Sign in to follow this  
BadgerFarmer

My book: Ideology and the Virtual City: Videogames, Power Fantasies and Neoliberalism

That sounds incredible.

I'm playing through the Division at the moment which is incredibly on the nose with it's dodgy as fuck ideological leanings, so I've been thinking about this a lot in my own (extremely limited...!) way. Would be good to get some proper insight in to the subject so... pre-ordered!

• Upvote 1

Thanks. Appreciate it.

With Zizek it was just a hopeful email and fortunately he agreed to do it. Part of my PhD was about his work, so it probably helped that I mentioned that. I've also contacted him a couple of times before about contributing to the 'One Question' series on my blog, but he's always been too busy.

It's a great quote that he's given me though. Very nice of him.

• Upvote 2

The blog looks amazing. My research is literature based (well, texts broadly as I look at films and games through a literary criticism angle) but so often end up (mis)using social and political theory. Look forward to reading the book :)

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Halkyon said:

Nice one. As a Zizek reader who works in video games this feels relevant. Can I get it from somewhere else so I don't have to give Amazon business?

It should be available elsewhere nearer the time. Amazon's the first place I've seen it.

The unfortunate truth though is that the majority of sales will be through Amazon, and getting preorders there can really affect how well it does overall.