rllmuk
Ivanho

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

The person on reddit has added a new post about the game, they are eleven hours into it and loving it, called it a God of War + Star Wars + Soulsbourne lite game.

Their final comment on it is:

TL;DR I'm sure come release day most of you guys will have an absolute ball playing this game. Potentially the best Star Wars game to date.

• Upvote 2

I think I'm gonna go for an EA Access Premier subscription for a month and play this on PC, plus get some mileage out of FIFA and Plague's Tale while I'm subscribed.

I'm ludicrously excited about this game. Has there been a decent single-player Star Wars game in the past twenty years? I feel like Jedi Knight was the last really good one before they entered the era of endless PS2 games like Star Wars: Gamorrean Guard or Jedi Skateboarding.

• Upvote 8

Really looking forward to this.

An actual, bona fide AAA single player Star Wars game with no micro-transactions or online capability.

Yummy! Perfect for these cold winter nights.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Mystacon said:

Anyone know when the review embargo lifts?

All I've seen is a Reddit post from a Star Wars Community Lead stating 'Reviews will go live around launch.'

Think journalists received their review copies last Friday.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, K said:

I'm ludicrously excited about this game. Has there been a decent single-player Star Wars game in the past twenty years? I feel like Jedi Knight was the last really good one before they entered the era of endless PS2 games like Star Wars: Gamorrean Guard or Jedi Skateboarding.

KOTOR and Jedi Academy?

I’m slightly puzzled by the lack of interest in this. Everyone seems to have decided it’s going to be crap off the back of an E3 demo despite pretty much everything since being overwhelmingly positive. 

Very tempted by this, but going to hold off pre ordering

Will see if there is a Xbox Pucnh card on Friday / Saturday for lots of bonus points if you buy it

42 minutes ago, MikeF said:

Very tempted by this, but going to hold off pre ordering

Will see if there is a Xbox Pucnh card on Friday / Saturday for lots of bonus points if you buy it

What’s a punch card?

I’ve gone for SimplyGames. £44.85 and hopefully I might get it early. ShopTo are £47.95. 

I think CDkeys are doing digital codes for under £40 which isn’t bad but I prefer physical so I can sell it on. 

1 hour ago, HarryBizzle said:

KOTOR and Jedi Academy?

I’m slightly puzzled by the lack of interest in this. Everyone seems to have decided it’s going to be crap off the back of an E3 demo despite pretty much everything since being overwhelmingly positive. 

Absolutely this. I thought the E3 demo looked really bland and uninteresting but everything I’ve seen recently looks great. Really looking forward to it.

More Sekiro gameplay sounds good, although I'll wait to see if EA get up to their usual micro-transaction shenanigans first. It does look pretty decent, though. The Edge preview a few issues ago sounded promising too.

2 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

What’s a punch card?

I’ve gone for SimplyGames. £44.85 and hopefully I might get it early. ShopTo are £47.95. 

I think CDkeys are doing digital codes for under £40 which isn’t bad but I prefer physical so I can sell it on. 

Its what microsdt do to get you to buy digital from their store, its bonus points for purchasing the game.  Usually 6000.

Helps when you are point saving for the Scarlet

3 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

KOTOR and Jedi Academy?

I never thought Jedi Academy was much cop, but I forgot about KOTOR. That must have been the last really good one.

There's a surprising lack of buzz about this game. It's two weeks in a row that EA have put out very expensive-looking games with seemingly little fanfare. I can understand why NFS Heat might be snuck out with a blanket over its head, but I would expect more fuss over this one. It does seem to pop up a lot in Youtube ads and the like, but I assumed that Google just knows I like Star Wars.

I've been pretty unhype since the start, mainly due to a combination of 'fuck EA' and the protag looks like the blandest, most boring motherfucker ever conceived. But I won't lie, I just saw some footage in a TV spot the other day and he's fighting some of the Inquisitor sisters and it more or less instantly got me on board (albeit wishing you could play as an Inquisitor hunting the little shit down instead).

1 hour ago, K said:

I never thought Jedi Academy was much cop, but I forgot about KOTOR. That must have been the last really good one.

There's a surprising lack of buzz about this game. It's two weeks in a row that EA have put out very expensive-looking games with seemingly little fanfare. I can understand why NFS Heat might be snuck out with a blanket over its head, but I would expect more fuss over this one. It does seem to pop up a lot in Youtube ads and the like, but I assumed that Google just knows I like Star Wars.

It is perhaps that EA have realised that they don't need to spend through the nose to sell a star wars game / a great game.

They got burned with Battlefront after all.

It would be sensible to try yk sell this not quite as hard - and not allow people to hate on them for the way they push stuff, especially star wars.

Then let YouTube, influencers, and word of mouth do the rest.

Also, a single player game from EA? It has less legs and so the marketing will be lighter.

I'm fully expecting some horse armour DLC to tie in with ROS mind you.

I think this is the only game this winter that I'm looking forwards to. A Jedi-themed single player adventure, with what seems like a softened From-style template, might suit me really well. I assume we'll lose the frustrating (for me) difficulty spikes but also the intricate level geography and in-world lore discovery. But then you've got lore for days already built in.

3 hours ago, K said:

lt has ok looking tv ads during the football.

Yeh, another here who is definitely coming or rather come round. I held off on DS (will get in a sale or something) so this could be right up my street for all the above. 

39 minutes ago, geldra said:

This is by the peeps who made Titanfall 2 aye? I’m in for that alone. 

Well, kind of. Respawn has multiple teams, and most of the Titanfall 2 one works on Apex Legends. Around ten members of the TF2 team did work on Jedi: Fallen Order though. 

• Upvote 2

VLDMzWW.jpg

Keeping up the tradition of deluxe edition content being utterly worthless. 

£39.99 is pretty great for day 1 digital, though. But I prefer being able to sell it. 

Very disappointing to hear that reviews will probably be out when we’ve all already got it. 

• Upvote 1