Sloth

Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 - When you're alone and life is making you lonely, You can always go, Nuketown!

1 minute ago, Phil said:

And if it's like Black Ops 3 it's still got wall-running and boost jumping... not quite sure how that's 'boots on the ground'.

It doesn't have wallrunning or 'boost jumping'. These things weren't featured in the trailer and they even specified as much on stage. 

Just now, Mr Do 71 said:

Saving it for E3?

Possible, but they'd be showing it amongst 100's of other Battle Royale modes then. They had the spotlight all to themselves just now. Oh well, I'm sure DICE don't mind. :p

7 minutes ago, Phil said:

And if it's like Black Ops 3 it's still got wall-running and boost jumping... not quite sure how that's 'boots on the ground'.

• Upvote 1

That multiplayer trailer does nothing for me unfortunately. Nice colour palette though I'll give it that.

Was hoping for more of the same (Big Black Ops 3 fan) and it looks like it'll hit the spot. Apparently 5v5 now instead of the traditional 6v6. Disappointed they hyped the Blackout reveal but no gameplay was a let down there. Zombies does nothing for me.

Rllmuk can sleep easy tonight; knowing that it won't be used as my scoreboard dumpster! :lol:

(I laugh but I cry on the inside)

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, VN1X said:

It doesn't have wallrunning or 'boost jumping'. These things weren't featured in the trailer and they even specified as much on stage. 

Fair enough, my bad. I didn't watch the presentation just the trailer and it was so similar to 3 (same operators too?) that I just got the impression it was BO3.5

Looks identical to black ops 3.

"boots on the ground" 

Shows vertical grappling hook :lol:

Not for me. Interested in their take on battle royale though, will watch that with interest. 

According to some reports this won't have a season pass. Thank the heavens if true! (pre-order redeemed lol)

I'll probably end up as the only one playing the regular mp over here but this map looks fucking lush! 

1 hour ago, VN1X said:

According to some reports this won't have a season pass. Thank the heavens if true! (pre-order redeemed lol)

You'll have to buy them at full price when each one releases instead!

• Empathy 1

7 minutes ago, KriessG said:

Ahh that's a shame as I wanted to squad up but I will probably get it on PS4.

WIll you do the same for Battlefield then? I can never squad up with random forumites (except for @pulsemyne:hug:) as everyone always ends up with the console versions. :(

Yea all my online friends are on PS4 this gen.

I've got a Shadow Tech subscription now so if I see either cheap later this year I may double dip to try out some PC gaming.

I’m in as I am every year.

I got my money’s worth out of WWII but the snipers spoilt it and broke certain maps. Never mind boots on the ground, snipers out of the game would be better. The jumpy jump speedy speed of BO3 is what kept the sniping and quick scoping bearable.

Considering that the traditional campaign is out I wonder if they'll show the BR mode at E3 instead? I fear that it'll be a while until we see proper footage of that though. 

1 hour ago, grindmouse said:

So COD boots-on-the-ground meets Siege/OW -  with longer TTK and Battle Royale.

This is intriguing. I say this every year though.

Where did you see the longer TTK? Did I miss the mention of it in the reveal?

5v5 with medics, barrier builders etc doesn't seem typical COD to me, they've definitely aimed for more team play. I'd say it is influenced by Siege and Overwatch, which if they get it right is a good thing. I wouldn't expect 'amazing progressive' but I see progress.

5 vs 5, 150 health, longer ttk, fog of war mini map, boots on the ground not wall running, boost jumping, unique gun attachments and loadouts, a more tactical team approach.

thanks for listening

day one

• Upvote 3

41 minutes ago, KriessG said:

Where did you see the longer TTK? Did I miss the mention of it in the reveal?

Watched a few gameplay vids and it was mentioned. Apparently there are gunfights now rather than being one-hit shot from your flank, which ruined WWII for me.

The way they announced battle royale mode on stage was pretty funny and I think it sets the tone of how marketing departments from other companies will explain their battle royale modes for the next year or so.

"We're doing BR but we're doing it OUR way!"

"You've not seen BR like THIS before!"

etc

1 hour ago, grindmouse said:

Watched a few gameplay vids and it was mentioned. Apparently there are gunfights now rather than being one-hit shot from your flank, which ruined WWII for me.

That’s brilliant. I agree, WW2 was just too quick.

• Upvote 1

So I'll assume they want to use their Blizzard connection to get Call of Duty bigger in China and other growth markets, all online multiplayer all the time, get all the gaming cafes to install it alongside Overwatch, flog some MTX, profit.

4 hours ago, Dave White said:

5 vs 5, 150 health, longer ttk, fog of war mini map, boots on the ground not wall running, boost jumping, unique gun attachments and loadouts, a more tactical team approach.

thanks for listening

day one

150 health is just to allow more room for fine-tuning the weapons. The base damage per bullet has been increased along with the max health.