rllmuk
CovisGod

RⒶGE 2 - Explosions by Avalanche Studios

16 minutes ago, Dark Soldier said:

I do struggle to understand those who are having issue with the driving. Its very, very easy.

So does that mean the controls aren't shitty? Many reviews say they are. 

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Stevie said:

So does that mean the controls aren't shitty? Many reviews say they are. 

I've not had an issue with out and out driving. Its just RT accelerate, LT brake, B handbrake. Y is a dodge move and A is boost. 

It feels ever so slightly clunky but not to the point where I'm falling off cliffs or flipping the vehicle. You just have to brake sometimes. The vehicles have heft.

Vehicle combat is lock on so is insanely easy.

I did that mission early on that takes you through a sewer and it felt very Doom to me which is obviously a very good thing. I'm liking this a lot. It does exactly what I wanted it to.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Gizamaluke said:

I did that mission early on that takes you through a sewer and it felt very Doom to me which is obviously a very good thing. I'm liking this a lot. It does exactly what I wanted it to.

Yeah it does get very Doom when you're in enclosed spaces with a lot of enemies.

9 hours ago, Hello Goaty ♥ said:

I used Keyboard and Mouse for years.

I stopped doing so in most PC Games when Microsoft sorted their drivers for the Xbox 360 pad.

Don't get me wrong I still use Keyboard and Mouse now and again, but I use my PC as a console mostly with Pads.

This is me totally as well and I'm a lazy sod so it's win/win.

• Upvote 2

I didn’t realise this is only 1080p on One X and Pro. Bit disappointing that there’s no HDR either. I’m a bit more lenient on games if they’re not amazing but a bit of a tech showcase. 

Since Just cause 2 I’ve felt like Avalanche are an amazing studio that just need a bigger budget or something. Like they’re so close to making a stunner but keep missing. A bit like Guerilla pre Horizon Zero Dawn. 

That Jimpressions video is spot on with the weak points of this game. The town hubs in this are shockingly bad.

As for the driving, has anyone tried the Nippa bike, handling is pure comedy.

The graphical diversity in this game is incredible at times. There’s a bit where you watch a space station come through the atmosphere and slam down in front of you in, booster rockets and smoke everywhere, glass shattering. Incredible.

Then you walk around a bit and look at a big stretch of water that’s flat textured and doesn’t move or get to the swamp area and watch PS3 era trees get drawn in in front of your eyes and it looks bland as bland can be.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Kiwi Cake said:

Yeah it does get very Doom when you're in enclosed spaces with a lot of enemies.

From the footage I've seen it strikes me that it would be a much better game if it were a pure linear shooter.

I think Jims video highlights a few grumbles, and I have found myself clearing a base and spending time looking for collectibles to complete at the end, but hey its symptomatic of all open world games by developers, assassins creed, far cry etc. its just the way it is.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, deerokus said:

From the footage I've seen it strikes me that it would be a much better game if it were a pure linear shooter.

It would be a better shooter, perhaps. As someone who's really enjoying the open world it'd be a worse game for me.

13 hours ago, Len said:

This is me totally as well and I'm a lazy sod so it's win/win.

I'm in the same club. Very few Pc Games I play are with KB&M its 99% Xbox One pad.

• Upvote 1

I flick between the two. Depends how I feel. Sometimes it's quite nice to have the accurate control a mouse offers and feel like a badass, but other times I just want to kick back. My PC is hooked up to a 40" 4K monitor and a 24" Gsync monitor on the same corner desk so it just depends whether I want to sit in my chair hunched over a desk, or turn it 45 degrees, recline it and pull out a foot stool.

Eurogamer's review is interesting. Sounds like the gunplay is fantastic, but everything else is totally "meh" with a bland by-the-numbers open world, and buggy and glitch to boot. 

I'll wait until it's super cheap.

Just now, Thor said:

Eurogamer's review is interesting. Sounds like the gunplay is fantastic, but everything else is totally "meh" with a bland by-the-numbers open world, and buggy and glitch to boot. 

This is the gist I'm getting from various videos and whatnot. The gunplay looks awesome but I'm not sure I can be arsed with the the padding.

I've had one glitch, where I exited a car as I handbraked to a stop and exited with insane force that launched me about a mile through the air in third person and then I died.

Was actually entertaining.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Thor said:

I wouldnt bother tbh. You'll have missed nothing esp. if on console.

Well, it actually appeals to me, looks like it might scratch the Mad Max itch, and I enjoyed that game a lot.

42 minutes ago, Thor said:

Well, it actually appeals to me, looks like it might scratch the Mad Max itch, and I enjoyed that game a lot.

That was one of my favourites from last year and but this is worse both game play and gfx on console than the 4K update for that game.

the ONLY thing decent is the sporadic shooting. The convoys and car combat,  empty world etc.  are worse than MM's. Woeful in all respects.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Fair enough. I'll keep an eye on Days Gone then. 2019 has been rather disappointing for gaming so far... :( 

28 minutes ago, Hello Goaty ♥ said:

Haven’t played Mad Max you know. Hopefully will go and get it soon now.

Mad Max is good but gets very samey very quickly. Chum Bucket is great, mind.

40 minutes ago, Hello Goaty ♥ said:

Haven’t played Mad Max you know. Hopefully will go and get it soon now.

11 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Mad Max is good but gets very samey very quickly. Chum Bucket is great, mind.

Mad Max has charm. Its the perfect game if you suffer from insomnia. It's a really chill game, very soft on the eyes and ears but also quite fun.

1 minute ago, Stevie said:

Mad Max has charm. Its the perfect game if you suffer from insomnia. It's a really chill game, very soft on the eyes and ears but also quite fun.

Oh I caned the fuck out of it up to the position by I realised I'd still got another ten+ hours to go and it kinda fell by the wayside. Tempted to resintall it, mind.