rllmuk
Paulando

Oculus Quest - (Usernames in first post)

Moss is todays deal of the day, 14.99 (usually 22.99). This really is a standout title. Also being a seated experience it is also a great game to play while charging you Quest, so that’s a bonus.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, metallicfrodo said:

Moss is todays deal of the day, 14.99 (usually 22.99). This really is a standout title. Also being a seated experience it is also a great game to play while charging you Quest, so that’s a bonus.

Bought. Thanks!

Am I being daft? Where's my experimental hand tracking settings?  I've got update v12,  all I can see under the experimental menu is bluetooth pairing for keyboards/controllers?

15 minutes ago, robdood said:

Am I being daft? Where's my experimental hand tracking settings?  I've got update v12,  all I can see under the experimental menu is bluetooth pairing for keyboards/controllers?

Try a reboot. I had to do that for it to become available.

49 minutes ago, metallicfrodo said:

Try a reboot. I had to do that for it to become available.

Thanks, that did it, even though I rebooted earlier today! Oh well. 

Its pretty special though! If they can reduce the latency a tiny bit it'll be almost perfect. Will be interesting to see what they are doing with it a year from now. 

13 hours ago, metallicfrodo said:

Nice...managed to grab it. I thought I might have missed out because it's past midnight, but thankfully it was still on sale.

19 hours ago, metallicfrodo said:

Ah, the one day I didn’t check the web for the sale game. 

It’s The Thrill of the Fight today, for a fiver. No idea what it’s like though

As Freeman rightly points out above todays Deal of the Day is Thrill of the Fight for £4.99 (down from £7.99). My understanding is that if you are into a proper boxing simultation this is the best out there. I think someone in this thread was praising it highly when it came out.

Also Half + Half is free at the moment. Not really sure what it is but obviously if it's free I'm willing to give it a go.

Oh and one final thing, Oculus released a new environment for your home screen the other day, it's called Ski Lodge and can be selected from the settings area if you fancy a wintery feel.

1 hour ago, Freeman said:

Ah, the one day I didn’t check the web for the sale game. 

It’s The Thrill of the Fight today, for a fiver. No idea what it’s like though

By far the best boxing game on the system and a bargain at that price. It's bloody difficult and very active so be prepared for a great workout!

1 hour ago, Lorfarius said:

By far the best boxing game on the system and a bargain at that price. It's bloody difficult and very active so be prepared for a great workout!

I read a review and bought it. Not sure I have the space to try it now though as the house is prepared for a dozen folk descending on us for Xmas, but it looks like something I could get into

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Freeman said:

I read a review and bought it. Not sure I have the space to try it now though as the house is prepared for a dozen folk descending on us for Xmas, but it looks like something I could get into

It will work in a fairly small space, from the start when you get onto the scales is about as far as you have to move around. As long as you aren't punching close to a wall you should be fine.

• Upvote 1

Its the best workout i have ever had in a game. Much like real boxing training is the toughest i have ever had in real life.

Just played a bit of Vader and moss wow both great shame my battery ran out 

oculus just gave me £4 any decent cheap indies ?

Today's Deal of the Day is Dance Central for £17.24 (usually £22.99).

Also worth noting for those who have Sairento VR that all the DLC is currently 50% off.

It is front heavy, but there’s stuff you can do.

Loosen the side straps. Make sure you have the back strap pulled all the way under the back of your skull. Tilt the headset off your cheek bones.

Add a 200g counterweight to the back of the strap.

Buy a comfort strap, a foam and Velcro band that spreads the weight across the top of your head.

Do all of these things and it actually becomes comfortable!

The weight is a problem after a couple of hours play but you just need to take the headset off for a bit. I found after I picked up a battery pack I can wear it for 6 hours straight before I wanted to take it off, so possibly longer.  Just use a few velcro straps to attach whatever on the back:

Straps

The extra weight makes it balance the front against your head, sounds weird but just works!

2 hours ago, Lorfarius said:

The weight is a problem after a couple of hours play but you just need to take the headset off for a bit. I found after I picked up a battery pack I can wear it for 6 hours straight before I wanted to take it off, so possibly longer.  Just use a few velcro straps to attach whatever on the back:

Straps

The extra weight makes it balance the front against your head, sounds weird but just works!

Any suggestion as to what battery pack to get?

Incidentally, my cable arrived today to try this with Oculus link. Very impressed so far. I tried No Mans Sky through Steam VR, looks much better than the PSVR version, the controllers are much better to use too.

I ordered 2 x cables, the amazon basics one, and the Anker one. The Anker one is a better quality cable, but I prefer the Amazon one as it's lighter and doesn't contribute to the weight at the front of the headset. 

58 minutes ago, sbrandon111 said:

Any suggestion as to what battery pack to get?

Incidentally, my cable arrived today to try this with Oculus link. Very impressed so far. I tried No Mans Sky through Steam VR, looks much better than the PSVR version, the controllers are much better to use too.

I ordered 2 x cables, the amazon basics one, and the Anker one. The Anker one is a better quality cable, but I prefer the Amazon one as it's lighter and doesn't contribute to the weight at the front of the headset. 

This is the one I went for

Basically 10'000 rate USB 3C should do the trick. Those Ankers are highly rated all over the VR scene so I wouldn't much bother with any cheaper ones. 

Is there a way to save during solo adventures on Star Trek Bridge Crew? Very annoying so far if the wireless drops out or Ubisoft disconnects it boots you right out of the current mission with no progress recorded. Been sat there for a good 40 minutes when it booted me back to the menu!

The Oculus sale has started and previously discounted games are back up, so anybody who missed the likes of "Moss" can grab it :) Merry Christmas!!

• Upvote 3

Some nice deals there, Shadow Point for £11 is an excellent deal on a fantastic game (it was already cheap at it's regular £14.99). Superhot is also £4 off at £14.99, and it's the must have game on the Quest, and Moss is back to £14.99 as well.

I'm going to finally pick up Apex Construct as it's down to £11.

Just bought super hot thanks for heads up it didn’t take my £4 credit for some reason so I’ll need to find something else to buy :( 

Just got a quest today. Anything people suggest buying games or accessories. Got super hot, pistol whip and beat saber so far. 

Moss would be a nice compliment  to those games. Nice and sedate and seated, giving you a chance to charge not only the Quest’s battery but yours as well!

Also Shadow Point and Red Matter which are both slower pace, atmospheric puzzle games.

• Upvote 1