PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

12 hours ago, BedroomBusinessman said:

Has anyone tried having multiple accounts from different regions on their PS5?

Currently on PS4 my digital purchases are split across UK and USA accounts on the same system, would be ideal to carry on in the same structure.

Yep works fine no issues 

1 hour ago, BongoInferno said:

Wow it turns out that WRC9 is pretty incredible with the PS5 pad. The haptics really add to the immersion and the triggers actually fight back when you’re braking at speed. I’m not much of a racing game fan, but picked it up anyway in the PSN Black Friday sale as I’d heard good things about it.  This really does feel next gen.

1 hour ago, Parappa said:

Sold. Heard good things about the ps4 version and getting to test a racing game with the haptics is exciting! 

I’m really tempted by this, good to hear that the dualsense implementation really adds to the immersion.

51 minutes ago, Harrisown said:

Sad times.

Im back at work and a couple of guys I work with got the ps5

“so what do you think”

”myeah It’s fine “ - “yeah it’s alright”

”did you try that Astro thing, the controller demo”

”nah I just deleted it” - “nah I was like ‘I an’t playin that shit’ so I deleted it and just set it up how I like it with COD and FIFA”

”wtf are you serious , you didn’t even try it? What do you think about the controller” 

“I was playing COD and the triggers started messing up so I turned it off, they make it to hard to press ,really stiff ,so you just die all the time”

Wow the youth of today.

I hope you work in a mine and when you go out on a smoke break the mine collapses on the guys. 

19 minutes ago, Rob Rymond said:

One thing that puts me off using Netflix on the PS5 is that I have to faff around in TV menus to turn on/off Game mode, so think I'll stick to using the TV app.

Yeah, lack of ALLM is a pain if you want to use the machine for anything other than games. Particularly frustrating considering Microsoft have been using it since the One S and One X :/

I’m in love it’s just so good and I’ve got my gaming mojo back. I’ve not played much apart from fortnite and fifa for a while, I’m so excited to get stuck into SP games and be in the open world. MM is just beautiful.

I have one issue. My pad just isn’t charging great. I charged it using the console overnight on standby and it’s only 1 bar. It was charging yesterday with an old iPhone block and it didn’t seem to help either. Am I doing something wrong? Does it light up showing that it’s charging like the ds4 did? 

Just now, Baring said:

I have one issue. My pad just isn’t charging great. I charged it using the console overnight on standby and it’s only 1 bar. It was charging yesterday with an old iPhone block and it didn’t seem to help either. Am I doing something wrong? Does it light up showing that it’s charging like the ds4 did? 

Yeah it glows orange like the DS4. Have you set it up to charge while in rest mode? 

16 hours ago, englishbob said:

I've not really paid attention to the PS5's internals, but reading this...does this mean the internal SSD 825GB drive will always stay at this size (seeing as its at the optimal size by reading between the lines)? Unless there is a major hardware revision later on down the line?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_5#Storage_architecture

I was under the impression that because flash storage increases in capacity in 2x increments, and each of the 12 SSD chips has to be identical, they had a choice between 412.5 GB, 825 GB and 1650 GB (etc). And probably the larger sizes are too expensive just now.

Edit - What’s “optimal” about it is having one flash chip for each of the 12 channels on the storage controller. Just now each is 512 Gbit.

2 minutes ago, Baring said:

I’m in love it’s just so good and I’ve got my gaming mojo back. I’ve not played much apart from fortnite and fifa for a while, I’m so excited to get stuck into SP games and be in the open world. MM is just beautiful.

There’s been reports of the front usb not charging properly and I’ve also read of iOS chargers not working. Assume you’ve switched on USB ports in the power/rest mode settings.

I'm absolutely loving my new console :wub: It's just such a jump up in speed, performance, graphics and heat/noise from my OG PS4 (except perhaps the UI which although I'm now used to has a couple of fundamental rough edges to it). Since my initial data transfer glitch I've - touchwood - had zero issues with it. I'm slightly terrified of rest mode so I've just turned it off entirely for now so the console has just done 30 hours straight on full power while downloading half of the PS Store and it's still working beautifully, quiet and cool (even in the TV cabinet). 

I finished Astro off late last night and got the platinum trophy to mark the start of the new generation. I'm now deciding what else to play until my copy of Demon Souls arrives on Monday/Tuesday. Might do Until Dawn.

Quick question please... what is the install size of Demon Souls? I've got 77GB free after a monster downloading session over the last 24 hours (I've got 29 games installed so I'm not going to moan about space). I just want to make sure there is enough there for when it arrives.

1 minute ago, FiveFootNinja said:

Quick question please... what is the install size of Demon Souls? I've got 77GB free after a monster downloading session over the last 24 hours (I've got 29 games installed so I'm not going to moan about space). I just want to make sure there is enough there for when it arrives.

Box says 66GB minimum but I've heard that the PS5 is like the PS4 in that you usually need way more free space when you're installing a new game because of the way it copies files over so I'm not totally confident 77GB will end up being enough.

My controller charged fine in the rear port, I had heard of the issues already, also I’ve turned everything but charging off whilst in rest mode. I’m away visiting my support bubble till tomorrow so unfortunately can’t play or fill my 4tb hdd that arrived yesterday. Can’t wait to get back to it and Demons. Not had any software issues touch wood though I did trip over the power cable yesterday walking behind my tv and it pulled the console off the stand so hoping I didn’t fuck it!

1 hour ago, Baring said:

A bit of a google shows the front isn’t great for charging. I will try the back usb and another iPhone block. 
It shows charging from the front while I’m playing just not in rest mode and settings are correct. 

I did find it odd now you mention it. The front port is only a usb 2.0 port which has a maximum of errrr (usb 3.0 is 900ma) 500ma ish?

Or is it a specific charging port, I don’t know.

use your PS4 to charge the controller , I’m sure the EU won’t mind.. 

1 hour ago, MagicalDrop said:

It looks like the free PSVR adaptors are being sent out now for those who claimed one, mine and my son-in-law's both arrived today. 

When did you request it?  I asked for mine today and hope I don't wait too long so I can relegate the Pro to the games room, and sell the games room PS4.

8 minutes ago, Stejay said:

When did you request it?  I asked for mine today and hope I don't wait too long so I can relegate the Pro to the games room, and sell the games room PS4.

Looks like it takes a week or so in the post as it comes from Europe, and I'd guess add a week or so for turning the order round. 

3 hours ago, Wiper said:

Yeah, lack of ALLM is a pain if you want to use the machine for anything other than games. Particularly frustrating considering Microsoft have been using it since the One S and One X :/

Do you think they may patch this in later on? I know some newer TVs probably have a Game mode button on the remote but its a real arse ache on an old Samsung tucked away in about four different menus.

Mind you I still need to sort the blurryness I'm getting on HDMI 1 with HDR which doesn't seem to happen in the other slots.

Ha! So my Demon Souls storage question is now null and void.

Decided to buy GT Sport (£8 in the sale) as it's the only GT game I haven't played and could use a good racing game for the new console. Just tried to download it and it's 97gb :D As such I've had to have a bit of a clear out already and even so now only have 24gb left for Demon Souls :facepalm: 

Think I may finally invest in an external drive and shift some stuff onto that after all.

21 minutes ago, Rob Rymond said:

Mind you I still need to sort the blurryness I'm getting on HDMI 1 with HDR which doesn't seem to happen in the other slots.

Surely that's your TV settings.

@FiveFootNinja - How are you out if space already?

In other PS5 news, I've had two more crashes in fairly quick succession while playing Miles Morales. I don't think it's a system issue that can be patched, I think it's a fault.

10 minutes ago, Alex W. said:

I think HDMI1 on Samsung defaults to being the PC input i.e. scaling is disabled and a bunch of other things, which is usually controlled by what you actually name that socket in the menu.

HDMI 4 is the pc port for chroma 444 or 120fps or whatever.