

Jollibee hotdogs are good mind and only £2.50 

We're not talking gourmet shit, but they're ace for the money. We used to go to Ikea just to buy Daim cake as once upon a time you couldn't get it anywhere but there.