jon_cybernet

Antstream - It's Netflix for Games!

5 minutes ago, stefcha said:

5 years in the making. It's going to be one hell of a lunch.

This is why you should never start a topic on an empty stomach. 

• Upvote 3
  • Empathy 1

I'm very interested in this.

How does the licensing part work?

Have you raised any money for the project yet? I would be pretty interested to do that for you. It's also a fucking killer idea for a token/ICO, since you can head down the value chain to make sure everyone is paid correctly.

• Downvote 1

Dead link top right. 

"Antstream is available for Android & Windows soon - as soon as it is, you'll be able to use the download links below. Sign up to our mailing list below, if you'd like to be the first to know when it's available!"

I'm not sure if this is good grammar or not. Maybe change?

Screen Shot 2018-07-19 at 1.26.56 PM.png

10 minutes ago, Adrock said:

How much is it going to cost?

We’re not releasing pricing info yet, but you can expect it to be in the same ball park that other streaming services like Netflix were at launch. 

37 minutes ago, Hellcock said:

I'm very interested in this.

How does the licensing part work?

Have you raised any money for the project yet? I would be pretty interested to do that for you. It's also a fucking killer idea for a token/ICO, since you can head down the value chain to make sure everyone is paid correctly.

Essentially a similar licensing deal to Spotify. We’ve already raised quite a bit of investment, but would be happy to talk to you about it offline. As for an ICO, it’s been mentioned before and I wouldn’t rule it out for the future, but I don’t think we’d have the bandwidth as we’re not a huge team. 

30 minutes ago, Uncle Nasty said:

peter-molyneux.jpg

"Imagine a streaming service for games, but, due to licensing restrictions, all of your favourite characters have been replaced by ants"

To be honest, that’s actually better than the real reason. 

3 hours ago, jon_cybernet said:

We’re not releasing pricing info yet, but you can expect it to be in the same ball park that other streaming services like Netflix were at launch. 

Essentially a similar licensing deal to Spotify. We’ve already raised quite a bit of investment, but would be happy to talk to you about it offline. As for an ICO, it’s been mentioned before and I wouldn’t rule it out for the future, but I don’t think we’d have the bandwidth as we’re not a huge team. 

Good stuff. Are you allowed to disclose how much you've raised or from whom?

Ping me offline. I could run the entire process for you, i'm sure @Anne Summers sees the value also.

47 minutes ago, Hellcock said:

Good stuff. Are you allowed to disclose how much you've raised or from whom?

Ping me offline. I could run the entire process for you, i'm sure @Anne Summers sees the value also.

Oh yes. 

We've got some big names on board already, and are having discussions with some HUGE names (pretty much as big as they get tbh). That pretty much means something like an ICO or other unconventional fundraising is off the table for the moment. But in the future it could be an option. But yeah, lets talk on our private channels!

3 hours ago, Illyria said:

Cool! See y'all at Gamescom :hat:

Jon and myself won't be at Gamescom in person sadly but you will bump into our lovely team and in particular say hello to Danica our community manager! And if you get a hands-on with our platform don't forget to post your impressions here, please!

We should be at Play Expo if anyone is thinking of heading there?

10 hours ago, Anne Summers said:

Oh yes. 

We've got some big names on board already, and are having discussions with some HUGE names (pretty much as big as they get tbh). That pretty much means something like an ICO

PS3/4 games confirmed for the service!

(I stopped reading after that point. What do you mean, no?)

Edited by James Lyon
Edit: I forgot that Ico came out on the PS2 :(

Brave having Uridium front and centre, I love it to bits but the closest I've been able to get to having it moving smoothly is playing on the C64 stick through an old crt.

If you've found a way to solve that I'm going to be very interested in this service. Leaderboards and micro challenges sound interesting as well.

• Upvote 1

Interesting idea. I guess that you're targeting the untapped casual retro/ nostalgia crowd as opposed to the hardcore crowd and those clued up with emulator front ends, custom images etc.

I like your idea of drip feeding content, this will encourage people to continue their subs.

Pricing will be key. Whilst people pay circa £10p/m for Netflix, they may benefit from say 40 hours of content for the cost. Retro gaming time will be considerable lower. I know that mine is! I play for 3-4 hours per week, but that's down to buying a Super NT.

(out of curiosity) have you approached Nintendo at all? I'm assuming they would be a hard nut to crack as it sounds like they have something similar in the works.

• Upvote 1