The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - tonight we're gonna price it like it's 1993!

They do look nice and the book tempts me. I just suspect I would have buyer's remorse if I spent on the limited edition. The book would be nice but aside from this I would just get extra "stuff" cluttering the room which my wife would eventually move to the attic (until she thinks I won't notice her try and take it to the tip :D)

On 21/06/2019 at 05:09, the_debaser said:

For fucks sake, just realised I’m on holiday in Japan when this releases. Reckon the Jap version will have English language options? 

According to the Jp eshop, the digital game is all in Japanese.  So I suspect the physical game will also not have any English.

On 27/06/2019 at 17:16, Keyboard Koala said:

Seriously, something should be done about this by eBay.

Isn’t it the case that re-selling concert tickets at inflated prices isn’t allowed on the site?

This isn’t just some guy with a lucky score, it’s cunts turning it in a lucrative business.

Found out they did a limited run of Curse of the Moon. Go to the website - all sold out. Go to eBay there’s a load on there for at 4 time the price. Ridiculous.

It's the same with Limited Run Games who have created an entire resale industry of their own. I was interested in the Jak & Daxter special editions they were doing which then sold out immediately but are very easy to find on eBay if you don't mind paying through the nose for it. 

On 27/06/2019 at 12:18, rgraves said:

Have you played it? It's the same as 1 in that's it's bloody AWESOMESAUCE!!11!!

Besides, the Octo Expansion adds loads of single player content - it's much improved over 1 in that respect. Not that anybody cares - it's all about ranked/salmon run/turf wars baby!

It's great, but not infinite like Mario Maker :)

• 1 month later...
On 29/07/2019 at 18:38, Jamie John said:

This is currently sub-£40 to preorder at Shopto, along with some tat. Most other places are doing it at £45-50. They charge you on dispatch so I've gone with them for now.

Lovely.  Just impulse ordered this.

• 4 weeks later...

Even though I completed it a couple of times on the original hardware, I'm not watching that. I want to go in as fresh as possible. With it being 26 years since I played it there's bound to be loads of stuff I've forgotten, and that should be a good thing when it comes to games like this. It'll almost be like a brand new game!

On 20/06/2019 at 21:09, the_debaser said:

For fucks sake, just realised I’m on holiday in Japan when this releases. Reckon the Jap version will have English language options? 

Just download from the English e shop when you’re in Japan?

• 2 weeks later...

I've tried to stay completely in the dark with this and have avoided any previews or videos, so I hope it's good. Is it a like for like remake of the original, or is there extra stuff? And does anyone know how long is it, roughly? Similar to LTTP? I've not actually played the GBC original.

32 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

I've tried to stay completely in the dark with this and have avoided any previews or videos, so I hope it's good. Is it a like for like remake of the original, or is there extra stuff? And does anyone know how long is it, roughly? Similar to LTTP? I've not actually played the GBC original.

Seems to be like for like. It's a remake of the GBC version I believe so you should get the colour dungeon. The major difference is you can visit dampe to create your own dungeons.  This replaces the photo shop from the gbc game.

It probably will take 15 hours or so first play through,  presuming you dont get stuck to often. To 100% it I'd say another few hours ( collecting all the seashells).

10 hours ago, Jamie John said:

If you want to stay completely in the dark we should probably not tell you.

6 minutes ago, Chopsocky said:

I hope this thing has a Master Quest mode or something. I've replayed it numerous times so that will be the difference between picking it up at launch or later down the road. 

Yeah i hope so, because as it is their is no replay ability.

With the rise of randomizes on Zelda ROM hacks, this would have been the ideal time to have the dungeons "randomized dungeon" mode as well.