Formula One - 2020

It was his before round 1 started to be fair but yeah he doesn't even need to try now, the biggest danger he's in is from Covid and even then if it happens when he would only miss 1 race he's already more than a race ahead.

• Upvote 1

It annoys me that Button is complaining about the tyres. In the old days no one cared about tyre wear because racing was sprinting between the tyre stops  and even more tedious. 

40 minutes ago, Bacon Horsemeat said:

I feel like that was a reward for everyone who stayed til the end. 95% of the race was dull as paint.

too right I fell asleep and woke up just as bottas tyre popped :)

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, wev said:

Alot of talk about Grosjeans black and white flag but didnt Stroll also get one?

Yep he did, but that's only because they don't have a flag for 'you are shit! move over!'

• Upvote 6

Bottas tyre failed just as he passed the pit lane entrance. If it had gone a corner before he’d have won the race. He’s had some bad luck with tyre failures at Mercedes, this is almost as bad as when it went in Baku.

If they keep the same soft compounds they have planned for next weekend I can see it being a three or even four stop race and the Mercs might just coast to get to the end like they did in Austria last year when the cars were overheating.

44 minutes ago, marsh said:

@McSpeed you got a job on the side picking Pirelli's tyre compounds?? sounds like a monday night in GT Sport!

12x fuel use

”but there’s no refuelling”

”I don’t care!!”

• Upvote 4

Hamilton final lap with radio talk with Bono. It’s amazing how calm they both are. I  assume they’ll put it on YouTube at some point this week.

• Upvote 3
16 hours ago, marsh said:

@McSpeed you got a job on the side picking Pirelli's tyre compounds?? sounds like a monday night in GT Sport!

Heh, if only, I would have figured out a way to enforce much more pitstops.

Sounds like that will happen next weekend considering the softer compounds.

15 hours ago, GwiDan said:

12x fuel use

”but there’s no refuelling”

”I don’t care!!”

:lol:

• Upvote 2
56 minutes ago, kiroquai said:

Current state of the Fantasy league:

fantasy0308.thumb.png.3aef28a80504f9b51943749cc83e06db.png

Used my Mega Driver booster to jump me up into second position :sherlock:

He jumps from 10th to 5th!! Watch your rear tyres @AlanT - Imma comin for ya.

• Upvote 1

For no reason at all, here is a random backmarker from the halcyon days of 1988 - 1991 when there were plenty of have-a-go teams on the grid.

B0Tz6AaIMAAvXqj.jpg

That's it. That's the post. Fine looking car, that. Sounded glorious too. Shame it didn't qualify that often.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, kiroquai said:

Current state of the Fantasy league:

fantasy0308.thumb.png.3aef28a80504f9b51943749cc83e06db.png

Used my Mega Driver booster to jump me up into second position :sherlock:

What's the URL to login? I think I need to make some changes (I may have gone Ferrari heavy)

29 minutes ago, LowCostMonkey said:

Is that a Lambo (engined)? I love the sidepods. 

It is, yes! What was known as the Modena team, which originally was scheduled to be called GLAS and be Mexican-backed. That all fell through but the plans to have Lamborghini supply engines and design the car carried on and under new ownership (Lamborghini themselves pumped in a lot of money as they figured 'we've come so far, we might as well get this thing on the grid') the team had a single season in F1. Car and engine were partly designed by Mauro Forghieri and is I believe his swansong in Formula One.

As for the Fantasy F1 login, go here: Fantasy Formula 1 :)

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, kiroquai said:

It is, yes! What was known as the Modena team, which originally was scheduled to be called GLAS and be Mexican-backed. That all fell through but the plans to have Lamborghini supply engines and design the car carried on and under new ownership (Lamborghini themselves pumped in a lot of money as they figured 'we've come so far, we might as well get this thing on the grid') the team had a single season in F1. Car and engine were partly designed by Mauro Forghieri and is I believe his swansong in Formula One.

As for the Fantasy F1 login, go here: Fantasy Formula 1 :)

The same Lambo engine they dumped in the 'works' team Lotus?

My Lawnmower smokes like that on startup too

Yup! In 1989 Larrousse had it, then it was Larrousse and Lotus for 1990. Ligier and Modena/Lambo had it in 1991. Minardi and Larrousse for 1992, and just Larrousse in 1993.

McLaren tested it during '93 (badged as a Chrysler) and Senna was actually pretty complimentary about it how it performed. They almost made a deal but Ron Dennis went with Peugeot instead and Lambo were off the grid after that point.

ClbSx4MWgAEDNl7.jpg:large

Talking of Senna testing things...

Ba_T_ZkCEAA0qme.jpg:large

:ph34r:

• Mr Tony changed the title to Formula One - 2020