(PS5) Ratchet & Clank - Rift Apart

gospvg

Well, I didn't really know what you meant, (and still don't really) because you seem to have infested it with a bunch of fanboy rhetoric from like 1998. No-one complained that Sackboy or Astro were too kiddy.

And that's a *good thing* - that's my point. We're moving past all the 'that looks like it's for kids' stuff and starting to genuinely appreciate good games without them having to feel like they need to look 'mature'. For a while it felt like everyone was heading down the 'mature brown' route - so it's *awesome* that something like this has come along and it just embraced it's roots so successfully.

I feel like the disdain for bright cartoony games as kiddy was mostly around the GameCube era and the 'everything must be various shades of brown' period was mostly confined to the 360/PS3 era. I don't think either of those things have been an issue for about a decade now.

1 hour ago, Ry said:

No worries. 

I will 100% be selling it as soon as I'm done btw.  £55 delivered. 

This got me thinking of an idea... how about a group of PS5 owners get together chip into a pot buy a bunch of games and then share them among ourselves. We can even elect to sell games once done and put the monies back into the virtual pot? Hmmmmm... I know the game library isn't huge yet but as time goes on it will be. Save some money and share the exclusives love? :) 

Personally don't have to play the latest day and date of release. 

Actually I guess this is kind of how LoveFilm worked... :)

25 minutes ago, MattyP said:

This got me thinking of an idea... how about a group of PS5 owners get together chip into a pot buy a bunch of games and then share them among ourselves. We can even elect to sell games once done and put the monies back into the virtual pot? Hmmmmm... I know the game library isn't huge yet but as time goes on it will be. Save some money and share the exclusives love? :) 

Personally don't have to play the latest day and date of release. 

Actually I guess this is kind of how LoveFilm worked... :)

I would be up for this. :)

1 hour ago, Ry said:

I would be up for this. :)

Cool I'll have a ponder on how such a thing would work... probably stick a few shared google sheets etc. Then I guess we can just self administrate etc... Maybe have a loan time of a month to start with? Like I say I'll have a ponder. Meantime anyone interested please PM me! 

I'll start a topic off at some point as I get things together.

8 hours ago, rgraves said:

And that's a *good thing* - that's my point. We're moving past all the 'that looks like it's for kids' stuff and starting to genuinely appreciate good games without them having to feel like they need to look 'mature'. For a while it felt like everyone was heading down the 'mature brown' route - so it's *awesome* that something like this has come along and it just embraced it's roots so successfully.

Dunno man I like loads of "kiddy" games including Ratchet and Clank and still really don't get on with most Nintendo games. Irritating characters galore.

I’m happy the reviews are good for this. The meta critic is only a couple of point more than the last game which is why I think I won’t like it.

It’s a bit of a shame, I’d love to see the ps5 stretch it’s legs

1 hour ago, Harrisown said:

I’d love to see the ps5 stretch it’s legs

What are you basing this on, the metacritic score, have you read the DF article for example?

46 minutes ago, scoobysi said:

What are you basing this on, the metacritic score, have you read the DF article for example?

Well when was the last PS5 game of any note….Demon’s Souls?

29 minutes ago, Harrisown said:

Well when was the last PS5 game of any note….Demon’s Souls?

Think I misunderstood your post, I thought you meant R&C wasn’t stretching it. 

45 minutes ago, scoobysi said:

Think I misunderstood your post, I thought you meant R&C wasn’t stretching it. 

Well it certainly is doing that. I watched the digital foundry video( as much as that might annoy you) and it’s astonishing the level of detail we get in games now. Random tiny insects are now full textured and ray traced and all that stuff. Nuts.

Looking forward to this tomorrow, £48 here in Sweden at one of the major electronics retailer.

As always a physical copy is the only way to go. The need of a disc is annoying but without it there is no collection. :D

7 hours ago, Gorf King said:

The fucking state of (3/5 of) this. Cringeworthy tendentious boak.

Thanks for joining in, it's so nice that this place is home and welcoming to perfectly polite debate - and that we're OK with people expressing different viewpoints without just resorting to insults and name calling etc - so, you know, 'mature' - we're really growing up. Makes ya proud.

It's games, we're playing games, lighten up and enjoy 'em - make love not war King man.

I played the last one on PS4, bought it at release and played it on and off, other games would take precedent and it got shifted further back in the play queue. It wasn't a bad game but it wasn't very compelling where I felt like I had to play it and finish it, I always felt like it was missing something and I can't quite put my finger on what, visually stunning but perhaps it was the gameplay? I don't know but whatever it was it's enough for me to sit this one out for now.
Hope everyone enjoys it though, new game time is always exciting and maybe I'll get to see what the fuss is about in a year or so when the price is a bit more reasonable for my wallet  :lol:🤞

I got the PS4 version free recently and I think I’m on my 3rd play through, I’ve really enjoyed it and each time the weapons become more powerful so it becomes a bit of a speed run.

I definitely want Rift but my concern is how similar it might be in gameplay, so I might wait a bit although if everyone starts raving about it I’ll probably cave.

Simply Games delivered early too.

Just installed and updated after work. Played the first level with a massive grin on my face anytime I wasn’t staring slack jawed at the visuals. (Playing in 60 RT mode)

With this and Returnal my first week of PS5 ownership has been glorious.