rllmuk
Paulando

Oculus Quest - (Usernames in first post)

3 hours ago, metallicfrodo said:

Speaking of Tuesday, why is it so far away?

Hehe, I was a bit slow to order, don't think I'll have mine til Thursday / Friday. But I can wait! 

I got the case from Oculus themselves, it's not shipping til 29th or something but I figure I can manage until then! 

I think the storage is largely irrelevant. Games tend to be a few gig for it, so loads of room even on 64Gb. Just delete to make space etc.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Hello Goaty ♥ said:

Say.. I eventually bought the 128gb model, whats to say that a 256gb model might not get released soon after?

arrgh that's why I always sit on the fence with these things :D

This is the quickest turnaround ever. You'd not even heard of it a few days ago!! 

I’ve gotten over yesterday’s cold feet thankfully and I’m definitely still in for a Quest. Maybe I’m wrong, but I reckon this is the start of the big time for VR. 

Well up for some rec room shenanigans. Liked it on PSVR, but it’s let down by the move controllers not having analogue sticks.

Really quite excited, this is my first ‘day one’ hardware since the 360. Waiting for the Amazon delivery is going to be awful.

• Upvote 1

One advantage of buying from Game is it’s a DPD delivery. So I can play that meta game too, watching it approaching my house (while I’m in work :facepalm:).

UploadVR just did a Livestream of loads of stuff, and most of it looked fucking brilliant. I assume it will be watchable on their channel - well worth a watch. The Guardian system is superb, and the guy had dozens of games and demos on his 64Gb version and still had 16Gb free.

sorry i'm being a bit thick her but what advantage is the room scale thingy over normal VR?

I just watched the guy on Upload VR play Creed. I thought he'd be able to use his feet to control the movement of the boxer making it a better game but it looked like the same control scheme as the PSVR. What am i missing?

I guess it depends on the game. I posted a video earlier of someone using it outside and actually being able to walk completely around the area in the game.

Edit: this post

also: wizards are involved in porting this stuff:  (I highly recommend any VR newbs try this as the firs thing once they've set up.  It's ADORABLE AND LOVELY)

• Upvote 2

Ah man, I'm going to have to get one of these.

This thread made me have a play on my Rift the other day.  I'd forgotten just how amazing these things are.  I ended up playing table tennis against someone and there's just nothing like it.

I think this could be the start of something big too.

47 minutes ago, robdood said:

also: wizards are involved in porting this stuff:  (I highly recommend any VR newbs try this as the firs thing once they've set up.  It's ADORABLE AND LOVELY)

That does indeed look lovely. The inbuilt intro software for the quest is very similar however. You get a little robot to dance with, lots of hand presence, target shooting, object throwing and even the little pull-string rockets are copied.

27 minutes ago, jonamok said:

That does indeed look lovely. The inbuilt intro software for the quest is very similar however. You get a little robot to dance with, lots of hand presence, target shooting, object throwing and even the little pull-string rockets are copied.

Yeah that's interesting, I've not watched footage of new things cos I like things to be a total surprise, but this First Contact demo was the Rifts intro/inbuilt demo thing! 

• Upvote 1

Hmmm I’m very tempted to dive in. I really enjoyed the VR experience when I dashed and bought a PSVR at launch but found both the camera and the move controllers to be a bit shonky and personally I was always very aware of the cable. 

This though seems to solve all of those issues and whilst I’ve got some (mild tbh) concerns about its graphical capabilities I’d also be the first to admit that the immersion will more than make up for it. 

So, it looks like I’ve convinced myself that it’s a must buy, anyone know where the 64GB ones might be available (I’d much rather spend £100 on games than storage)? :)

unfort it will be a while before i can pick up one of these (though have a normal rift ) but that vid of the guy in the playing field blows my mind - i have a very large long garden at the back and i know when i get one of these ill be out there all the time for the large play area (my neighbors may think i have lost my mind).  VR has been trying to find a way into mainstream and while psvr, rift and vive had done there job of getting there foot in the door, this may be what kicks the door open.  While there has been no word as yet fingers crossed that Google Earth comes to this as it still is one of the best  VR experiences out there 

• Upvote 1