Jump to content

Resident Evil 8 (village?)


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Hanzo the Razor said:

Has anyone got the New Zealand account time zone trick to work on PS5? I created an NZ account on PS4 for the RE3:Remake demo which let me play it 12 hours early. I can't get it to work on PS5 though. There are UK streamers playing it online so I'm stumped.

Disc version?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bojangle said:


Based on that video above the loading is a lot faster too. 

 

There's one loading screen when you load a save for the entire game. 1 second on Ps5 vs 5 on xbox. 

 

If I was to recommend a version it would be the xbox. Performance is king. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh and it seems the NX trick isn't working on xbox. Has worked any other time for me. Weird. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ry said:

 

There's one loading screen when you load a save for the entire game. 1 second on Ps5 vs 5 on xbox. 

 

If I was to recommend a version it would be the xbox. Performance is king. 


Digital foundry video had it at 8 seconds m8.

 

If you’re playing a lot of mercenaries you’ll be in and out a lot. Adds up! ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kevvy Metal said:

A gripe. 

So this generation I have both consoles - much like in the PS360-era - and I basically want to know which version is best, or at least best for me.

 

But DF no longer do the simple articles that would give you the information you needed quickly, instead a spoiler-filled tech deep-dive that I bet most people do not want to watch yet is made (with what looks like a lot of effort) that's 23 minutes like have you have to sit through 2/3rds of it to get to the information that is best used as a buying guide. 

It's sooo fucking annoying, and they've been called out on it before as it seems that John Linneman has no interest in doing these type of "buying guide" videos even though that's part of the job. 

Taken from elsewhere.

Quote

- Near field scene variety can rear its ugly low quality head when you're pressing right up against some surfaces.
- Most assets hold up very well.
- Volumetric and lighting is praised both indoor and outdoor.
- There is little interactivity with the greater environment outside of some marked breakable objects.
- The game includes a model viewer like the past few games which let you get up close with character details.

- RT support's cost seems 'reasonable'.
- RT includes reflections but resolution is on the low side, approx 1/8th resolution.
- RT occlusion shadows and lighting are praised as benefits.
- RT also improves interiors with local bounce lighting.
- The solution is cheap, but it is a nice touch with numerous benefits.

- Non RT mode targets 2160p using an excellent CB rendering solution.
- In Non RT mode. Both PS5 and SX consoles deliver 99.9% locked 60 FPS experience. DF did not encounter a single frame rate drop in their testing.
- Series S offers 1440p using the same reconstruction with great IQ and performance.
- Prone to some drops with some dips in the mid 50s.

- RT mode on SX and PS5 retains the same visual quality.
- Both consoles do a good job retaining 60 FPS in most areas. However some sequences can push both consoles hard to the high 40's or low 50's.
- Series X generally has a couple of frames advantage in stress areas. 7 to 10%.
- With a VRR display, these drops are negligible to the human eye.

- Series S with RT takes a huge tumble in performance, prone to drops even below 30 FPS.

- Xbox SX|SS have an approx 8 second load when loading a save, PS5 has 1.5~ second load in same scenarios.

- DF comments on the controller feature usage on both the DS and Xbox Pad. Rumble triggers etc are used.
- 3D audio is supported as well.
- DF also covers some basic HDR support tweaking.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The loading difference does seem quite large compared to what we've seen in other games but quick resume means it's a moot point. There's no loading screens in the game itself so it's literally a one time thing at the beginning. The slightly higher average framerate in RT mode and VRR support on Xbox seems more significant.

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Bojangle said:


Digital foundry video had it at 8 seconds m8.

 

If you’re playing a lot of mercenaries you’ll be in and out a lot. Adds up! ;)


His Xbox is lubed with piss which makes it go faster. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sarlaccfood said:

079F82A4-4D28-44BB-B3E6-AB6409E890B3.jpeg.519f20b4fd97a0b7a5df293b4fcff0e6.jpeg

 

Shocked to pick the version with better performance? 

 

Hmmm... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just trying the village demo on Xbox and it looks incredible. However, I'm getting a very obvious dead zone on the right stick for look which also has some serious look acceleration. It's really off-putting and tinkering with the sensitivity isn't really doing much. Just me? 

 

I played the original PS5 demo and don't remember it being like that on there. 

 

Edit - seems you can turn the acceleration off but the right stick still seems really heavy to control. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Never played 7 and remember 6 being a massive action mis step. 

My copy arrived early and had a quick blast. 
jesus don’t know if this is for me like,  it’s so grim and with graphics being as they are these days it’s the kind of immersion that is all a bit much.

Kind of miss the campness and awful acting of the early games. Rather than the hyper realism of these new ones with crackpots chasing you round. 

Don’t think it helped I couldn’t see hardly anything with some glare on the tv until some nut case appeared biting my fingers off, nearly threw the pad through the ceiling. 
 



 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Dave White said:

Never played 7 and remember 6 being a massive action mis step. 

My copy arrived early and had a quick blast. 
jesus don’t know if this is for me like,  it’s so grim and with graphics being as they are these days it’s the kind of immersion that is all a bit much.

Kind of miss the campness and awful acting of the early games. Rather than the hyper realism of these new ones with crackpots chasing you round. 

Don’t think it helped I couldn’t see hardly anything with some glare on the tv until some nut case appeared biting my fingers off, nearly threw the pad through the ceiling. 
 



 

 


Just wait, you’ll find plenty of fucking appalling voice acting sooner or later.

 

7 felt tremendously ‘nope’, whilst this feels very much like a ‘Carry on Resi’ compared to that. The story is pretty hopeless too, so very much in the vein of all the other ones though ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, JoeK said:


Just wait, you’ll find plenty of fucking appalling voice acting sooner or later.

 

7 felt tremendously ‘nope’, whilst this feels very much like a ‘Carry on Resi’ compared to that. The story is pretty hopeless too, so very much in the vein of all the other ones though ;)

Gotcha. 
I’ll stick with it, crackpots and all. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't really enjoy the opening. It was a lot of things I didn't like about the demo. Far too hectic and too many enemies. The shooting just isn't satisfying and ammo so far is plentiful so there's no tension. Liking it more now that things have calmed down

 

Spoiler

Unless I missed something you just had to run around the village for a set amount of time until it ended? It was clearly a recreation of the start of 4, but it fell flat for me.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

To be honest, the overall voicework is...odd. Unless it’s somehow explained later on, I have an absolute failure to understand why everyone’s speaking in various american accents and it all but destroys the atmosphere for me. 
 

A game set in Europe should be enjoying the campest ‘I vant your blud’ accents.

 

It’s absolutely bizarre.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Played the first hour. The sound design and 3d audio in this is incredible. 

 

That opening 10 minute segment... 

Spoiler

In the woods and house and you can't see a thing was scary as hell. 

 

Already know I'm going to love this. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Lady D and her daughters are wonderfully, wonderfully well done. I can see why Capcom wanted to make ‘em the main leads in the promotional lead up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, pledge said:

Didn't really enjoy the opening. It was a lot of things I didn't like about the demo. Far too hectic and too many enemies. The shooting just isn't satisfying and ammo so far is plentiful so there's no tension. Liking it more now that things have calmed down

 

  Hide contents

Unless I missed something you just had to run around the village for a set amount of time until it ended? It was clearly a recreation of the start of 4, but it fell flat for me.

 

Yeah, I've done that bit a couple of times now and

Spoiler

still don't know exactly what causes it to end. You obviously have to trigger the big guy, which always seems to happen for me when I'm in the house with the ladder that goes to the roof. But other than that, no idea. Anyway, it fell flat for me as well. More confusing than tense.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Any idea what the game length for this is? In the digital foundry review theres a bit talking about the game saves and one of them was a completed playthrough with a time of just under 3 hours, is that accurate?

Link to post
Share on other sites

As with most of these games, you might get to that eventually after multiple play throughs, but it's not going to happen first time.

 

My first run took

Spoiler

11 hours.

I did quite a bit of the optional stuff, but not all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Dave White said:

Never played 7 and remember 6 being a massive action mis step. 

My copy arrived early and had a quick blast. 
jesus don’t know if this is for me like,  it’s so grim and with graphics being as they are these days it’s the kind of immersion that is all a bit much.

Kind of miss the campness and awful acting of the early games. Rather than the hyper realism of these new ones with crackpots chasing you round. 

Don’t think it helped I couldn’t see hardly anything with some glare on the tv until some nut case appeared biting my fingers off, nearly threw the pad through the ceiling. 
 



 

 

:lol: I remember playing through Silent Hill 2 with you and I’m sure you got up and turned the console off at one point, or I did :wacko:

 

I have a fascination with horror games, like the scab I can’t help picking at. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Played a few hours of this last night and, like others it seems, the opening hour or so left me a bit underwhelmed, which is odd as this is basically a blend of my two favourite previous Resi games. It improved a lot for me once I got inside into what feels like the game's first 'main' new location. Anyhow, am looking forward to playing a bit more tonight as it did feel like it was beginning to really hit its stride when I turned it off and went to bed.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, KartoffelKopf said:

Just trying the village demo on Xbox and it looks incredible. However, I'm getting a very obvious dead zone on the right stick for look which also has some serious look acceleration. It's really off-putting and tinkering with the sensitivity isn't really doing much. Just me? 

 

I played the original PS5 demo and don't remember it being like that on there. 

 

Edit - seems you can turn the acceleration off but the right stick still seems really heavy to control. 

 

This was exactly the info I was looking for. So strange that this is the case. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.