rllmuk
Sloth

Call of Duty: Warzone

Anyone know how to make it use your PSN name?  It asked me to sign in with an Activison ID that I had years ago against my regular email address.  Now I show up as anon98394839849384983.

@grindmouse Nope. It's still chafes my fucking balls that they're so stingy with the XP and no cunt is calling them out on it. They've had tiers "on sale" for less CP since Warzone came out. When the double triple was on it was more like what you should be getting, so I think they need to increase XP gain x1.5

You do get an absolute shedload for Warzone though. I expect them to nerf that next season.

3 minutes ago, DonRumsfeld said:

Anyone know how to make it use your PSN name?  It asked me to sign in with an Activison ID that I had years ago against my regular email address.  Now I show up as anon98394839849384983.

I think you have to change your Activision account name. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

You do get an absolute shedload for Warzone though. I expect them to nerf that next season.

Really? I get fuck all from it and games take ages. Hmmmm.

• Upvote 1

Just now, grindmouse said:

Really? I get fuck all from it and games take ages. Hmmmm.

I've definitely gone up more from Warzone than from regular mp, even taking match length into consideration. I'm only on 54. If I can reach 80 I'll probably buy the last 20, but if not they can shove it. I'm fickle like that.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

I think you have to change your Activision account name. 

Cheers, that done the trick!

3 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

I've definitely gone up more from Warzone than from regular mp, even taking match length into consideration. I'm only on 54. If I can reach 80 I'll probably buy the last 20, but if not they can shove it. I'm fickle like that.

I bought £15 of points from shopto and bumped myself up to lvl90. Should breeze the rest but only rank 120.

I cannot get the season 3 pass, it’s too much of a chore. Must be strong.

4 minutes ago, grindmouse said:

I bought £15 of points from shopto and bumped myself up to lvl90. Should breeze the rest but only rank 120.

I cannot get the season 3 pass, it’s too much of a chore. Must be strong.

*Bookmarks for posterity*

Has anyone experimented with the crossplay voice chat - specifically Xbox to PS4? Just wondering if it's easy enough to get it working so it's just my team in the chat, and not other folk in the session.

3 minutes ago, misterSquare said:

Has anyone experimented with the crossplay voice chat - specifically Xbox to PS4? Just wondering if it's easy enough to get it working so it's just my team in the chat, and not other folk in the session.

Yeah it's easy, go to the voice chat option, it's got enabled/disabled/mute all except party.

• Upvote 1

Popped on for a quick game before work and, yay, 11GB patch that it didn't bother to download overnight.

(Patch notes here.)

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, hmm said:

Popped on for a quick game before work and, yay, 11GB patch that it didn't bother to download overnight.

(Patch notes here.)

PC:

Stun Grenades are now less intense

Hooray! I don't know what they're like on console but on PC they basically switch your mouse off.

Mine's just decided that it wants to download a 171GB update. I'm trying to point it to the existing folder, because that won't download before christmas.

1 minute ago, U2031 said:

Mine's just decided that it wants to download a 171GB update. I'm trying to point it to the existing folder, because that won't download before christmas.

This the first update you've done, by any chance?

It was telling me previously that I wasn't connected to the internet, and the blizzard launcher says that's something's amiss so I'll switch it off till tomorrow and pray.

Anyone been on the new map and seen what looks like an open door leading into a corridor...except, you can't go through the door...it looks like it should be open judging by the mini map but blocked off with an invisible wall.

Yeah I get the invisible wall.

The map itself is pretty very bad. Worse than Hackney Yard.

I would take any MW2 map over it.

Hackney Yard is actually quite good in Gun Game. Awful in pretty much anything else, of course.

Haven't tried the new map yet - mainly because I haven't loaded up any mode except WZ in quite some time!

I've never played a cod and just downloaded warzone. There seem to be lots of weapons guides online... I imagine it will come down to personal preference but any recommended setups for someone that prefers close/medium range combat? 

45 minutes ago, Muz said:

I've never played a cod and just downloaded warzone. There seem to be lots of weapons guides online... I imagine it will come down to personal preference but any recommended setups for someone that prefers close/medium range combat? 

Someone with a lot more knowledge of COD can maybe help you more but the weapons are ranked when you are close to them: common, uncommon, epic, legendary etc.

I don't know the nuances of each weapon but I tend to just choose a sub-machine gun or assault rifle for close to medium combat (my preference too). If you pick up an epic or legendary version they usually have a scope for medium range which really helps.

I like to have an RPG or sniper rifle in the other slot for a bit of differentiation. 

52 minutes ago, Muz said:

The M4A1 is a really good assault rifle that you unlock pretty early on.

You'll unlock loads of add-ons and attachments the more you use the same weapon and it can be pretty heavy going at the beginning until you unlock them

:)