Microsoft Rewards

stefcha

8 hours ago, ScouserInExile said:

Anyone want a game of PUBG to get the reward? Hate multiplayer ones...

Never mind, there's an easy way to do it: there's an Arcade Mode (I think) that is a small arena, first to 50 mode. I managed to fluke a kill in that. You get an achievement for it as well, if you've never played PUBG

Thanks for the heads up, had a couple of games earlier and it was hard work

Got a surprise £8 voucher for taking part in the Summer Showcase event (bought enough to fill the punch card) which coincided with a 30% discount on Little Nightmares 2 :) Was a nice little bonus. Came through as a message on the Xbox from Microsoft so might be worth checking if you've muted them in any way.

On 15/09/2021 at 22:07, ScouserInExile said:

Seemed alright to me, but I don't play these types of games, do I don't have much of a frame of reference. 

If you are on series X put it to Framerate mode. Feels like a solid 60fps

I turned off cross play and I had my first game earlier in about 2 years and it was brilliant. Far better than it used to be. Came second as well! 

Going to start playing it again regularly. 

I like trying to do the This or That quizzes without Googling. Anyway, this one is on countries that have Arabic as an official language. Djibouti and Israel both have Arabic as an official language so when it asked to pick between them it was bullshit. Djibouti was the "correct" answer.

This weeks 50/50 answers (shamelessly pinched / not compiled by me):

List ordered in Alphabetical order A, B, C.

Algeria

Bahrain

Chad

Comoros

Djibouti

Egypt

Iraq

Jordan

Kuwait

Lebanon

Libya

Mauritania

Morocco

Oman

Palestine

Qatar

Saudi Arabia

Somalia

Sudan

Syria

Tunisia

United Arab Emirates

Yemen

:).

Also this weeks "Weekly Treasure" (a simple one click for 100pts) is also up on the rewards dash. Be sure to grab it today as whilst I'm sure it used to hang around for a few days (I used to sometimes save it to cash in on the same days as my streak bonus for a bumper points day, saaaaaad!) it now seems to disappear pretty sharpish / within 24h which has led to me missing out on cashing it in a couple of times, pah!!

5 hours ago, Benny said:

I like trying to do the This or That quizzes without Googling

Yeah, I'm on a 400 day streak down and I actually quite enjoy them. The one this morning for folks on this side of the pond was which of the two beaches listed were in the northern hemisphere. Literally hadn't heard of any of them, but tried to key off the language. That kinda worked except when English sounding ones actually turned up in Aus and NZ.

11 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

Possibly useful for anyone else who keeps forgetting how many points they need:

Seeing it laid out like that, I'm half way to a 1TB drive and... a whole Series S isn't that much more. Huh. 

3 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

Does the exchange rate for US rewards work out about the same?

I'm not quite sure how your table was calculated, but $100 is 91,000 points for me if I try to cash points in. So 910 points per $, and a 1TB storage price of $233 ($220 + my local sales tax), means it comes in 212,000 points, so quite a bit less than the above. 

Unless I'm doing something wrong, you're paying for the pound = dollar stuff there, unfortunately.

1 hour ago, Ninja Doctor said:

70,200 points needed then for some god awfully coloured abomination. 

Some great ones (IMO) on here:

If I hadn’t got used to the paddles / hair trigger thingies on my Elite I’d deffo be getting one :)

13 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

Possibly useful for anyone else who keeps forgetting how many points they need:

NlfI1Dn.jpg

Thinking about getting a controller, but might hold out for the drive. About halfway there.

:o Where did you get these from? I'm looking at the store but the highest item is 45600 points for lastminute.com gift cards.

4 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

:o Where did you get these from? I'm looking at the store but the highest item is 45600 points for lastminute.com gift cards.

You just trade points for gift cards. It sort of figures out how many you have and allows you to trade them in in chunks, so 58,500 for £50, rather than forcing you to trade 5850 for £5 ten times. This is just a quick way of checking how many you need for each of the items on the list.

The gift cards expire in 3 months so you can't just keep trading them in as you go along.

That's a really handy table, thanks.

Have managed to get £145 off a Series S for the boys birthday, will focus on the 1Tb upgrade next or the wireless headset if the reviews make it seem worthwhile.

Does take a bit of effort to maximise the points haul but when you then swap them for something tangible its very... rewarding.

There's also a sale on at the moment - a fiver off some controllers and the headset, so they're potentially a bit cheaper at the mo.

I was hoping to use my points for money of an X but there's no stock and now I've got one from elsewhere, so am wondering what to go for. I don't really like playing with headphones. I do sort of need a controller but also want an expansion drive. Or a free Series S.

6 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

There's also a sale on at the moment - a fiver off some controllers and the headset, so they're potentially a bit cheaper at the mo.

I was hoping to use my points for money of an X but there's no stock and now I've got one from elsewhere, so am wondering what to go for. I don't really like playing with headphones. I do sort of need a controller but also want an expansion drive. Or a free Series S.

Definitely the expansion, obviously a Series S would be nice to have but if you don’t really need it then double the storage is a well better option IMO. 

Here's my simple rule for weekly rewards?

Does it require more than 5 mins effort.

|                    |

No                Yes

|                    |

Go for it        Fuck that

27 minutes ago, Stanley said:

I gave up on that PUBG weekly reward, fuck PUBG :lol:

9 minutes ago, Harsin said:

Here's my simple rule for weekly rewards?

Does it require more than 5 mins effort.

|                    |

No                Yes

|                    |

Go for it        Fuck that

Only took me a couple of minutes to do that one. The arcade mode thing (I think it was called that, it was like 50vs50 in a small arena) meant the first kill came along really quickly. And I'm shit at these types of games.