rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
davejm

Assetto Corsa Competizione | Online Championship Structure | Voting Thread #2

Assetto Corsa Competizione | Online Championship Structure | Voting round 2  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey guys.  I’ve added a new voting thread to try to refine the format of the championship. 

NOTE:  I’ve ticked the option to make voter names public; so that I can be sure the voting is coming from people that are involved (especially important for the start time poll).

What is the earliest time you can be on the server and ready to race?

To maximise the time we have available could you indicate the earliest time you can be on the server and ready.  Based on the result of other voting (if qualification is skipped) this may mean a race start at this time.

NOTE:  This isn’t a majority.  No-one will be excluded.  The start of our time window will be based on the latest time tagged; i.e. the earliest possible race time.

Endurance Races

I’ve included options for stating whether we should skip qualification in favour of extending the race length, and then how we form the grid if qualification does get skipped.

Sprint Races

I haven’t heard anyone say they didn’t like the format.  The only interesting proposal was having the grid for the second race a reverse of the championship standings; so I’ve included an option to vote for that variation.

We previously voted for a mandatory pit stop.  Should we refine this?

I’ve included only two options here; the current method and the newly proposed one.  I don’t think there’s any need to list other options as we’ve already voted in favour of the mandatory pitstop and there’s risk of debating this to death.  Plus we don’t have enough people to be presenting a whole series of options; they’d just get diluted down.  

• Upvote 1

4. I voted to reverse the grid but only in terms of the championship really, I don’t think it would work very well based on practice times e.g. some doing race pace practice primarily, no time etc.

5. I primarily voted based on championship as it can be setup in advance so easier to admin..

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, scoobysi said:

4. I voted to reverse the grid but only in terms of the championship really, I don’t think it would work very well based on practice times e.g. some doing race pace practice primarily, no time etc.

5. I primarily voted based on championship as it can be setup in advance so easier to admin..

4.  No worries.  We can always take that into account if the votes fall down that way; i.e. if people vote for practice session timings we can disregard your vote for reversing it if you want.

5.  I've got an idea about how I can better manage this.  The results of a race get output to a file (including finish positions) so I might knock up an app that takes this file and updates the next entry list file based on this - at the click of a button.  So there would be no room for error and will get done quicker.

• Upvote 2

If we end up going for ‘Mandatory pit stop, for a change of fuel AND/OR tyres’, is there a minimum pitstop time (30 secs) or is it just as long as it takes to fuel for instance?

6 minutes ago, scoobysi said:

If we end up going for ‘Mandatory pit stop, for a change of fuel AND/OR tyres’, is there a minimum pitstop time (30 secs) or is it just as long as it takes to fuel for instance?

You can set a 'fixed refuelling time' on the server, but by default it's set to work out the time of the stop based on the amount of fuel added.  So you'd be able to do a 'splash and dash' pit stop if you wanted ;)  

9 hours ago, davejm said:

You can set a 'fixed refuelling time' on the server, but by default it's set to work out the time of the stop based on the amount of fuel added.  So you'd be able to do a 'splash and dash' pit stop if you wanted ;)  

Sounds good.

@davejm My votes were, I think:

1. 8pm

2. Opt 3

3. I believe I went for Opt 2, but with hindsight I prefer Opt 1, gives everyone plenty of time to get a decent lap in.

4. I can't remember what I voted! Option 1?

5. Deffo Opt 1 here.

6. And I definitely voted Opt 2 here.

1 hour ago, Valver said:

Saw this posted on reddit today - a website to track racers, host the race calendar and keep results etc

https://simracingadmin.com/

guide here:  https://simracingadmin.com/guide

Cant vouch for it - just thought it might help

Cool, I'll check it out.  I've taken a look at a couple, but aside from simracing.gp (which is in beta) they've not been much cop.