the marmolade

Nintendo Direct - 13th September (11 PM BST, 12 AM CEST)

48 minutes ago, Dig Dug said:

Anyone know why VIII is absent? Yes, yes, worst Final Fantasy etc. etc. But I mean really, why? Technical reasons? Some kind of licensing issue?

1 minute ago, revlob said:

Anyone know why VIII is absent? Yes, yes, worst Final Fantasy etc. etc. But I mean really, why? Technical reasons? Some kind of licensing issue?

These are just ports of the PS4/PC versions. VIII is still yet to be re-released on either the PS4 or PC.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Bojangle said:

Its on PC, but not PS4 yet. No idea why.

I think the PC version is just the original port back from the 90s. SE have yet to make one that works properly on modern machines.

Now I’ve had the chance to go back and rewatch it without that fleeting sense of horror, disgust and betrayal, Isabelle in Smash looks like a whole lot of fun. I finally believe in that game.

5 hours ago, Comrade said:

I think the PC version is just the original port back from the 90s. SE have yet to make one that works properly on modern machines.

Nope, the one on Steam on my new machine works flawlessly and it has all the double speed and booster options that the VII and IX re-releases have.

I'm genuinely happy about FFXII. I never really got time to play it on PS2 (two jobs meant I wound up watching someone else play through it while I ate dinner) so it'll be a commute game. I'm just finishing up Okami now for the same reason.

Katamari is my highlight. Plus, I bought FFXII on the PS4 last year: I've yet to even start it. It's a definite for the Switch because at least I'll have a chance to see it through. 

• Upvote 1

What’s the score with Katamari Damacy? A new game or a port of a previous?

Although I’d probably buy either.

3 minutes ago, ZOK said:

What’s the score with Katamari Damacy? A new game or a port of a previous?

Although I’d probably buy either.

It's the first game. 

2 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

It's the first game. 

Oh, that’s not as exciting then. Well, I guess it means We Love Katamari is surely on the cards at some point, at least.

7 hours ago, freezycold said:

They'll come I'm sure. 

Can't wait to play SMB3, again. Genuinely.

There are hundreds of ways you could have done this for next to nothing over the last 30 years, at anytime you wanted. It’s been available for any Nintendo console and a cheap NES or GBA is easy to find.

Sorry to take a dump on the Direct, but nothing in Nintendo’s 2018 line-up has appealed. Mario Tennis was a stingy, low budget disappointment, Fortnite and Hollow Knight were third party. That is it for this console this year for me. Worse than Wii U.

A bunch of jpgs promising updates to c-tier franchises in 2019 isn’t inspiring.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 11
  • Empathy 2

Just watched it, not read the thread.

Holy fuck, Nintendo. Fucking smashed it - Game after game after game after game and then ANIMAL FUCKING CROSSING.

• Upvote 4
  • Empathy 1

1 minute ago, deKay said:

Holy fuck, Nintendo. Fucking smashed it - Game after game after game after game and then ANIMAL FUCKING CROSSING.

Nintendo regularly make Animal Crossing games.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5
  • Empathy 1

Just now, grindmouse said:

God bless Nintendo.

Watched the direct with my daughter so the Christmas is going to be fucking expensive.

And to think people were complaining that there were no games on the Switch :lol:

I'm about 100% confident I will buy all the Final Fantasy games despite having them multiple times (inclusive of originals).

This console is just becoming perfect. If it wern't for the slight cracks on the back (presumably from heat) I would bloomin adore the thing. I will get another one day once the issues are all gone and it's not often I consider buying the same console multiple times (as in it's only ever happened once before).

21 minutes ago, grindmouse said:

True. It'll have only been six years since the last mainline entry by the time this one comes out.

That's so short it barely even counts as time.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Before you all get too excited about the new Luigi’s Mansion for Switch, don’t forget they already spoiled the ending in the last Smash preview.

16 minutes ago, Kiwi Cake said:

True. It'll have only been six years since the last mainline entry by the time this one comes out.

That's so short it barely even counts as time.

6 years I've been playing New Leaf? Crikey, can't think of another game I'm still not bored of after 6 years

• Upvote 2