Resident Evil 8 (village?)

never played 7 as it looked utterly horrible, not that this looks nicer like, but something about the big lady is intriguing. Wonder if there's any link to Dimitri from Darkstalkers/ Vampire Saviour both vampires like? Or just a little name check nod.

Think I'm going in cold no demo style...

You can get the Xbox version of this for £42 if you order through The Game Collection outlet on eBay and apply the 20% off code. Easily the cheapest I've seen it anywhere.

8 hours ago, Triple A said:

PC version players!

Turns out that that quality slider is re sub/supersampling.

I had it set to 2, which is why I had the framerate issues when running in "4K" (in reality more like 8K).

Ok so I tried the demo again with the quality number set to 1.

Ran great!  Solid 4K 120fps with all bells and whistles on.

Was able to clear both demo sections another time, so twice each in the end, within the hour lol.

Roll on Friday!

Picked it up for bugger all using reward points (which in turn gave me 6000 points back) . Really excited about playing it but probably won't sit down to start it until next week

Guardian review is live:

Resident Evil 7 reminded us why we loved this series in the first place, and now Village has taken tentative steps towards embracing the changes in pace and direction that Resident Evil 4 introduced. It does so with guile and relish, and without ever losing sight of the uncanny dread and pulsating body horror that made Resident Evil 1 and 2 so wonderful.

84 Metacritic at the moment, pretty good. That's a bit below 7 but better than 3 which I think is about what I expected based on the demo.

24 minutes ago, Popo said:

PS5 or XSX?

Series X of course. Got it for free with reward points. :)

Plus the framerate is more stable on xbox according to Digital foundry. 

4 minutes ago, Ry said:

Plus the framerate is more stable on xbox according to Digital foundry. 

Yes, this is what I was getting at actually, sorry.  I was generally asking the thread as a whole, not trying to trap you into yet again laying into the PS5... but you just couldn't help yourself, could you? ;)

To the DF-mobile!

I am curious to know if the Dualsense gives any kind of edge to the PS5 version, though.

1 hour ago, Ry said:

Picked it up for bugger all using reward points (which in turn gave me 6000 points back) . Really excited about playing it but probably won't sit down to start it until next week

How much does it work out at doing it that way?

49 minutes ago, Keyboard Koala said:

Quite a few reviews saying an otherwise excellent experience is a bit marred by

Reveal hidden contents

the silly over-the-top finale.

That doesn't sound like anything bad to me, it's RE.

Will still hold off until I can get a PS5, which I honestly thought would have been easy to acquire when they announced this :D

1 minute ago, scottcr said:

People complaining about silly over the top stuff have obviously never played RE4. You get chased by an enormous giant stone golum controlled by a midget 

And that's before the mad stuff starts. 

4 minutes ago, scottcr said:

People complaining about silly over the top stuff have obviously never played RE4. You get chased by an enormous giant stone golum controlled by a midget 

A friend of mine was talking about How he tried RE4 but didn’t like it - I searched desperately for a gif of this exact scene as evidence that he was wrong, but came up empty-handed. -_-