Plissken

Football Thread 2018/19

Poor game today in Cardiff, but felt we were the better team (appreciate that isn't saying much) and until the last minute felt like we'd squandered a good chance for three points.

But, unless someone turns Zahore's heading stats back up from 1/99 then I think goals are going to be very hard to come by.

On 17/08/2018 at 12:07, Gotters said:

you're almost making the point -  Chelsea may have signed him in a panic on the basis he's the spanish no2 so somebody else rates him, not on the basis of detailed analysis. 

using your logic Joe Hart was still the best keeper in  England until the end of last year.

Total lunacy. Can you compare the Faroe Islands 2nd best keeper for us?

Lot of positives to take today as a Fulham fan. We outplayed Spurs in patches and the new signings looked pretty good all told. Slightly puzzled we didn’t start Schurlle as he looked different class when he came on. AK47 gave a good account of himself regardless. 

Spurs has the quality to see us off pretty comprehensively but if we play like that against teams that don’t have Kane/Trippier I reckon we’ll be alright this year. 

Just now, footle said:

Are these teams meant to be good? Has everyone decided that defending is boring this year?

Football should be all about the attacking... more of this filth please!

Attacking is only fun if you’ve got people actually trying to defend. That’s three kicked over the bar from an unmarked position near the penalty spot now.

The Spurs one confused me for a minute, from a distance I thought Pochettino had insisted they tuck their boxy shirts in and pull their shorts up 90s style.

• Upvote 1