Qazimod

PS Plus April 2018 (3/4/18) - Mad Max and Trackmania Turbo (PS4), In Space We Brawl and Toy Home (PS3), 99 VIDAS (PS Vita), Q*Bert Rebooted (multi)

We have a fresh line-up of PlayStation Plus games for you to enjoy. You can download the following from 3rd April:

Mad Max

Honestly speaking, it’s amazing that George Miller’s influential Mad Max series didn’t find a footing in the gaming world sooner. Vast open wastelands, outlaw bandits, over-the-top action and petrol-guzzling battle cars… it’s a perfect fit.

Happily, in 2015, it actually happened and the results are… well, everything you’d expect. Gritty protagonist Max – the ‘Road Warrior’ – embarks upon a journey through a lawless post-apocalyptic world in search of supplies, solace and an even sweeter ride.

Build your own rugged, off-road dirt car and take it for a spin around the wastes of a scorched future Australia. Like any good apocalypse, there’s precious scrap and crafting materials lying everywhere, so knock over a few bandit strongholds, steal some supplies and power-up for the ever greater dangers lurking out there.

Trackmania Turbo

Staying squarely with the theme of over-the-top vehicular mayhem, second in our April line-up is mad-cap racer and all-round affront to Newtonian Laws, Trackmania Turbo.

A one-of-kind experience, Ubisoft’s outlandish arcade racer exists in a strange twilight zone between high-speed racing romp and rollercoaster simulator. In real terms, that means break-neck speeds, impossible loop-the-loops and the kind of ramp-to-ramp jumps that’d make Evel Knievel stand up and cheer.

There are four distinct environments, over 200 tracks, 16-player multiplayer and even a ‘track builder’ mode where you can create your own improbable circuits. What’s more, Trackmania Turbo also boasts support for PS VR for those who want to get even closer to the action.

Anything else?

As usual, there’ll be two additional titles apiece for both PS3 and PS Vita. If we do the sums, the final line-up works out like this:

Mad Max (PS4)
Trackmania Turbo (PS4)
In Space We Brawl (PS3)
Toy Home (PS3)
99 VIDAS (PS Vita)
Q*Bert Rebooted (PS3/PS4/PS Vita)

All these games will be available for PS Plus members to download from PlayStation Store on 3rd April. Between then and now, there are a still a few days left to pick up any titles you missed from last month’s line-up.

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2018/03/28/your-playstation-plus-games-for-april-are-mad-max-and-trackmania-turbo/

99 Vidas could be a lot of fun. :) Also I think that Trackmania is the one with the VR patch, so I may have a look at that...

• Upvote 5

Ha was thinking the other day I wouldn't mind giving mad Max a go and kept meaning to buy trackmania, servers should hopefully be popular with it going on plus too.

Is toy home a bit like toy commander?

Mad Max is fantastic. Not flawless - its repetition and jarring copy-paste "bosses" are big flaws - but the visceral melee, interesting story development, NPCs, vehicular combat and miserable world give it a certain "thing". Give it a chance.

• Upvote 1

Pleased with Mad Max and Trackmania. Loved the Trackmania open beta, was waiting for it in a sale which never seemed to happen, so this is great.

Yeah, Mad Max is excellent. I'd have the platinum if it weren't for one of the trophies actually being "Complete these 200+ esoteric challenges that aren't tracked elsewhere".

Very satisfying, and a must play for anyone who enjoyed Fury Road even a little bit.

Pro tip: The in-game music is ok, but stick the Fury Road soundtrack on Spotify while you play for Maximum Max.

• Upvote 4

Very good month (again). As before I have the main game I'm interested in already (in this case Trackmania). Actually need to play that game again. Not tried it since I got a Pro.

I never got drawn into MM (too similar to Shadow of Mordor but not quite as good), but it is a very good game and an excellent PS+ addition.

OOH.  Trackmania leaderboards would be good fun.  I play it on the xbox (think it might have been given away fairly recently).  Great game.

43 minutes ago, Theholyhogg said:

Purchased trackmania when it first came out incredible game 

Maybe time to fire up the old online thread @p1nseeker??(that lasted two rounds):lol:

Lol. Don’t hold your breath on that one

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, shirubagan said:

I just started playing Mad Max on Xbox Game Pass. Seems very good. 

same here, except i think it's terrible, although that might just be the start...

• Empathy 1

What's this fuckery about Mad Max being shit? It's ace! Though if you're on an open world kick already with something else, stay away until you've given yourself a breather and then dive in. 

• Upvote 1

Mad Max really is an extreme example of Open World: The Game, I can totally see why some would bounce off if the smartly implemented Mad Max setting by itself isn't enough.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Kirby said:

I consider it a Michael Bay style blockbuster, with one-dimensional characters and almost no narrative exposition. It failed to capture the unsettling atmosphere of the Mel Gibson original.

Kirby, you're full of hot air.

• Upvote 5