Pob

MCU Phase 4 and beyond - Infinity War spoilers no doubt

1 hour ago, Mr Cochese said:

The problem with Mads Mikkelsen as Doom is that Deadpool would know it was the same guy as from Dr Strange and keep pointing that out.

That's surely not a problem but a big big argument in favour of doing it!

1 hour ago, whizzo said:

I was under the impression that f4 and therefore doom rights wouldn't go to marvel. Has that changed?

Disney is in the process of buying Fox but it hasn't been finalised yet. which means.... PREPARE YOURSELF TO BE NULLIFIED

15 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

That's surely not a problem but a big big argument in favour of doing it!

Yeah, I'm be totally down with that.

Some company has the rights to Fantastic Four, but Fox basically has an exclusive option to make films on behalf of that company. I've seen Kevin Feige allude to this, saying there are potential properties that would involve negotiations with a third party.

19 minutes ago, Stigweard said:

Deadpool in the MCU means every time he swears he gets bleeped out haha

With Deadpool going "why the :bleep:  am I getting bleeped out?! Oh yeah, :bleep:ing Disney" It could work, especially if he still gets his own R-rated solo movies.

16 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Constantin have F4 rights. Not to be confused with the blond English smoker from the other side. 

Well that sucks :( Getting the FF villains and side characters was by far the most exciting thing about the Fox buy-out. I don't know how many agree with me, but the overeXposed X-folk are just a nice bonus to have. Let's hope Disney buys whoever and whatever is necessary to get Doom and Galactus!

• Upvote 1

If you had the rights to any Marvel character, why would you not just let Kevin Feige integrate them into the MCU and sit back and watch the cash roll in?

I have absolutely no doubts that Disney will eventually get all their characters back. Got to say, a multi-movie storyline involving Fantastic Four, Doom, Galactus and Silver Surfer would fill me with glee.

But, quite honestly I'm happy enough to wait - for me at least, Marvel have generated enough goodwill with these films that I'm perfectly happy to see whatever they dig up really. There's not been one of them that I haven't enjoyed enormously - and I'm including Iron Man 2 and Thor 2 in that :P

• Upvote 1

That's good news, as she's a great character! But Kamala Khan is Ms Marvel, not Miss Marvel.

Not to be confused with Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers, formerly Ms Marvel).

Or Supergirl (Kara Danvers... sometimes).

Or Captain Marvel (Mar-Vell).

Or Rogue (who has Captain Marvel's powers).

Or Captain Universe (who once gave Spider-Man his powers).

Or Shazam (formerly Captain Marvel).

Or Shazam (the wizard who gave Shazam his powers).

Or Mary Marvel (Shazam's - that is, Captain Marvel's - sister).

Or Captain Marvel Junior, Tall Marvel, Hill Marvel, Fat Marvel, or Hoppy the Marvel Bunny (really).

And not Miss Martian either. (I don't think there's a Ms Martian or a Captain Martian).

Hope that clears that up!

• Upvote 6

31 minutes ago, Nick R said:

That's good news, as she's a great character! But Kamala Khan is Ms Marvel, not Miss Marvel.

Not to be confused with Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers, formerly Ms Marvel).

Or Supergirl (Kara Danvers... sometimes).

Or Captain Marvel (Mar-Vell).

Or Rogue (who has Captain Marvel's powers).

Or Captain Universe (who once gave Spider-Man his powers).

Or Shazam (formerly Captain Marvel).

Or Shazam (the wizard who gave Shazam his powers).

Or Mary Marvel (Shazam's - that is, Captain Marvel's - sister).

Or Captain Marvel Junior, Tall Marvel, Hill Marvel, Fat Marvel, or Hoppy the Marvel Bunny (really).

And not Miss Martian either. (I don't think there's a Ms Martian or a Captain Martian).

Hope that clears that up!

:quote:

IMG_8945.JPG.d3e487d5b83ba45890c401e6fc2243e4.JPG

• Upvote 3

I thought infinity wars pt 2 was filmed back to back with the first?

Phase 4 will be:

Antman and Wasp

Miss Marvel

Avengers Infinity Wars part 2

They can't fit much else in. 

1 minute ago, Stevedave said:

I thought infinity wars pt 2 was filmed back to back with the first?

Phase 4 will be:

Antman and Wasp

Miss Marvel

Avengers Infinity Wars part 2

They can't fit much else in. 

Ant-Man and The Wasp, Captain Marvel and next Avengers are still Phase 3.

• Upvote 1

I don't like the idea of a post thanos MCU without someone like Kang or Galactus there. It's going to take them ages to make a decent fantastic four again, I think they should side step FF and focus on one of the main bad guys first. 

Phase 4:

Spider-man

Black Panther

and another Hulk duo film - they still don't have the rights to do a solo one.

Oh and the Thor vs Beta Ray Bill story is setup already. 

Beyond that Evans is done playing Cap after part II correct? 

Phase 4 will likely have 2 Spiderman, Black Panther and Doctor Strange films and another Guardians to complete the trilogies for those. Plus another Ant-Man film. 

After Ragnorock I want another Thor film. With Beta Ray Bill. 

If the Fox deal is done  (Not been keeping up with that) then I assume we'll get a Fantastic 4 film and something X-Men related. 

Black Widow may get her solo film; with Hulk. 

Then there's still Namor, Blade, Moon Knight, Nova (Corps), She-Hulk, Silver Surfer, Adam Warlock, Man-Thing, Captain Britain and Union Jack that all have film series potential. 

My dream Phase 4 film is Brian and Betsy Braddock hanging out in their footballer’s wives style Essex manor, fighting off carnies and other undesirable sorts with powers bestowed by Merlin, the local drunk.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ChewMagma said:

Thor 2 was great, people are nuts

D'ya know, I wasn't a massive fan of it theatrically.

It wasn't until my wife begged me to watch it with her, when it was on TV a couple of Christmases ago, that I realised it's fucking hilarious.