Pob

MCU Phase 4 and beyond - Infinity War spoilers no doubt

Vinnie Jones reprising his role as Juggernaut. David Beckham as himself making an ironic ad playing Guardian of the LA Galaxy. 

• Empathy 1

Captain Britain could be an amazing movie, in the right hands (most certainly NOT Guy Richie's). You've got magic, the Multiverse, Roma, Merlyn, the Captain Britain Corps, Jim Jaspers and the Fury.

Brian could mention his siblings with a wink to the camera as they're both mutants and cameos by Captains Cymru and Albion.

• Upvote 1

Is Captain Britain anything to do with Union Jack? Still waiting for him to get into the MCU as a way of introducing vampires and the horror elements which can then lead to a Blade reboot. 

1 hour ago, Azrael said:

Is Captain Britain anything to do with Union Jack? Still waiting for him to get into the MCU as a way of introducing vampires and the horror elements which can then lead to a Blade reboot. 

Why wouldn’t they just start with a Blade reboot? He’s far more famous with the general public thanks to the Snipes movies. 

I’ve got a weird feeling they’re going to do the darker Marvel stuff (Ghost Rider, Morbius, Blade, Moon Knight, Man-Thing etc.) in a similar way that they did The Defenders on Netflix - as a series of interconnected shows, only on the new Disney streaming platform instead. It’d be a good way to drum up some interest, and apart from Ghost Rider appearing on Agents of Shield, it’s a section of the universe that’s largely untouched in the MCU. 

Technically Union Jack has already been in the MCU. The British member of Captain America's gang in the First Avenger was James Falsworth, who was the first Union Jack.

• Upvote 7

13 minutes ago, Protocol Penguin said:

Just discovered that GotG3 isn't going to happen... Surely GotG2 wasn't a flop, let alone large enough flop to warrant cancelling its sequel?

Bit out of the loop, mate?

• Upvote 7

21 minutes ago, Protocol Penguin said:

Just discovered that GotG3 isn't going to happen... Surely GotG2 wasn't a flop, let alone large enough flop to warrant cancelling its sequel?

I imagine Guardians 3 will happen at some point.  Perhaps just not when it was intended to. They may also have to retool it depending of if certain actors refuse to return. 

16 hours ago, Harsin said:

You ain’t getting Morbius. He’s Jared Leto in a Sony film.

Oh yeah! I forgot. I hope they make him super disco. They could just pretend he got bit in the 70’s. 

CC166B2F-2CA8-4E38-B250-AE99493411F2.thumb.jpeg.9c7197cbef1f7d968329b08b1e8b2987.jpeg

3 minutes ago, LowCostMonkey said:

Well whatever happens, doesn't look like [the current] Captain America will be part of it :(

Captain America actor Chris Evans to 'retire' from role

He probably is, but all these news stories come from that single tweet.  If the character survives I am sure this retirement is nothing that a Robert Downey sized pay cheque can't resolve. 

Since the roadmap came out, I’d always felt we would probably be losing Downey Jr and Evans at the end of this phase. Maybe others too, but I always thought those two would finish. 

• Upvote 1