rllmuk
neoELITE

EFL League 1, League 2, National League and Beyond 2019/20 Season

My Team Will....  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

16 minutes ago, El Pibe said:

Got my ticket today 8-)

Are you going? A covered away end. Should make for a much better atmosphere than previous DDs.

I wanted to take my Dad for his first non-Wembley away day but they went on sale about three weeks ago. Sold out in minutes. It wasn't advertised in advance re the date they'd go on sale for season tickets but it leaked out on Pasoti and Twitter. I know the Head of Marketing at the club (hence why I get some of their print work). He told me it was to stop people buying multiple tickets to sell on. The club don't want the usual idiots turning up as we've had some issues this and last season.

Can't complain about that. 

I have been before and we won 3-0.

I might take him to Forest Green Rovers in November. He's 70 so don't want to go too far.

4 minutes ago, neoELITE said:

I wanted to take my Dad for his first non-Wembley away day but they went on sale about three weeks ago. Sold out in minutes. It wasn't advertised in advance re the date they'd go on sale for season tickets but it leaked out on Pasoti and Twitter. I know the Head of Marketing at the club (hence why I get some of their print work). He told me it was to stop people buying multiple tickets to sell on. The club don't want the usual idiots turning up as we've had some issues this and last season.

Can't complain about that. 

I have been before and we won 3-0.

I might take him to Forest Green Rovers in November. He's 70 so don't want to go too far.

Shame! 

Well, at FGR you can get a nice pie. I got absolutely soaked last time I went there. Didn't mind, though, as we'd drawn 3-3 with a last minute equaliser.

Sutton 0 Stockport County 0.  Pretty dire fare.  To be fair to them, SC came determined to give nothing away first half and bodies were flung into action here there and everywhere (love to see the blocked shots stats).  They probably took some comfort from our generally feeble or, if we actually got into a good position, seemingly snatched or panicky attacking, and ventured out more in the second half although their resulting chances were mostly long range.  On this evidence, both teams will be happy for a rematch next season.

FA cup draw awaits on Monday.  Carshalton Athletic please!  Interestingly, I found out today that Sutton have played at Wembley in the 1963 Amateur Cup final v Wimbledon, back in the Athenian League / Isthmian league days (lost 2-4 v Wimbledon).  I guess that was an ancestor of todays Vase.

Edited by Cosmic_Guru

2-2 at home against a terrible Scunthorpe side. They had two shots on target and scored both. In our last game at home, we conceded two. In that game, they had two shots on target. 

The handball rule that's happening in the Premier League doesn't seem to apply in League 2.

Pissed off. 93rd minute equaliser for Scunthorpe. We had a free kick on their byline with seconds to go. They broke from a goal kick and scored. How can you score on the break from your own goal kick?!?!!!

Dean Keates returns then,  appointed Wrexham manager until the end of next season.

He did better than I expected last time, taking over a significantly shitter group of players than we have now and gradually made us competitive, but the football was incredibly boring and ultra defensive. Surprisingly so from a  former creative player.  We've been weak defensively this season, so it's not the worst kind of football philosophy to get us climbing the table, but longer term I do hope he has progressed as a manager and perhaps learnt from his failings at Walsall too.

Full back Jennings got our goal in an encouraging sounding performance and draw away at Woking on Saturday. Keates will promptly ban him from crossing the half way line. 

So we beat Gillingham 1-0 at their place in the League, with a row between the managers on the touch line. Steve Evans accused Paul Lambert of calling a Gillingham player "rubbish", while Lambert said the Gillingham dugout were the ones throwing insults.

We beat them 4-0 in the EFL Trophy last night with what was basically a second-string side. Tasty.

We drew 1-1 with Harrogate in a stupid pointless league game. Totally threw the victory away missing a penalty before they scored.

It was memorable as the first game since the return of Dean Keates as manager. but also because the referee did something I've never seen before. After getting  fair bit of  (partly justifiable) stick for giving a succession of decisions to Harrogate, he momentarily pretended to give a very obvious foul on our player Jennings to the opposition. After waiting just long enough for Jennings to start going ballistic and crowd to erupt into appropriate levels of disapproval, and with a massive grin on his face,  he swiftly switched the decision in our favour. It was quite funny to be fair, but man what a cunt.

• Upvote 1

It’s a big day in our household today. The first meeting for a few years between Coventry and Tranmere. I support Cov while my wife follows Tranmere. We have only lost once in the league so far and they have only won twice, so I think we can all see what the final result will be. They’re going to put five past us again like they did when we were playing in Northampton aren’t they? At least I’ve managed to avoid making any silly bets with her this time. 

• Upvote 1

Wasn't great was it? I expect we'd have a poor patch but lose the games to better opponents who've outplayed us. To turn into clown college against Rotherham and then complete wasters against Tranmere is a worrying sign.