Sign in to follow this  
Keyboard Koala

Daemon X Machina - a cacophony of mechas, mechs and colours

Probably the only interesting thing from Nintendo's 2018 E3 presentation:

EDIT: Sorry, the new batch of Splatoon 2 amiibo looks pretty cool too...

DemonXMachina.jpg

Daemon X Machina was announced for Nintendo Switch during this year's E3 and features mecha design by Shoji Kawamori (Macross).

The title is a mecha game with a clear Armored Core vibe, featuring design by Shoji Kawamori who -besides his work for the Macross series- also worked on the Armored Core series.

We also get Armored Core  producer Kenichiro Tsukuda, No More Heroes character designer Yusuke Kozaki, Soul Calibur music composer Junichi Nakatsuru, alongside Ryo Hamamoto known for his work on the Tekken series.

At the helm are Monster Hunter Stories director Ken Awata and chief designer Ken Karube. 

daemon-machina-fact-sheet-rev.jpg

Debut trailer:

The game is being developed by Marvelous' First Studio using the Unreal Engine 4, and should be coming to the Nintendo Switch sometime in 2019.

• Upvote 3

Nice thread title :D 

Definitely the most interesting thing from Nintendo in my opinion - stylised visuals and massive mech battles? :wub: - more info can’t come soon enough.

– Carry a host of weapons, from laser swords to bazookas
– Can unlock new mech(a)s, pick armor, and customize for durability, mobility, and more
– Missions revolve around “Orders”; these are mercenary missions that will earn you variable amounts of money
– The orders you choose will determine how the story progresses as well as your allies
– Destructible environments
– This mainly applies to the buildings, which you can send tumbling down upon enemies if you get the timing right
– Can pick up cars and throw them, rip out sign posts and use them as swords, or pick up weapons from fallen enemies and use them
– Tsukuda wants to have hidden items on top of buildings
– Tsukuda: “We deliberately made this easy to get into, but there is depth to the gameplay as well.”
– On multiplayer: “We’re thinking about ways for everyone to play together, but we’ll introduce exactly how we plan to do that at another time.”

12 hours ago, HarMGM said:

This is getting featured on the Treehouse chat right now. Looks like Armored Core alright.

I've never played an Armored Core game. I absolutely loved Steel Battalion, Zone Of the Enders and Virtual On though; are they comparable?

Here's a rerun of the Treehouse interview:

2 hours ago, Thwomp said:

Whoa, this looks amazing!

Apart from that character customisation, if that's what it was, which appeared to consist of gluing a cardboard beard onto your teenage face.

Other that that, I'm in.

Looking forward to this. Sounds like there's quite a lot of depth to customisation, at least with weapon loadouts. 

I'm hoping for (and will pay good money for) Monster Hunter with mechs.