rllmuk
nakamura

FIFA 20: FIFA Street is back.

Oh I see FUT has been added to the fifa 20 beta and high end player packs available for use. A friend of mine needs to get home quick to try that. :ph34r:

Played some Volta today (offline) and it seems like a fun game type.

As for the main game, my half dozen games of rivals have been enjoyable, the beta build definitely plays better than 19. 

I’ll no doubt cave in and get it preordered again for early access. 

Okay, I've been a PES player my whole gaming life.  I bought every copy since PS1, and have always played Master League extensively (Career mode).  However, since the series came to PS4 generation, the games have been lacking in what used to make them special, and recently the CPU AI is seems very poor and scripted and it feels like Konami would like to push you away from single player to multiplayer with in app purchases.

So I was talking to my brother the other day who has been playing FIFA FUT for the past three years, and he thinks it's the dogs jewells.  I've always been a bit aprehensive of the mode since I'm not keen on multiplayer, and really not keen on being able to pay to get an advantage.   However, I seem to have been convinced my my brother that it's a really mode to play casually, and there is no annoying multiplayer elements to it.

I think I will always prefer PES's gameplay than FIFA's, but FIFA's has been good for the past 3-4 years I've tried it out.  PES has always felt zipper, and passing more satisfying.  FIFA has always felt sluggish and a bit easy to score.  

So, can I have your opinions on FUT?  I'm after a nice chilled mode where I can play 2-3 games in the evening, and have that sense of progression that Master League has given me in the past.  I like the idea of putting together a good team of individuals and making them gel, but I'm not sure how much depth there is to all of this, and wonder whether it's a bit like 'BUY PACKS - JUST GET MESSI AND RONALDO FTW'?

I'm not even going to bother with PES's version of FUT since the netcode has always been awful, and the presentation of the mode looks a bit lacking.

In my personal opinion, going from my experience of FUT in F18 and F19, the more time you can put into the game, the more you will get out of it in terms of rewards.

2/3 games a night might get you by on Single player modes like Squad Battles, but if you want to do the online leagues such as Rivals, where the more points you earn, the higher the division and rank you get, thus equalling better packs or coins to win, then 2/3 games a night might not cut it. Plus with the Weekend League, which was 40 games lowered to 30 games from Friday Morning until Monday Morning you really need to hit that hard.

Or you buy packs.

Depends how much you want those top rated cards and how much of a disposable income you have.

Of course you can also dabble in the market to try and trade your way up, but thats a whole thing in itself that also requires good knowledge of the games played not only in UK but around the world, and some luck.

Anyone tried the Fifa 20 demo?

I found Volta to be fun and I think this will be a great mode to play when the lads are round after a few tinnys.

The demo Champ match that it allows you to play though....Personally I think looks worse than Fifa 19 graphically, the players look like poor wax works and the movement around the pitch seems to go from stiff to OTT.

I was Chelsea and had Abraham running into the box, he gets tackled and I'm still holding run and try to swing round to get back down the pitch and hes moving in this ridiculously wide arc as if he's on a BTTF hoverboard.

Defending seemed ok against the computer, but I could huge gaps in the line that a real player will be able to pick apart. Also defending a free kick seemed harder, with the 5 that took place, the AI managed to get 3 of them into the player in the box.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

You know how in FIFA 19's The Journey (well, if you played it), Alex Hunter goes down the negative road of surrounding himself with an entourage, obsessed with marketing his image? And how Danny Williams is just there trying to relax and have a normal bit of fun playing some football that just happens to be the Champions League?

Well, Volta is what happens if nobody slaps Hunter across the face until he wises the fuck up. It's absolutely dripping with an obsession with image to its own detriment. it's fun but it'd be more so if it lightened the fuck up.

Yeah I see that.

I love how these big corporate companies think "Street" is, they must send out a few teams to research it, analyze their collected data and then say nah needs more luminous colours, spray paint, tags, baggy clothing and gansta vibes. Ram it up to 11!