Sign in to follow this  
mdn2

Mark of the Ninja Remastered

Yeah, but why not both? More choice is never a bad thing and at least it gives non 360 owners a chance to play it as well. 

Mark of the Ninja is great, but I'm unsure what there could possibly be to 'remaster' about it, as its pin-sharp spritework and perfect controls didn't really leave anything to improve!

Nice to have a portable version, at least, but I rinsed it the first time round, so may be giving this a miss. 

• Upvote 2

Wow. That looks like fun....does it play quite smoothly?  Usually with stealth games I spend a stupid amount of time waiting to strike for fear of catastrophic consequences to my progress in a level. This looks like there has a bit of “flow” to it. 

24 minutes ago, iknowgungfu said:

Wow. That looks like fun....does it play quite smoothly?  Usually with stealth games I spend a stupid amount of time waiting to strike for fear of catastrophic consequences to my progress in a level. This looks like there has a bit of “flow” to it. 

Some levels require thought, as to how to approach them.

Just saw I've been given this for free on Steam because I must have bought the original for a pound a few years ago. No doubt it'll be £15+ on Switch.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I played through it a couple of times on 360, but could be tempted to go back, especially with a few added bits and bobs.

It's really a fantastic game. And so is Klei's Invisible Inc., for anyone who hasn't tried that.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, BadgerFarmer said:

Invisible Inc.

Everything about that is bang up my street on paper, yet I've started it three or four times and barely passed the tutorial without leaving it be. Bizarre really. I'd love to know why it just doesn't click.

42 minutes ago, GamesGamesGames said:

Everything about that is bang up my street on paper, yet I've started it three or four times and barely passed the tutorial without leaving it be. Bizarre really. I'd love to know why it just doesn't click.

No idea, but I've seen quite a few people say the same.

I think it's a shame though, and I'd suggest giving it more time to show its stuff. It's one of my most played games in recent years and I still go back from time to time for another run through despite having done everything possible already.

• Upvote 1

What does remastered actually mean? Same game with nicer visuals?

I really enjoyed this on the 360 (i think) but not sure if i want to play the same game again?

Mark of the Ninja Remastered comes to Xbox One on October 9th for US $19.99 or your regional equivalent.

As a thank you to owners of the original, Klei has announced that those that own the base game will be able to pick up the remaster for $4.99 and those who own the base game + Dosan's Tale DLC will receive the upgrade for the low, low price of free!

Sweet. :D

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Pockets said:

Just saw I've been given this for free on Steam because I must have bought the original for a pound a few years ago. No doubt it'll be £15+ on Switch.

24 minutes ago, Don Wiskerando said:

FREEEEE

Love when this happens.  I'll replay this remaster on Steam.  I absolutely loved this game when I completed it on the 360 many years ago.

• Upvote 2