Halo Infinite - Now Q3 2021

Wallace

6 minutes ago, Wahwah* said:

I hope there are food stands where Master Chief can park up and get a milkshake and some fries. 

How does he eat? 

Through a straw obviously, all the food is liquified first. It would be really fun if you are forced to eat first before venturing into a level to hunt monstrous Brutes 

Sounds like a BR feature. Though I don’t think it will have a BR mode, I think it will have leftover elements from a BR mode that was developed then scrapped at some point.

Just now, Wahwah* said:

Was it in Battlefield before Battle Royale was a thing? 

BF let’s you spot enemies, which marks them on the map for your squad for a brief time. The context sensitive spotting that tells others about whatever you point at, be it a location, enemy, weapon or whatever is a BR thing which Apex added to help teams without voice comms. 

11 hours ago, Alex W. said:

I don’t think there’s any open world multiplayer, isn’t it all arena-based still?

That's all they've shown so far alright. It's probably a safe bet that they are working on a follow up to the warzone mode in Halo 5 but they haven't shown it yet because it won't be there at launch. 

The build up to this game feels very strange. It doesn't seem like the release is going to get even close to being an event the same way the Halo 3 launch was but it's practically guaranteed that way more people will play this when it launches because of Gamepass, PC availability and the free multiplayer element. 

3 hours ago, bear said:

That's all they've shown so far alright. It's probably a safe bet that they are working on a follow up to the warzone mode in Halo 5 but they haven't shown it yet because it won't be there at launch. 

The build up to this game feels very strange. It doesn't seem like the release is going to get even close to being an event the same way the Halo 3 launch was but it's practically guaranteed that way more people will play this when it launches because of Gamepass, PC availability and the free multiplayer element. 

We’re still 5 months away from release, fice it time and I’m sure the hype will begin! 

9 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Fortnite copied everything, no?

Pretty much. The original release was ludicrously close to PUBG, down to tiny things like the item use animations and the use of a circle (which seems like a standard BR thing now but was a compromise PUBG made because Brendan Greene couldn’t programme well enough to replicate the zones from Battle Royale). They added the pings and reboot van that lets you respawn dead team mates straight after Apex came out with those things. The colour coded tiered loot system is similar to Destiny (though I think they took that from LoL or something).

The only unique mechanic Fortnite has is the combination of fighting and building, which seems kind of like a happy accident that’s evolved from clever uses by the community. Even that is basically ripped from Minecraft PvP.

6 minutes ago, Broker said:

Pretty much. The original release was ludicrously close to PUBG, down to tiny things like the item use animations and the use of a circle (which seems like a standard BR thing now but was a compromise PUBG made because Brendan Greene couldn’t programme well enough to replicate the zones from Battle Royale). They added the pings and reboot van that lets you respawn dead team mates straight after Apex came out with those things. The colour coded tiered loot system is similar to Destiny (though I think they took that from LoL or something).

The only unique mechanic Fortnite has is the combination of fighting and building, which seems kind of like a happy accident that’s evolved from clever uses by the community. Even that is basically ripped from Minecraft PvP.

World of Warcraft popularized the most common colour coded tier system that's used by basically every game now (white<green<blue<purple<orange).

Diablo was one of the first to use colour coded loot, but they used a different colour scheme.

7 hours ago, Stanley said:

We’re still 5 months away from release, fice it time and I’m sure the hype will begin! 

I'm sure that once they get a release date locked down that the hype machine will kick off in a big way. Its just a bit strange that this will be the Halo game that sets franchise records for the most people to play it at launch but its not going to be a Halo 2 or 3 level event. 

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Alex W. said:

So either it’s full of Infinite spoilers or it’s already out of date?

The release date is March 2022. I sure hope any details about Infinite don't count as spoilers by then. 

I got this email just now!!!

WELCOME TO HALO INFINITE! 

MISSION

Congratulations! You’ve been chosen to participate in the upcoming Halo Infinite multiplayer technical preview this weekend, July 29 - August 1! This email is to confirm your selection and inform you that you will receive all the details for this flight, including instructions on how to download your pre-release build, in the next few days via email and Waypoint message

:omg:

check your inboxes etc

I heard a rumour that you needed to complete the PC one too, obviously not :) I tried but I needed to upload the DXiag or something which I can’t do (as I don’t have a PC) so I guess just not lucky this time around.