rllmuk
Mr Do 71

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

10 minutes ago, drewthmsn said:

All the recipes give the same in proportion to the number of eggs. 400 per egg in a recipe, 200 on their own. 

Is that true for all recipes and ingredients? Was wondering what to do with extra stone, this would make that decision simpler!

2 minutes ago, Jackson said:

Is that true for all recipes and ingredients? Was wondering what to do with extra stone, this would make that decision simpler!

I don't know the answer to that, but I'd like to know too. I assumed it was just the egg ones 

7 minutes ago, Flub said:

I spent hours today organising my town. Almost every tree got replanted in a more spread out and pleasing configuration. Many paths were laid and objects set out. I'm in the process of shifting buildings around.

Short clip

Having the terraforming ability makes this stuff so satisfying.

Very nice! My island is so messy lol. 

3 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

WTF is a 

?

Actually, don't tell me.

Go check!

Just now, NexivRed said:

Very nice! My island is so messy lol. 

Mine was a total mess. Especially my "orchard". It took maybe 4 hours today but everything is so neat now. It's like a massive weight off my shoulders :)

2 hours ago, Alan Stock said:

I don't know if I've been unlucky but tables, counters, anything to place stuff on is like gold dust to me. I've got about 4 tables but all of them are big, no small tables and only one 1x1 stand, a bookcase I got at the start. I'm having to put stuff on cardboard boxes, stools, and log stumps. The humanity!

This reminds me how crap and behind my island is, when I look at my collection of junk on my house floor.  (Not even going to specify rooms as I still only have one :D)

I think it’s a sign of the times we are in that we are now developing anxiety about the state of our Animal Crossing homes/islands and being embarrassed to show people. 

Or is it just me? :lol: 

I don't think you're alone, there was a whole kotaku article on that very subject a few days ago. Just remember its a game you take at your own pace. People just have a lot of free time right now and some appreciate the escape of a paradise world which is a big reason why folk are hammering it. Not to mention its just a fun and addictive game which is the main reason I've been caning it!

But that doesn't mean anyone should feel bad because they haven't got as much stuff, worse designs, just starting out, or whatever. Be proud of what you accomplished on your island, look to other players for help and inspiration rather than being jealous or dissing yourself for not having spent two weeks solid on the game when its only been out two weeks. I'm not directing this at you personally but I've seen quite a few people here express their disappointment in their own state on the game compared to others, its all good folks!

It is worth pointing out also that the first 3 to 5 days are the slowest, after that you start to get way more stuff and things progress faster. Having other players to trade with and shop on their islands also massively opens up the possibilities.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Jackson said:

It is true, you always get more for created items than their combined ingredients. But, you may just want to squirrel it away until your Nooks' hot deal of the day matches up to something. For example I had a load of stone which I was doing nothing with. Then the Nooks offered to pay double price for fountains. Several fountains later and I'd turned my dusty stone store into 120k shiny Bells :)

There's a fishing tournament coming up on the 11th and it will be full of eggs.  Could they not delay it by 2 days? Writing a letter to Isabelle

25 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

@Alan Stock I'm online if you want me to collect those roses I bought from you earlier, or you can send in the post if that's easier?

Sorry just saw this, my island's open, come visit. Send in post will be an arse because I'll only be able to send 1 at a time for 200 bells a pop.

Edit - If you can't make it tonight we can do any time tomorrow

Just started sorting out my kitchen, nothing suitable for counters yet so am using a bunch of cardboard boxes!

EU34nCwUUAAcKjx.thumb.jpeg.35d92811ce12912eca3d917f0efd4dd3.jpegEU34nCoUEAE3Jrv.thumb.jpeg.35345a0577b9fbdc4e0256e3d7c82ffb.jpeg

• Upvote 7

22 minutes ago, Alan Stock said:

Sorry just saw this, my island's open, come visit. Send in post will be an arse because I'll only be able to send 1 at a time for 200 bells a pop.

Edit - If you can't make it tonight we can do any time tomorrow

Inbound!

Finally got a different fruit on a Nook Miles trip.  It's about the 20th trip I've taken.

• Empathy 1

31 minutes ago, StumpyJohn said:

Just started sorting out my kitchen, nothing suitable for counters yet so am using a bunch of cardboard boxes!

Spoiler

EU34nCwUUAAcKjx.thumb.jpeg.35d92811ce12912eca3d917f0efd4dd3.jpegEU34nCoUEAE3Jrv.thumb.jpeg.35345a0577b9fbdc4e0256e3d7c82ffb.jpeg

At least you have some consistency there. And a knife / broom rack, and an ironing board. AND AN OVEN.

Look at the state of mine! My face sums it up quite well:

EU4FfjGUcAEtORM?format=jpg&name=large

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Tomcat said:

Finally got a different fruit on a Nook Miles trip.  It's about the 20th trip I've taken.

They're not all about the fruit. The thread is still moving fast... but I posted a thing earlier.

Just now, Lyrical Donut said:

They're not all about the fruit. The thread is still moving fast... but I posted a thing earlier.

Yes, I've mostly been going there for iron and even weeds but it's nice to get a different fruit, as I don't play online, so I've been stuck with the original two plus coconuts.

I missed whatever you posted earlier - usually wake up to the thread having moved along multiple pages.

Just now, Tomcat said:

Yes, I've mostly been going there for iron and even weeds but it's nice to get a different fruit, as I don't play online, so I've been stuck with the original two plus coconuts.

I missed whatever you posted earlier - usually wake up to the thread having moved along multiple pages.

Yeah, it's understandable - here it is again, spoilered:

I feel bad for my first neighbours in the village as they have much more bare homes compared to the newcomers. Can you give neighbours wallpaper and flooring, and will they use it? Also, if you give villagers things to put in their houses, is there any way to make them get rid of it if you don't like how it looks?

4 minutes ago, Alan Stock said:

I feel bad for my first neighbours in the village as they have much more bare homes compared to the newcomers. Can you give neighbours wallpaper and flooring, and will they use it? 

This has been the case in past games, so I'd expect it in NH too. I'm still hoarding everything but I'll probably pass on some interior stuff to the neighbours soon.

I gave Felicity some glasses the other day and she wore them with pride for the rest of the day. Until she came down with that cold :(

I know they definitely use your stuff in this one, I have given fish to a few of my villagers and they have them in tanks in their houses now. Pity I chose the lamest fish ever as it was the start of the game and I was experimenting!

PS I have the bells I owe you if you want them tonight #notshady

2 minutes ago, Alan Stock said:

PS I have the bells I owe you if you want them tonight #notshady

Ha - can you pop them in the post? About to head off to bed. If not, tomorrow!

28 minutes ago, Lyrical Donut said:

Yeah, it's understandable - here it is again, spoilered:

Is there any way to increase your chances of getting a particular island or is it all entirely random? Most of the time I just get an island with my native fruit and flowers.

3 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

Is there any way to increase your chances of getting a particular island or is it all entirely random? Most of the time I just get an island with my native fruit and flowers.

I heard its about hours played , same for gold nuggets regularity but that doesn't seem right in my game. At least for the gold. Getting better islands now, sometimes  with the 

Spoiler

koi

, which are now eggs :/

9 hours ago, Weavus said:

EU2g9dIUcAAXWH2?format=jpg

Going to take me a while to get all the villagers I want into my town..

Ooh poster swaps?