rllmuk
gospvg

Football Thread 2019/2020

At the rate things are going next week a villa defender will head the ball away and find they've given away a penalty for handball. Farcical. It's not even subjective, surely. VAR is great, our attempt to make use of it is like some massive pisstake.

Replays almost certainly showed it hit his shoulder. Clear and obvious errors for everything but offside, which can be measured right down to a player's armpit.

What an absolute shit implementation of some excellent technology, VAR should have cleared up the obvious officiating errors. Instead it's just ruining the enjoyment.

• Upvote 1

With that, and the Gomez/Wilson, Sanchez/Wood challenges I get the feeling that they've changed the criteria again and aren't overruling the refs as much. It feels like a pendulum has swung back to the onfield officials.

12 hours ago, Mr Do 71 said:

Where's the Aston Villa goalkeeper going? @Naysonymous

He must have not been listening to the pre match stuff about how we need to cut out stupid individual errors before we get relegated.  Still; Chelsea, Wolves and Liverpool up next. It will all be fine, right? :unsure:

• Empathy 2

4 hours ago, Naysonymous said:

He must have not been listening to the pre match stuff about how we need to cut out stupid individual errors before we get relegated.  Still; Chelsea, Wolves and Liverpool up next. It will all be fine, right? :unsure:

If the European Cup is postponed as rumoured, then we might be playing the kids again against you ;)

Wolves have asked UEFA to postpone our game against Olympiakos on Thursday. 

My parents have tickets and have booked flights and accommodation. Really bad luck. 

Right decision to postpone though I think, especially as their owner has unfortunately contracted the virus. 

Serie A might not conclude this season looking whether to have some sort of play off to decide relegation and champions or just finish with current standings.

Was thinking what they might end up doing here? Play a couple more rounds of fixtures and then say that’s it for each league - current positions are final and then top 3/4 go up (no play offs) from EFL?

FA Cup abandoned or postponed until start of next season (what’s the point of the FA Cup semis and finals if no fans can go)?

My long-suffering Liverpool-supporting brother is paranoid that they’ll declare the league void.

Is suspect that even if they truncate it and declare Liverpool the winners, opposing fans will be putting the needle in for years about Liverpool not having won “a full season”, even though they’ve clearly dominated. 

Aurier is one of the worst WBs I've ever seen playing at this level. He never, ever seems to be in the correct place. 

21 minutes ago, Fitzcarraldo said:

Aurier is one of the worst WBs I've ever seen playing at this level. He never, ever seems to be in the correct place. 

He has all the attributes to be a top class footballer- except a brain in his head. 

18 minutes ago, Silent Runner said:

Lloris is trash. At fault for both goals. 

Totally agree. Garbage keeper who has a mistake in him at least once per 90 mins.

Simple solution to all of this. All the managers play out the remaining games on FIFA. 

19 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Simple solution to all of this. All the managers play out the remaining games on FIFA. 

c;mon, alot of them are older! its gotta be a subbuteo tourny!

7 hours ago, bradigor said:

If the European Cup is postponed as rumoured, then we might be playing the kids again against you ;)

I'll take another 5-0 win. Will it count this time though? 

9 minutes ago, 5R7 said:

c;mon, alot of them are older! its gotta be a subbuteo tourny!

Best of 3

Round 1 - FIFA

Round 2- Subbuteo 

Round 3 - 1990 World Cup Top Trumps

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Best of 3

Round 1 - FIFA

Round 2- Subbuteo 

Round 3 - 1990 World Cup Top Trumps

Every team picks one player and then it's a 20 man royal rumble. Entry order determined by league position e.g. Liverpool enter at number 20. It's the only fair way. 

Each tie should be settled by a coin toss just like  draws were in the good old days™

11 minutes ago, Stoppy2000 said:

Every team picks one player and then it's a 20 man royal rumble. Entry order determined by league position e.g. Liverpool enter at number 20. It's the only fair way. 

If this decides the title too, I elect Virgil Van Dijk to represent the Reds, although Shaqiri has the look of someone who would bite testicles in a fight.

It’s all academic because Adama Traoré will beat the granny out of every other player in the league. Wolves are champions!

Troy Deaney would put up a good fight. Probably fight really dirty too. 

Get the managers to fight it out.

I actually fancy Hodgson over Ole :lol:

You just leave the positions as they are imo if they have to cancel, as 75% of the season has been played, so that is more than sufficient to give a good idea as to how things are likely to end up.

Disclaimer:  I am a Leeds fan so would quite happily finish the season this week.:hat:

1 hour ago, Silent Runner said:

Lloris is trash. At fault for both goals. 

_111215230_lloris.jpg.8666e8b980ddd7bb2a0e2334fb482056.jpg

23 minutes ago, Hamus said:

_111215230_lloris.jpg.8666e8b980ddd7bb2a0e2334fb482056.jpg

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man City v Arsenal game for Weds night has been postponed.  Think they really are going to struggle to finish the season.