rllmuk
Jug McKenzie

Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker (December 2019)

9 minutes ago, Thor said:

Vue site has crashed after payment. No email to confirm.... <_< 

Same. On the phone to them now. 16th in the queue. 

2 hours ago, Darren said:

They still haven’t shown Palps (back view of his hood doesn’t count) I still think he’s going to be

Hide contents

one of the rubbish robots from Shattered Empire (and I think they might have been in Aftermath too?)  I’m setting my expectations low on that one.

anytime a SW character comes back as a....

Spoiler

..Half robot - it a real copout in the story. Darth Maul appearing at the end of Solo - made the whole thing feel like a sub video game narrative (as if it needed much help). I can accept it in comics or games - but in the films it's a really cheap get out of jail card.

And yes I know big Darth V was a half machine - but that was the central premise of the entire six part saga - and not a cheap plot device to bring back a fan favourite character.

5 hours ago, Ivanho said:

71C3C9C1-6D2C-403E-B9BD-15A364A0A629.thumb.jpeg.ff1b0728ca665a57056da2f4adadb4b9.jpeg

Ghost, and the Colossus behind it.

Trailer looks great, time to get excited for a Star Wars Christmas!! 

Corvus from BF2 just below the Falcon there as well.

47 minutes ago, macosx said:

Everything will remind you of everything.

More specifically, it felt overly-busy, with the frame being absolutely packed to the rafters.Reminded me of when George Lucas went apeshit with CG.

• Upvote 2

My guess is Palpatine will be as powerful a representation of a Force ghost as is possible, just because anything else could wind up being convoluted and distracting, plot-wise.

And JJ ain’t got time for that shit with all the ‘membering*

*I’m okay with this btw; I still love Force Awakens even though, objectively, it’s clearly the biggest budget fan film ever made.

1 minute ago, Shimmyhill said:

Really liked the trailer!

Booking tickets for midnight showing, how come the trailer says release is 20th but you can see it on the 19th?

Trailer is quoting the US release date?

There's obviously more of a time gap between this and the previous film than there was between it and the one before that, because Chewie's had to time to change the Falcon's dish back to a more traditional circular one.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

Really liked the trailer!

Booking tickets for midnight showing, how come the trailer says release is 20th but you can see it on the 19th?

Thursday is for early previews, right? Not sure why they don’t just say it’s out in that day, but it’s pretty common. I guess they want to get the fans and geeks going on the Thursday, so the mainstream public can see it Friday to Sunday to maximise that opening weekend.

27 minutes ago, Darren said:

There's obviously more of a time gap between this and the previous film than there was between it and the one before that, because Chewie's had to time to change the Falcon's dish back to a more traditional circular one.

I think the time gap will also help with those who want the Last Jedi erased from cannon forever in that they'll have designed it in such a way that anyone who wants to ignore Last Jedi will be able to rewatch with a smooth transition between TFA and TROS.

• Empathy 1

Proper excited about this now.  Yes it’s probably a retread of ROTJ, that glimpse of the DS2 Throne Room was an obvious callback, and in the trailer a great way to troll the detractors, but I’m fine with that and can’t wait to see the whole film.

1 hour ago, Paulando said:

“anytime”...

It’s happened once, in the last few seconds of a film nobody cared about. :lol:

That particular character shouldn’t have been much of a surprise to anyone if they’ve seen Clone Wars or Rebels though.

• Upvote 2

Having now seen the correct trailer I'm pretty excited to see this!

(Disclaimer, I loved the Last Jedi and liked Ghostbusters : Answer the Call so take my excitement with a massive grain of salt.)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Unofficial Who said:

Having now seen the correct trailer I'm pretty excited to see this!

(Disclaimer, I loved the Last Jedi and liked Ghostbusters : Answer the Call so take my excitement with a massive grain of salt.)

Why?! Don’t make excuses for your tastes & opinions, they’re yours! 

• Upvote 7

The bit where Holdo's force ghost appears gave me goosebumps, as did the bit where the dying Poe hands his pilot's helmet to Rose.

• Upvote 9

Booked for IMAX for me and my youngests annual traditional Xmas Eve trip to the flicks. Done it every year since he was about 4. He is now 25 ( or will be by Dec 24th)

• Upvote 2

Not watching the new trailer, I'm just gonna wait for the big day. Friday night IMAX is sorted!

11 hours ago, Ivanho said:

71C3C9C1-6D2C-403E-B9BD-15A364A0A629.thumb.jpeg.ff1b0728ca665a57056da2f4adadb4b9.jpeg

Ghost, and the Colossus behind it.

Trailer looks great, time to get excited for a Star Wars Christmas!! 

I really don't like this shot though, it's just a load of stuff crammed in busily without thought or consideration. Pull it back and space it out better, JJ!

6 hours ago, lolly said:

Corvus from BF2 just below the Falcon there as well.

Also have the Jedi Knight and Jedi Consulars Defender class light Corvetter from SWTOR as well I just noticed, just above and behind the Falcon and a Thranta class Corvette from KOTOR.

DefenderCorvette2-TOR.jpg

1 hour ago, Joystick Chevron said:

Not watching the new trailer, I'm just gonna wait for the big day. Friday night IMAX is sorted!

I really don't like this shot though, it's just a load of stuff crammed in busily without thought or consideration. Pull it back and space it out better, JJ!

Silly goose, it’s not designed for coherence, it’s so people can play Where's Wally with spaceships and it’s working.

• Upvote 2

Having Rey and Kylo fight in the ruins of the iconic throne room from RoTJ is a fitting metaphor for what has happened to Star Wars. 

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 1