rllmuk
Keyboard Koala

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - tonight we're gonna price it like it's 1993!

2 minutes ago, deKay said:

Should have waited a couple of weeks as the UK version is on the eShop for £6 then.

Eh? I'm talking about the Megadrive cartridge version. I didn't want to wait 25 years for it.

Just now, Hanzo the Razor said:

Eh? I'm talking about the Megadrive cartridge version. I didn't want to wait 25 years for it.

McBain?

• Upvote 1

£120 on Japanese Pokemon Gold/Silver back when Nintendo games took ages to come over here. I saved up for it with my paper-round money, took them school on the last day - first Silver got nicked by someone "borrowing it" and then disappearing from School, then we went to Water World and they didn't provide us with lockers so my GBC + everything else got nicked...

I think I had my first panic attack wondering what my mum would say when I got home.

• Empathy 3

1 hour ago, Keyboard Koala said:

Remember when some N64 (like Turok) games were £80? In 1997! Best not start re-introducing them prices again.

It was 70.  Shadows of the Empire and Mario 64 were 60, and Pilotwings was 50.

Daniels in Windsor charged 90 for Streetfighter 2 on SNES when it first came out.

• Upvote 2

Conker's Bad Fur Day was £70 on release wasn't it. I waited until it came down to the much more reasonable £50 and it was the heaviest N64 cart I owned so it at least felt like I was getting value for money.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, bum said:

Daniels in Windsor charged 90 for Streetfighter 2 on SNES when it first came out.

Turok was £69.99 but also needed the memory pak expansion to save your game progress which was around £15 though.

Reading impressions of this... it maintains the grid movement of the original and not the updated movement of LBW which is a shame. Apparently for those who have recently played the original (like me) it’s really identical.

I’ll end up having to get it anyway for my son.

3 hours ago, skondo said:

Limited edition is up at Game.

Excellent, thanks for that.

..and oos again. Got to act fast to secure one of these it seems.

Edited by sofasurfer

Just now, skondo said:

Did you get one or did you miss out @sofasurfer

Hasn’t appeared at Amazon or Nintendo store yet.

Managed to get one due to your post so many thanks. Still find it strange that it hasn't appeared on the Nintendo store. All I can assume is that retailers are hedging their bets on how many they will have for sale.

3 minutes ago, gossi the dog said:

Some of the “Ultimate Editions” of games are the best part of a £100 nowadays. The Division 2 is £96 for example.

Cyberpunk 2077's Collector's Edition is £249.99!

It's getting daft, and with the sheer amount of games coming out totally unjustified, for me anyway. I consider spending £40-£50 on myself an absolute luxury. I mean there are very few pastimes as expensive as videogames.

Just now, Stanley said:

It's getting daft, and with the sheer amount of games coming out totally unjustified, for me anyway. I consider spending £40-£50 on myself an absolute luxury. I mean there are very few pastimes as expensive as videogames.

Modern board gaming says hello.

• Upvote 4

Just now, Benny said:

Modern board gaming says hello.

How many of them do you buy though? 

I'm looking at games I'd like this year and trying to budget for them, and on Switch alone I'm looking at £300+ think I need to trim my list a bit.

4 minutes ago, Stanley said:

How many of them do you buy though? 

I'm looking at games I'd like this year and trying to budget for them, and on Switch alone I'm looking at £300+ think I need to trim my list a bit.

That'll get you four of this year's board games if you're lucky.

1 minute ago, Benny said:

That'll get you four of this year's board games if you're lucky.

Bloody hell, tbh it would be more an issue of time with those for me, or rather the lack of it. 

19 hours ago, bum said:

I remember there being a shortage of Goldeneye 007 soon after launch, when people realised how good the game actually was, and second hand copies going for £70 locally in proto-CeX type shops. Good times.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Stanley said:

Is it that expensive? Shop around, trade in when done and it’s reasonable in my opinion.