rllmuk
Mr Do 71

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

So..I had a quick go last night for the first time. Got to the part where you choose a tent spot and then go pick some food for a party. Next time I booted up there was an update.  When I started the game it hadn't saved any progress.

Do you manually have to save?  Only played for about 30 minutes so no real loss but just wondering for the future.

7 minutes ago, iknowgungfu said:

So..I had a quick go last night for the first time. Got to the part where you choose a tent spot and then go pick some food for a party. Next time I booted up there was an update.  When I started the game it hadn't saved any progress.

Do you manually have to save?  Only played for about 30 minutes so no real loss but just wondering for the future.

The game should be auto-saving...

15 minutes ago, iknowgungfu said:

It saves automatically. Maybe the update borked it?

This has made me wonder, if you've got Switch Online are your saves backed up automatically or do you have to activate it somehow? If my save corrupts and I lose my island 6 months in then you know imma shank a bitch.

1 hour ago, NexivRed said:

Okay, so this is what the DIY table you can build yourself is for then? You can carry it around? At the moment I’m only using Nook’s one. 

Every Nook Miles island I have visited has a stump for crafting so I don't think there is too much need to carry one with you. I have one set up outside my house just to save opening the door to Nook's ...

• Upvote 2

You know those DIY things that are in the cabinet in Nook's Cranny? If you buy them multiple times do you get random DIY recipes or are they set?

1 hour ago, b00dles said:

Please no one else take it.

Code is GD8XV

I briefly popped over. Thanks for the pears and coconuts ;)

• Upvote 1

Kitchen fans, got a couple of things in the shops you might like. opening now for a bit

image.thumb.jpeg.cb5cc7517f59e78afe2c70397ea0aa1d.jpeg

can't believe people don't all listen to blathers, his reactions to bugs especially are the best

EUCCBOgU8AA9ilS.thumb.jpeg.f569579804f6c40a957e503eb1105553.jpeg

• Upvote 5

7 minutes ago, StumpyJohn said:

can't believe people don't all listen to blathers, his reactions to bugs especially are the best

EUCCBOgU8AA9ilS.thumb.jpeg.f569579804f6c40a957e503eb1105553.jpeg

I think my favourite was him exclaiming at the “wretched common butterfly’s ability to lay 600 eggs at a time....bleuch” :lol:

It’s a welcome break from all the FUCKING PUNS. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, spanx said:

Kitchen fans, got a couple of things in the shops you might like. opening now for a bit

Omg I need that kitchen aid

12 minutes ago, spanx said:

yowzers! Coming!

which one are you again @spanx ?

15 minutes ago, spanx said:

Yeah is it friends only or can you do a Dodo code?

3 minutes ago, sir stiff_one said:

This will get buried quick but my friend code is SW-2635-4427-7892

Please feel free to add me anyone

I'll add it to the list in the first post.

4 minutes ago, sir stiff_one said:

This will get buried quick but my friend code is SW-2635-4427-7892

Please feel free to add me anyone

Added you, should be able to get in

Oh and if ANYONE gets a crafting recipe for an ironwood dresser pleeeease I’ll pay really good money for the recipe. Or the dresser

Opening up the gates. All the fruits available for picking. Anyone with yellow cosmos, feel free to drop some off but no probs either way. 

Dodode:   DMJHM

Will edit this post when closed, so it'll be open otherwise.

Closed.

Got my Sturgeon (it ends at the end of this month). It's definitely the bit of river that flows through the beach (there are rocks under the water there too). I just threw fish bait there maybe 5 times, trying on different folks islands as I wasn't getting any joy on mine. Just got lucky on Matts island. According to the Critterpedia you can get them any time of day. Weather was clear although that probably doesn't affect it. Now to get the dreaded string fish, have we established if its any upper river or just the ponds at the very top?

2 minutes ago, spanx said:

Oh and if ANYONE gets a crafting recipe for an ironwood dresser pleeeease I’ll pay really good money for the recipe. Or the dresser

Yeah it seems to be an 'ingredient' item, like the wooden blocks. The kitchenette for example needs it, grr.

I reckon we'll all have everything in a month though. 

Who needed that green sofa, and did I send it? I shipped out 17 items yesterday in some mad episode and I think I might've missed it - but thought I had missed something else too, but had sent that.

8 minutes ago, Rob Rule said:

Yeah it seems to be an 'ingredient' item, like the wooden blocks. The kitchenette for example needs it, grr.

I reckon we'll all have everything in a month though. 

Aye. One of my villagers gave me the recipe for the chopping board this evening so just after the dresser now

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Mr Do 71 said:

I'll add it to the list in the first post.

Any way of adding names to it? I don’t know if I have everyone :(

Big job for MrDo, and I think it does need names. Perhaps one of those communal spreadsheets people use elsewhere on the forum where anyone can input stuff?