Sign in to follow this  
JoeK

Missing, presumed lost (from E3 that is...ah ha!)

So, whilst I enjoyed quite a lot of stuff from E3 and there's a fair amount of stuff I'm looking forward to, there did seem to be some notably absences....or at least stuff that I haven't noticed.

I'm busy replaying the Rocksteady Batman games at the moment - which are still just the most magnificent things - but I'm genuinely intrigued as to what the heck they're working on at the moment? Has there been any word as to what's been going on from them at all?

Like-wise, what's happened to the Darksiders 3 game? I'd have liked to see what's been happening there.

Oh, and indie-wise I'm wondering what's happened to that new game from the Paper's Please chap? Not that I'd have necessarily expected to see it at E3, but it looked genuinely intriguing! 

I'm sure there are plenty more things missing - anyone got any more they were disappointed not to see at E3?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JoeK said:

I'm busy replaying the Rocksteady Batman games at the moment - which are still just the most magnificent things - but I'm genuinely intrigued as to what the heck they're working on at the moment? Has there been any word as to what's been going on from them at all?

According to the grapevine: Superman.

I really want to know what Arkane Studios are working on. I was also hoping to see more of Jumpship's new game.

Plus the new game from the Limbo/Inside developer.

Animal Crossing. :(

56 minutes ago, JoeK said:

So, whilst I enjoyed quite a lot of stuff from E3 and there's a fair amount of stuff I'm looking forward to, there did seem to be some notably absences....or at least stuff that I haven't noticed.

Like-wise, what's happened to the Darksiders 3 game? I'd have liked to see what's been happening there.

Oh, and indie-wise I'm wondering what's happened to that new game from the Paper's Please chap? Not that I'd have necessarily expected to see it at E3, but it looked genuinely intriguing! 

I'm sure there are plenty more things missing - anyone got any more they were disappointed not to see at E3?

Sefton Hill tweeted this last week, I think they're still a way off and after Arkham Knight (which was announced too early and had a tricky launch) I don't blame them for sitting on whatever it is they're working on. 

There's some Darksiders stuff happening quite soon, I think.

• Upvote 1

I was really curious about Star Fox GP and judging by the Nintendo Direct it seems it got pulled last minute and we got to hear updated sound fx on Smash instead.

Just now, Sarlaccfood said:

I was really curious about Star Fox GP and judging by the Nintendo Direct it seems it got pulled last minute and we got to hear updated sound fx on Smash instead.

Not sure it was ever planned to be included as even the leak pointed to a 2019 release date. 

As a big fan of fighting games, Mortal Kombat XI was the big one for me.

Netherealm have also helped Rocksteady out in the past with their combat systems, so it was doubly strange to not see anything from either studio.

1 hour ago, JoeK said:

Sadly not the TMNT game that was leaked but fake :(

23 minutes ago, Sarlaccfood said:

It didn't get pulled - it didn't exist.

• Upvote 2

Given that everything else in that Canadian Walmart leak was right on the money, I was very disappointed by the complete lack of anything Splinter Cell related at E3.

I also expected at least a tease for Rocksteady's new project, but I guess they're not ready yet - I really hope it's not Superman. Partly because imho he's a terrible, boring character and partly because it's really difficult to make an interesting, fun game with him. But who knows, Rocksteady are a talented bunch!

Speaking of superheroes, I was also looking forward to seeing what the new Avengers game from Eidos is all about, hoping against hope that it won't be a fucking GaaS game. I love me some Marvel superhero-ing when done well, and ever since Hulk Ultimate Destruction I have wanted another good game with a playable ol' greenskin again. Also: no FF7R from Square, but I was looking forward to seeing The Avengers more.

Also disappointed by the absence of Metroid Prime 4. No, I don't like Smash so Nintendo literally had nothing for me this time around. Please understand.

Nowadays E3 is not the only big event to announce big new games at. We still have Gamescom, that Paris Games week thingy, and the yearly PSX event put on by Sony. My guess is that we'll see some of the games I mentioned at one of these events. I'm specifically thinking about Splinter Cell and Avengers, two games that looked like sure bets to be announced at E3 beforehand.

• Upvote 1

Not a specific game, but I was disappointed by the lack of exciting “one last thing” announcements. I think they’re really good for leaving you feeling positive about the conference and without them I feel like the often feel like they end in a vague, awkward way. I’m especially annoyed that Ubisoft, who you can normally rely on for that, just ended with nothing. 

1 hour ago, Broker said:

Not a specific game, but I was disappointed by the lack of exciting “one last thing” announcements. I think they’re really good for leaving you feeling positive about the conference and without them I feel like the often feel like they end in a vague, awkward way. I’m especially annoyed that Ubisoft, who you can normally rely on for that, just ended with nothing. 

Especially when Square Enix even made a point of saying "make sure you wait to the end!"

Ffs.

• Upvote 1

SEGA's clear lack of money to make exciting new games got depressing to the point that they're now trying to flog sonic toasters, which they also can't afford to make without a minimum of 1000 orders.

No Borderlands 3 was a bit of a let down for me (unless I missed it). Especially with the weeks leading upto E3 with regular news and speculation on the subject. 

4 hours ago, Mr Do 71 said:

Plus the new game from the Limbo/Inside developer.

Limbo - 2010

Inside - 2016

Next game - 202X probably.

Perfection takes a very long time apparently, but if they continue to produce stuff as good as Inside, then just like Team ICO's erratic release schedule, it'll be worth the wait.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, hellcock junior said:

That name sounds like it should be the most racist thing ever.

Either that or Ray Mears has been munching on something in the outback.