rllmuk
Keyboard Koala

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - tonight we're gonna price it like it's 1993!

Never ever played this. Great icon therefore it must be great. Really looking forward to it. Gotta be honest, the most I've ever played a 2D Zelda is Phantom Hourglass which got me into the DS, got me into handheld gaming and got me back into gaming and Nintendo full stop and then the Wii happened and I've been full on ever since.

Despite that, I've barely played another 2D Zelda besides the original on the NES. 

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Pockets said:

I had that too, could you do me a favour and look at your shopto account and see if it shows as two orders? Worried they’re going to duplicate my order. 

Just the one order for my account.

Not that I’ll be shocked if they end up charging me multiple times because that does appear to be a risk you run with them at the moment.

4 hours ago, Stanshall said:

Never ever played this. Great icon therefore it must be great. Really looking forward to it. Gotta be honest, the most I've ever played a 2D Zelda is Phantom Hourglass which got me into the DS, got me into handheld gaming and got me back into gaming and Nintendo full stop and then the Wii happened and I've been full on ever since.

Despite that, I've barely played another 2D Zelda besides the original on the NES. 

You have a genuine treat coming your way. An absolute stone cold classic.

• Upvote 3

I've not played the original, either, but have heard nothing except good things so I'm looking forward to this. I thought ALBW was the best game on the 3DS, so if this is anything like that I'll be happy.

Fucking ZELDA, man! :omg:

• Upvote 2

Hearing the frame rate in this is a bit of a mess which is a shame. I may hold off playing it and see if it gets patched if it's as messy as people are making out considering the big selling point of this version is its visual presentation.

• Upvote 1

Has anyone's Game order changed from unshipped yet?

I got an email a couple of days ago saying it was being packaged and so far nothing. I don't buy stuff from them, so am unsure if this is normal.

Kotaku says the dungeon maker aspect is pretty weak, like as basic at it can get. Still, i hear to 100% the game you get heart pieces and seashells from playing that mode.

I'm still hoping there is some other easter eggs/extra bits added but i'm not getting my hopes up. 

I really do think the fact you don't need to keep changing your weapons is going to knock a huge chunk of playtime down but that was always a frustrating part of the game so i'm not too fussed.

1 hour ago, strider said:

Has anyone's Game order changed from unshipped yet?

I got an email a couple of days ago saying it was being packaged and so far nothing. I don't buy stuff from them, so am unsure if this is normal.

Game don’t normally ship until Thursday. I would expect to get a shipping email at some point today.

I wasn’t expecting to be too bothered by the reported frame rate issues but they're immediately noticeable upon leaving Marin and Tarin’s house. The price now becomes even more of an issue because this is sloppy by Nintendo standards.

There is quite a lot of judder, especially after leaving a house and that depth of field effect is really quite irritating but, otherwise, it looks and sounds beautiful...

Anyone had a special edition delivered yet? I'm at work so I'm hoping it will fit through the letterbox and not be chucked through a closed window or delivered to a neighbour 3 miles away.

Courier is Hermes. Is that bad?

15 minutes ago, AI1 said:

Anyone had a special edition delivered yet? I'm at work so I'm hoping it will fit through the letterbox and not be chucked through a closed window or delivered to a neighbour 3 miles away.

Courier is Hermes. Is that bad?

Mines arrived but it was sent by royal mail 24 (shopto)