Pob

MCU Phase 4 and beyond - Infinity War spoilers no doubt

Phase 3 ends with Ant-Man & The Wasp, Captain Marvel and Avengers 4.

After that, we know that Spider-Man 2 (or 7, depending which way you look at it) and GOTG3 are in production for Phase 4. What else will we get? A Doctor Strange sequel and a Black Widow standalone are possibilities. Black Panther 2 is a certainty. Thor seems to have a new lease of life so I'm sure he'll pop up in some form in between Avengers movies.

The Fox acquisition is still in flux and Kevin Feige says that Phase 4 will be focused on characters they have the rights to until anything is confirmed.

Spider-Man Homecoming 2 is coming out July 2019, two months after Avengers 4 in May 2019.  This will possibly prevent a marketing conundrum if they want to advertise the film prior to the release of Avengers 4 (since any marketing would surely give away somewhat of the outcome of Avengers 4).  They could attach a trailer to the end of Avengers 4 although in this day and age, no marketing materials released before 2 months before release is cutting it quite fine.  Be interesting how they  deal with this, made more complex since Sony are the releasing studio and probably do not really care too much about preventing Avengers 4 spoilers. 

They could make a fake trailer with Peter Parker swapped for Miles Morales, and then cause the entire internet to explode by appearing to swap a PoC for a white actor at the last minute.

• Upvote 1

The biggest question is what they'll do when Stan Lee shuffles off this mortal coil.

1. They've filmed contingency cameos for at least 5 films with every conceivable Marvel character in case they decide to make a film out of them.

2. Uncanny valley CGI Stan Lee ala Peter Cushing in Rogue One

3. Try and make someone else from Marvel the next cameo man

4. Hastily tipp-ex the moustache on a Groucho Mark disguise and make a stunt man wear it.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, LeighCb said:

Hide contents

His final cameo should be him turning to dust after the snap and driving a bus full of kids off a bridge.

You know what

Spoiler

Maybe they should have done that (minus the kids thing). Shown Stan drifting off as dust, then coming back when they sort it all out and that's it for his cameos. 

1 hour ago, Mr Cochese said:

Phase 4 introduces Doom, and then all the subsequent films build up to Doom tooting on Namor's horn at the end of Phase 6.

Rumours are that Atlantis is the enemy in Black Panther 2, opening the door for Namor to become an anti-hero. No idea if this is true or not, but we did get the Shield icon on that map that was in the middle of the sea in Iron Man 2, so......

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Mr Ben said:

Rumours are that Atlantis is the enemy in Black Panther 2, opening the door for Namor to become an anti-hero. No idea if this is true or not, but we did get the Shield icon on that map that was in the middle of the sea in Iron Man 2, so......

I would love that. Namor is such a magnificent dickhead.

2 hours ago, Harsin said:

The biggest question is what they'll do when Stan Lee shuffles off this mortal coil.

1. They've filmed contingency cameos for at least 5 films with every conceivable Marvel character in case they decide to make a film out of them.

Why would they need the actual characters from the movies? Just film a bunch of short clips of him in generic uniforms and locations going “Hey!” at nothing and Work them in.

7 minutes ago, Harsin said:

05c.jpg

They could even do the bit where he's been living as a vagrant in NYC for decades until Johnny Storm cures his amnesia by tripping over him. Though maybe then he'd look too much like Aquaman actually looks in Justice Club.

4 hours ago, Harsin said:

They sort of have done this. They've got a few movies worth filmed.

Now the Disney sinkhole has absorbed all things mutant I presume we’ll get many years of mutants, Fantastic Four and Galactus.

Having said that it’s the writing and direction that make Marvel heroes. If you’d said years go that Iron Man and the Guardians of the Galaxy would be heading the most popular movies of the 21st Century you’d have been laughed out of Comic Con.

With that in mind I wouldn’t be surprised to see Dazzler and Wonder Man heralding the coming of Phase 4.

• Upvote 1

I just want FF and Doom done properly that'll make me happy. Just use Hickmans Fantastic four and FF run as the basis. 

Whilst it's not looked back on fondly, the whole scale of Infinity War reminded me so much of Secret Wars. I would chuffing love a film of that, complete with spinoffs for Colossus and Ben Grimm/The Thing. Secret Wars 2 could then take over Agents of Shield and the Defenders. Will always have a huge soft spot for Secret Wars as it was my first entry into superhero comics. (Along with the dream pairing of SpiderMan and Zoids).

The good thing about the Marvel set up is that if actors like Hemsworth want to continue but to dial back a bit then you can just have them as part of ensemble movies rather than having to headline their own franchise (Thor 4 for example).  If you are Danial Craig and have to pump out a Bond every 2 years then puts a crimp in what else you can do.  If you can pop up as part of an ensemble movie every few years (think Hugh Jackman's cameos) then it really allows you to remain part of a franchise for a long time.  I can therefore see Marvel retiring some franchises such as Thor, Iron Man, Captain America etc. but for the time being keeping the actors about to pop up in Avenger or other Marvel Movies (Banner in Thor Ragnarok).  It takes the pressure off individual actors to carry an entire franchise but allows fan favourites to continue to pop up now and then.  

• Upvote 1

Can we start speculating on who will be Wolverine yet? Tom Cruise is pretty short.

Or what X-Men stories they'll do after the Phoenix Saga has been done to death - my money is on Murderworld, with Ed Sheerans as Arcade.

12 minutes ago, womblingfree said:

The only person I can see playing Logan other than Hugh Jackman is already playing Thor.

No way, he's way too tall to play Wolverine! That would be some kind of weird bizarro Wolverine :lol: Dinklage is closer to what Wolverine actually looks like in the comics than Hemsworth