Orko

Critical Role - The new campaign

Just wanted to say thanks to MDY - for religiously keeping this thread updated with new vids and info. It's appreciated! People may not post much in here but trust that there are some of us who do find it handy.

• Upvote 1

Awww.. :blush:

You're very welcome.. 

And on that note.. 

Brian interviews Travis on the events that made him who he is today.. 

Absolutely loving these.. :wub:  Laura is up next.. 

Sam and Liam resume their pre-CR podcast - now in video form, where they attempt to do new fun things in the small amount for free time they get..

This week, they go sword fight training, along with special guest Will Friedle..

Episode 36

The Mighty Nein go for a sail in their 'borrowed' ship - what could go wrong? :lol:

..and a lovely fan-made animated intro..

Spoiler

Laura's turn on 'Between the Sheets'.. Liam is up next..

And Travis on a quick barbarian build..

http://steamforged.com/sfg-news-blog/3-10-2018-pax-south-miniature-vote-critical-role

Next mini vote is up - choices are

Caliana (Half-elf/Draconic Sorceress - played by Mark Hulmes in Campaign 2)

calianna.jpg?format=750w

Kerrek (Human Fighter - played by Patrick Rothfuss in Campaign 1)

kerrek.jpg?format=750w

Third choice is a bit more obscure.. Ulfgar Fireforge (Dwarf Fighter - played by Ify Nwadiwe in the Vox Moronica one-shots)

ulfgar.jpg?format=750w

New York Comic Con Panel (Saturday)

(@ 6h 52m 16s)

NYCC Talks Machina Panel (Sunday)

(@ 5min)

Enjoyed Crash Pandas (and Grog's one shot) but I still think Honey Hiest is the most complete package of mechanic, character and fun.

The last podcast

Nott/Sam's breakdown at Ford/Travis' captaining...ending with "Caleb I want to talk about mutiny" was amazing

• Upvote 1

This weeks episode may be up later than usual - the sound on the stream from the Live event in New York had lots of issues.. so they are supposedly sorting this for the Youtube upload..

In the meantime here's Sam and Liam learning to tap dance..

Youtube upload of this episode has been delayed a day or so while they continue to fix audio issues that occurred during the New York live game..

https://critrole.com/c2e37-vod-updates/

Some of the audio appears to have been dropped out completely at the source, but those sections will be transcribed.. (it wasn't more than a few seconds here and there, but there were an annoying number of occurrences..

Not sure what they will do for the podcast yet.. they can perhaps get the cast to dub the lines back in, but that's not possible in time to get the Youtube version up..

17 hours ago, Ran said:

I think Taliesin has been about 1000% percent more watchable since shifting to Caduceus.

There certainly seems to be a lot more of a character there.. Molly never really felt very defined besides his ostentatious appearance.. Plus the amnesia aspect actively counted against that.. in the end he seems to have been more useful in unifying the group through trauma than anything else..

Liam's 'Between the Sheets' is a good one.. he discusses the effect the loss of his mother after a long illness had on him and how getting some of that out through Vax helped him cope..

..and his undying love for Sam!

I have been listening to this season of Critical Role and have been enjoying it, but the episodes run a little too long for my tastes and it has meant that I'm not going back to it as much as I expected. However, I started listening to Not Another D+D Podcast at the same time and have been completely hooked. It's definitely sillier than Critical Roll and edited like mad, but it is so much fun. Has been really nice to see one of the players go from knowing nothing about D+D to being completely hooked on it. Well worth a listen if you need more even more of a D+D fix!

https://headgum.com/not-another-dandd-podcast

Fair play to them for trying to fix the live show - but it really is hard to listen to right now.

Which is a shame because everyone (up to about an hour in) is having a whale of time with good action, RP and humor.

On 10/10/2018 at 14:13, Ran said:

I think Taliesin has been about 1000% percent more watchable since shifting to Caduceus.

im not convinced that Molly won't be back.

I still don't think Mercer likes killing characters unless it is plot-led rather than battle-led.

There are times he has deflected an attack or made a decision to avoid a possible death. Not fudging rolls or damage or anything really clunky just a couple of times he has just changed attack focus slightly.

This isn't necessarily a criticism as some groups play for the story/rp and overarching themes. I think Matt Mercer leans on that side and plays for the story. Totally valid way to play but makes me think that Molly isn't gone completely.