Sign in to follow this  
VN1X

Defiance 2050 - They're making a new Defiance game?

defiance-2050.png

• CONTINUE THE FIGHT
  • DYNAMIC OPEN WORLD ENVIRONMENTS
  • MASSIVE CO-OPERATIVE BATTLES
  • STUNNING UPDATED VISUALS
  • HUGE WEAPON SELECTION
  • FREE TO PLAY

Defiance - the MMO that was also a pretty good sci-fi show - is getting another new lease of life from developer Trion Worlds.

Defiance 2050 will be free-to-play, just as the original Defiance game now is, and arrive later this year for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

A closed beta is coming soon, the game's official site says. "Open world environments" and "massive co-operative battles" are promised. 

The original Defiance TV show ran for three seasons between 2013 and 2015, while the tie-in MMO ran alongside with complementary plotlines. But interest obviously dwindled after the telly series got cancelled - even though the MMO was then billed as its official continuation.

Defiance by name, defiance by nature - here's hoping this revival gets a decent chance.

source

I don't even...  I mean I enjoyed the time I spent with the first game and while I was somewhat sad to see it go it wasn't completely surprising either. To see it come back now is rather bizarre yet kind of exciting as well. I'm not sure how much time I'll have for it, what with Warframe having filled that void now, but I'm interested in seeing if they can keep it afloat this time around. Sign up for the Closed Beta here.

• Upvote 1