wev

Best New Music of 2018

Thought I'd kick start a new thread as I enjoyed last year's.

(thanks @Zorg Rhombus ).

We're only a week into the new year and yet I've already had one album sink it's teeth into me and that's The Grief Manual by The Dogs.

So anyway, share away.

• Upvote 4

If you like your rock to sound like the band should be wearing white hi-tops and a cod piece give these guys a listen

Nice to see James Blake doing something I can get behind again. I much prefer him being weird and it's been far too long. 

Been doing a load of drawing and listening to interesting shit recently.

None of which is actually from 2018 but whatever. I'm not sorry.

• Upvote 1

Didn't know until just now that Portal have a new album out. 

Only a few tracks in and it's already sounding like it'll be better than Vexovoid. Will have to see if it topples Swarthe.

Been listening to Tonight Alive for the past few days

And really like Marmozets new album that's been out for a few weeks now (although I do think it's weaker than their first)

• Upvote 1

On 28/02/2018 at 08:07, supernova said:

I feel like this is Dua Lipa's year for music. However, I can't seem to embed a video here

What a shame ;)

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, The Hierophant said:

Love it. 

Discovered in Kuala Lumpur when driving back after a big Chinese New Year family dinner. Shazam'd that shit.

Their local radio is Trax FM which plays all kinds of mainstream commercial shite (unlicensed pop music covers, even. Urggh..), but very occasionally you'll get some random acid jazz or fusion pop up out of no where. I reckon the cleaner gets sick of all the crap they play and sometimes sneaks stuff on when no one's looking. It's only happened a handful of times in the eight years I've been visiting.

These guys are playing this week if you're around the London area.

Turnstiles "Time & Space" is, imo, an excellent punk album, it's fast, loud and short at 25 minutes-ish long and whilst the tracks are good on their own they feel more complete when listened to as an album (and sounds almost like one single song that goes off on tangents)

• Upvote 2