rllmuk
nakamura

FIFA 20: FIFA Street is back.

I just started working on this. As soon as I found out about the plans for Volta I had instant flashbacks to the indoor mode on FIFA '98, I absolutely loved it and I think this could be a neat twist to put a bit of life back into the series.

2 hours ago, dan_tm said:

I just started working on this. As soon as I found out about the plans for Volta I had instant flashbacks to the indoor mode on FIFA '98, I absolutely loved it and I think this could be a neat twist to put a bit of life back into the series.

You're working on Fifa20?

Just think youl be able to buy packs to unlock your favourite street footballs and even their trainers. Even the skills themselves can be under paywalls! Fun times 

11 hours ago, dan_tm said:

If you really working on it Dan, please tell them to let you play with your friends otherwise this mode will be DOA just like all the fancy stuff they added to kick off which you couldn’t play online last year. 

volta is perfect for a mini pro clubs with friends. No idea why EA decided it’s going to be 1vs1 only. 

14 hours ago, gooner4life said:

You're working on Fifa20?

Yeah, I just arrived back over to the UK and got a bit lucky getting this job so soon. I've been away in Canada for the last couple of years working at Ubisoft. Looking forward to seeing the reveal of the project I was on with them at their conference tomorrow :)

4 hours ago, Shevchenko said:

If you really working on it Dan, please tell them to let you play with your friends otherwise this mode will be DOA just like all the fancy stuff they added to kick off which you couldn’t play online last year. 

volta is perfect for a mini pro clubs with friends. No idea why EA decided it’s going to be 1vs1 only. 

I'm not involved with Volta directly but that's certainly a mode I'd be interested in too, Pro Clubs was always something I enjoyed with the guys on here last gen.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, dan_tm said:

Yeah, I just arrived back over to the UK and got a bit lucky getting this job so soon. I've been away in Canada for the last couple of years working at Ubisoft. Looking forward to seeing the reveal of the project I was on with them at their conference tomorrow :)

I'm not involved with Volta directly but that's certainly a mode I'd be interested in too, Pro Clubs was always something I enjoyed with the guys on here last gen.

Oh nice! I thought the majority of fifa was produced in Canada! 

What part of it are you involved with?

On 09/06/2019 at 16:12, gooner4life said:

Oh nice! I thought the majority of fifa was produced in Canada! 

What part of it are you involved with?

Gameplay wise it's mostly Vancouver I think, yeah, but we have studios all over working on it.

I'm a producer, mainly responsible for making sure we get all the official kits into the game and have them properly approved by the clubs/leagues/manufacturers. It's not that glamorous!

• Upvote 2

On 08/06/2019 at 19:06, carlospie said:

You could buy it then refund the credit card if it’s shit? 

Getting some mileage out of that that eh?

4 hours ago, dan_tm said:

Gameplay wise it's mostly Vancouver I think, yeah, but we have studios all over working on it.

I'm a producer, mainly responsible for making sure we get all the official kits into the game and have them properly approved by the clubs/leagues/manufacturers. It's not that glamorous!

Can you make sure Aberdeen have left and right backs in FUT next time ;)

That's no biggie really, I can live without Juves kit, badge and stadium. Which is essentially all that is. Dissapointed we won't be getting a Ristiano Conaldo though and we are stuck with the real thing. :(

• Upvote 1

Quick question about EA Access, not sure if anyone uses it?

Will FIFA 20 be included within that from launch on PS4? If so, I imagine it's more cost effective to get that subscription than buying FIFA outright?

12 hours ago, ryanski said:

You only get 8 hrs of play for fifa 20 with ea access. 

11 hours ago, nakamura said:

Is it 8 definitely? Normally you get 10. 

12 hours ago, smithstock said:

Quick question about EA Access, not sure if anyone uses it?

Will FIFA 20 be included within that from launch on PS4? If so, I imagine it's more cost effective to get that subscription than buying FIFA outright?

I believe it's 10, enough to get an idea of whether or not you like the changes I imagine :)

So my friend got the beta code and he's very positive. It's apparently so much more skill based. Can't get away with the usual FIFA spamming of skills etc. Timing and utilisation of player abilities and overall just playing football is how it works here. I hope they don't bottle it. 

• Upvote 1

I like the La Croqueta nerf.

For those that haven't seen it in Fifa 19 a player can spam it flawlessly and get through lots of players.

In Fifa 20 it looks like the more you do it consecutively the more messed up it gets and the ball gets knocked further away from the player and hopefully into the defenders feet. 

That’s huge. Weekend league was ruined for me with all the skillz boys. Just isn’t football. Doesn’t resemble football. 

Ive not pre ordered yet and probably won’t and see how it turns out.