rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Thread Owner

2018 FIFA World Cup

Just now, Fierce Poodle said:

Can someone have a word with the camera man - I need to see a Maradona reaction shot.

They must have been told to aim away this match, for legal reasons

Just now, wev said:

Arsenal should never have sold him :facepalm:

Makes me so sad - he’s such a lovely generous player - everybody looks better who plays around him

A fine watch, that one. France could go all the way - good blend of power, pace and quality in there. 

Not sad to see the back of Argentina. Such a dirty team. How many times in this tournament have they gratefully accepted an opportunity to punt the ball into a prone opponent point blank? Messi should have retired from international football years ago.

Mbappe could help eliminate Messi, Ronaldo and Neymar on his way to the final. That would present a strong claim for undisputed new star of football but I’m sure Jesse Lingard will overshadow him in the final.

• Upvote 2

My God. That Pavon goal. I hit one like that once. The difference was, mine hit a fat guy on the head who was asleep on the beach, Pavon's span in. Wowsers. Goal of the tournament.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, hmm said:

A fine watch, that one. France could go all the way - good blend of power, pace and quality in there. 

Not sad to see the back of Argentina. Such a dirty team. How many times in this tournament have they gratefully accepted an opportunity to punt the ball into a prone opponent point blank? Messi should have retired from international football years ago.

He did!

I imagine he will again this evening. 

1 hour ago, the_debaser said:

You don’t have to defend every player who has ever played for Man U you know. 

What about Paul Parker. He never did anything to anyone. A thorougly nice chap.

Really didn't understand Argentina's tactics in that game.  Their squad is top heavy in the strikers department, so the manager decided not to play any of them.  They opted for a more defensive formation and still let in 4 goals, playing a high defensive line when France have some pacey forwards.

France played well throughout whilst Argentina never had any flow to their game and relied on individual talent to score their goals.

12 minutes ago, DC LEMON said:

Mbappe could help eliminate Messi, Ronaldo and Neymar on his way to the final. That would present a strong claim for undisputed new star of football but I’m sure Harry Maguire will overshadow him in the final.

13 minutes ago, hmm said:

Messi went on holiday again with his family that he doesn't get on with. Didn't choose any of it. Just got annoyed every night but didn't say 'owt. Got home thought "never again". 

• Downvote 1
  • Empathy 1