Ghosts - BBC sitcom from the Horrible Histories cast

This has had a few posts in the Horrible Histories thread, but as @monkeydogsaid there, it deserves its own thread.

The six episodes of the first series are on iPlayer. They're really good; watch them!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/m00049t9/ghosts

And it's just been announced that it'll get a second series: https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2019/ghosts-return

I'd say yes. There's little to no swearing and I can't remember any sexual references or anything.

The first episode is a bit spooky (especially the creepy child) but if your kids are familiar with the HH cast that should help them through.

Honestly I'm surprised this wasn't on well before the watershed, my kids love it.

9 hours ago, tcharliel said:

I'd say yes. There's little to no swearing and I can't remember any sexual references or anything.

The ghost who's running around with no trousers is one big sexual reference. That's his thing! It will go over kids' heads or be easily explained away though.

The innuendo is perfectly pitched, the Politician is perfect. The visual gag had me in stitches when it clicks, and there is a hilarious Gladiators joke in there which is a great example of the age-spanning humour.

• 4 weeks later...

What a great show, it feels slightly old fashioned but in a good way, Really enjoyed it and glad it’s getting a second series. The politician and scout master are particular favourites. I really enjoyed the brief flashback showing what happened to him! 

• 1 year later...

I kept meaning to look for a thread on this. I always see this constantly on the BBC1 HD previews while the little one is having her bath ready. Recently binged it on iPlayer and thoroughly enjoyed it. Glad to see a second series is coming!

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if it was me or the show, but took a couple of episode to get back into S2. I'm not generally used to watching things that are so BBC.  The third episode hit it's stride though.

Spoiler

Fanny's crush, Robins You Tube rabbit hole, the Colonel's secret, hide and seek

And nice little bits like

Spoiler

Ooh, numbers

On 21/09/2020 at 22:56, monkeydog said:

Don't know if it was me or the show, but took a couple of episode to get back into S2. I'm not generally used to watching things that are so BBC.  The third episode hit it's stride though.

Reveal hidden contents

Fanny's crush, Robins You Tube rabbit hole, the Colonel's secret, hide and seek

And nice little bits like

Reveal hidden contents

Ooh, numbers

Such a funny delivery of that line. 

• 3 weeks later...

Been watching it week by week rather than binging, and it's even better than the first series.

The decision to show more of the ghosts' backstories was cleverly done.

Spoiler

Especially when they reveal another ghost that "ascended".

The pay-off for episode 4, with Julian's delayed speech on "spin" was brilliant.